PDA

View Full Version : Halloween help.....

Scrappy_Princess
10-30-2007, 09:36 AM
AHH... OK... so our big Halloween plans have so changed... my costumes are in a Semi truck going to the other side of the country... and tomorrow is halloween ... i have no idea what to do with my daughter now... all the alduts in the house are fine with out a costume.. but i have to throw something together for lexy...( since im a total moron and left ALL 7 costumes in my dads truck when i was showing him what i did....

Please if you have any ideas for VERY LAST min costumes let me know.. (she is a 3 year old lil girl...)
Ohh.. and to make itall better.. ALL the bills just happened to be due... so i have no money to just go buy something :(

Anyway.. thanks in advance

mosser77
10-30-2007, 10:12 AM
My mom dressed my sister up as a bunch of grapes one year - black leotard, some purple ballons, and safety pins! Check familyfun.com, they usually have good homemade ideas.

Debra
10-30-2007, 10:13 AM
She's 3 so hopefully she'll just love getting painted up.. if you have something black (leotard or black long sleeves with leggins) you could paint whiskers and her little nose black... throw on a little princess crown and she's a Cat Princess :) Not sure where you're located but gloves work well too :)

Good Luck...I bet she'll be happy no matter what you come up with :)

twirlyjoy
10-30-2007, 11:55 AM
I was going to suggest the same as Debra - my dd dressed as a cat a couple of years back - black long sleeved top, black leggings, black bow tied round her neck, and cat ears (we bought these ones after I had made some out of card and an alice band!!). I then painted her face with whiskers etc. you can see a LO of ehr here http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=13632&ppuser=307

emst
10-30-2007, 12:29 PM
I agree with Debra and Erin, throw on a leotard and paint her face and she'll be happy. Besides at that age they don't generally like masks and face painting is easier for them to see.

anitastreet
10-30-2007, 12:37 PM
I was going to suggest a kitty cat with a leotard too...you could also put her in any bright leotard and make butterfly wings with poster paper....add a couple antennae on a headband and she's set.....

does she have dress up clothes? we just raid the dress up trunk for my little one..she's always a princess of some sort!

a friend took one of her husbands old shirts and sewed on peices of fabric that she cut in strips from an old sheet...then dyed it all green buttoned it downt the back and presto her son was a sea monster...

there's always a white sheet with eyes for a ghost....

are you somewhere warm? a hula dancer....bathing suit and grass skirt...(we did that in Florida when it was hot at Halloween)

black sweatsuit with wings made in red and little antennae headband for a ladybug...

good luck

Scrappy_Princess
10-30-2007, 01:58 PM
Thank you so much for your wonderful ideas...

I was in the process of typing out a long message back.. about ALL the little cute ideas..AND a family friend walks in the door.. at my work.... with a princess aurora dress and tiara.....

I love all your ideas they were great.. Thank you guys for your help...

babyofmine
10-31-2007, 05:56 AM
aaawww, what a great friend! Did she know of your need, or just "felt" you needed it? What a great story for the journaling of a layout... :)

Debra
10-31-2007, 05:30 PM
Yaaaay! So glad to hear it all worked out!!