PDA

View Full Version : Yay! My Laptop Fried!

lillypug34
11-02-2007, 12:13 PM
Well, almost. My darling daughter accidentally bumped into my soda can this afternoon and it spilled all over my keyboard. Thankfully my hard drive is ok and I'm functional with a mouse - but my touch pad bit the dust. Why am I happy about this? Because my husband is giving me my Christmas Present early this year ...
http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x266/tilley32/dell-flamingo-pink.jpg

IT'S PINK!! I'm in heaven ...

Andrea
11-02-2007, 12:18 PM
See, I would have had to totally ruin mine...my husband would have ordered me a touchpad and keyboard to replace. How fun for you!!

anitastreet
11-02-2007, 12:23 PM
yup, I would have gotten a lecture on how to take better care of mine..and then hubby would have just done a repair...and scare me the whole time that he's not sure he can 'save' it for me! :)

I'm getting a new laptop though next week... but I opted for standard silver...Pink wasn't an option..and I figure...if for some reason hubby no longer has his work laptop then he could take my laptop and then I'd get an even newer one :) haha...always planning ahead :)

What model Dell are you getting? I'm having an xpsM1730 delivered next week!!! can't wait! I'll have 4 times the memory I have now! and a much faster processor...and a LOT more harddrive space to fill with scrapbook kits and photos!

KattyZak
11-02-2007, 01:08 PM
How cool is that. That pink is way fun.

lillypug34
11-02-2007, 01:10 PM
Mine is an Inspiron 1721 ... like your's Anita mine will be much faster with lots more space - so exciting!!

I'm trying to get used to using a mouse to scrap! Does anyone prefer a mouse to a touchpad? I'm having a tough time!

amysum1
11-02-2007, 02:50 PM
Yay, Beckie, that is so cute! I use the touch pad to scrap and the mouse to design. wtg! LOL!

tborntreger
11-02-2007, 03:01 PM
ooh very pretty!!! I want one! LOL.. If I had one I'd probably take it to bed with me or I'd go upstairs and hide at night when my husband got home so I could get some quiet time!!! LOL
Now I'm really dreaming!

gigichet
11-02-2007, 03:08 PM
woohoo...I am so very happy for you. We may have to get you your own special "Sippy Cup" to use whenever you are around the new computer so those accidents can be avoided.

Debra
11-02-2007, 03:14 PM
woohoo...I am so very happy for you. We may have to get you your own special "Sippy Cup" to use whenever you are around the new computer so those accidents can be avoided.

:lmao::lmao:

Sexy__Eyes
11-02-2007, 03:17 PM
LOL @ Gwen...sippy cup...a friend of mine fried his keyboard twice in a week that way. I prefer a mouse, I havent gotten used to a touch pad. Congrats on your new laptop.

emst
11-02-2007, 03:21 PM
Like you Andrea and Anita, my husband would fix it, he had to on my other lap top when I did the spilling, my coffee. I can't complain though I've only had this laptop for a year and he did buy me a nice external drive.
I use a mouse when I do my layouts, never tried using the pad. I guess I'm just used to my wireless mouse.

Coolscrapbook
11-02-2007, 08:37 PM
How exciting! It's like getting a new car. I just got mine a couple of weeks ago, and I'm still in heaven with it. Congratulations!

Addie