PDA

View Full Version : If you were going to take a photography class, what would you want to learn?

ABitDaffy
10-30-2007, 01:31 PM
Okay, I'm going to start a photography class here at GDS on December 1st. It's going to be geared toward getting the most out of your digital camera - how to get great shots that make you smile - not a class to turn you into a professional photographer (because I am SO not qualified to help you do that - one day, maybe, in about 20 years :twitcy:) It will be one course with two course paths (one for DSLR users and one for Point and Shoot users). I'll be using videos (like I am in my PSP classes) and written lessons. Part of the course will be about the basics of photography and part about learning to use your camera (using your different settings) and part about lighting (flash vs natural light photography) and I've got ideas for a few other things. But, I'd like your input. If you were going to take a photography class, what would you want it to include?

Is there a particular photography style that you'd like to learn how to do? Would you like a section on photo editing or would you like a whole separate class about that? What would you like to know more about?

Thanks!:laugh:

KattyZak
10-30-2007, 08:00 PM
mmm...that is a good question. I want to learn it all...photo editing as well as how to use my DSLR. So, I am not sure. I know for me, Dec. 1st would be tough as my real estate looks like it might be picking up and I just took on a part-time advertising sales job so I am still getting use to working more. Two kids in sports and all the other holiday festivities I know I am going to be a mad woman as is. Jan. 1st would be better for me.
I do think its a good idea.
Did you check out ThePioneerWoman's blog today? On photoshop.