PDA

View Full Version : Fun with Your Kids

Debra
11-16-2006, 08:08 PM
Just saw one of OkBlues beautiful layouts about taking a nature walk with her Daughter (http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=903&limit=recent)and thought about how much fun I just had yesterday doing that with Hannah.

Just wondering what it is you really like doing with your munchkins?

Another on of ours is so simple... we love our after dinner ritual of curling up and watching a movie together and eating popcorn.. we're not happy unless there's popcorn in the house! :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

twirlyjoy
11-16-2006, 10:52 PM
I love going on walks with my girls - one thing in particular is when we go to my Dad's on a Sunday, we go over to the park and play french cricket, then go for a walk. Unfortunately, its been too dark to do that the last few weeks, so am looking forward to the spring when we can do it again!!

Also, I love the movie nights we have. We all snuggle on the sofa, with a duvet (in the winter!!!), and watch a real girlie movie whilst eating pizza, doritos, dips and of course, popcorn!!! :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

Phoenix
11-17-2006, 01:48 AM
hehe I love watching movies with the kids and have popcorn too. Did you all know that I have the Pirates of the Carribean Dead Mans Chest DVD??

neh neh nehneh neh lol *tongue

beany
11-17-2006, 06:57 AM
I also love being out with the kids but one thing i really love is baking with them, altogether or individually. And to be curled up with fresh baked cake or cookies, hot chocolate with marshmallows in and a movie is the best. Toy fights are great too. I love hearing them giggle till they get so tired they beg you to stop!*biggrin

ChristyHC
11-17-2006, 08:54 AM
Oooh cookies. That reminds me that I have stuff to bake cookies, but haven't gotten around to doing it. Maybe today should be the day.
My favorite thing is to snuggle with my ds. He is now 14 months and was not a snuggly baby for the first year of his life, but all of the sudden is now - yeah!

Debra
11-17-2006, 09:22 AM
Oooh cookies. That reminds me that I have stuff to bake cookies, but haven't gotten around to doing it. Maybe today should be the day.
My favorite thing is to snuggle with my ds. He is now 14 months and was not a snuggly baby for the first year of his life, but all of the sudden is now - yeah!

yep, I agree with you.. snuggling is hands down the very best! How funny that he's a snuggler now, mine were so less snuggly at that age when they were ALWAYS on the move.... funny, even the 18 year old is a great snuggler!

okblues
11-17-2006, 07:51 PM
Thank you Debra for your praise on the lo. It seems that we enjoy a lot of the little things. Family time, watching a movie is great for us too. And much to my mil's dismay, all three of my children like to cook & bake with me. She dislikes it that I allow Daniel to do that, but hey, he enjoys it. And who says boys shouldn't know how to cook???? The girls enjoy it to do crafts together too. My problem is finding time for that one on one with each of them. dh & I just have to work out a schedule for that.

Debra
11-18-2006, 04:00 AM
yep, don't they say some of the best chefs are men? Have you ever gotten a chance to check out that "iron chef" program? It's a reality show where these chefs compete.... amazing stuff and just as many men as women.. he he, if not more :)