PDA

View Full Version : Home Sick

amysum1
10-29-2007, 04:33 AM
Seeing all of these beautiful fall layouts and pumpkin patch layouts in the gallery is making me really home sick for Buffalo. LOL, who would think it, right? Living in South Florida is generally great, but during the change of seasons and holidays it kinda stinks! I wanna do fall layouts too wwwaaahhhhhh!

Okay, sorry...just venting. Love looking at all those LO's just wishing I could make my own. :no:

ABitDaffy
10-29-2007, 05:03 AM
I'm with you Amy! And I've never lived north of Virginia, but I do miss fall. Although, in March when we start posting layouts of our kids in shorts and playing in the sunshine, I'm sure there will be some people up north who will be "homesick" for Florida! :twitcy: In my perfect world, it would be 80 degrees from January 1st until September 15th. Then from September 15th until December 15th, it would be 60 degrees and then from December 16th to December 30th, it would snow at night and be bright, sunshiney and cold during the day. I don't want much, do I?

KattyZak
10-29-2007, 05:26 AM
I do love fall, my 2nd favorite season and I don't really mind winter but it is so dang L O N G. It goes on and on and on. And you are right, Daphne, I will be jealous.

gigichet
10-29-2007, 05:43 AM
I am with you guys...I love the changing of the seasons. I love Spring when everything comes back to life and we see the wonderful flowers. Summer I love especially when it doesn't get too hot. Fall unfortunately I know is bringing Winter which when you live in Michigan means bad weather usually. And I love watching the snow as long as we can all stay inside and watch the snow fall. But on those days when we can't I worry---my husband drives over 2 hours a day to and from work on a good day so during snow and bad weather I worry and pray that he gets to work okay more then I normally do.

And you are right Daphney I will envy you all your good weather this winter and beg you to send us some of the heat and I will be happy to send you and Amy leaves from fall in all of their bright colors and snow from winter. We have had snows here in the past to where you could look out at your car and see the antenna and that is all the rest was buried by that lovely white stuff. burrrrrrrr...makes me cold just thinking about it

mosser77
10-29-2007, 05:53 AM
Me, too! Fall is my favorite and I miss it! We went to the 'pumpkin patch' yesterday, which was just a trailer with pumpkins on it, but that's the best I could do around here. And I just put a pumpkin on the porch, but somehow it's not quite the same in 90 degree weather.

KattyZak
10-29-2007, 06:01 AM
Erin, we went to the pumpkin patch on Saturday and it was about 48 degrees...brrr, but it was bright and sunny so seemed warmer.

amysum1
10-29-2007, 06:50 AM
Me, too! Fall is my favorite and I miss it! We went to the 'pumpkin patch' yesterday, which was just a trailer with pumpkins on it, but that's the best I could do around here. And I just put a pumpkin on the porch, but somehow it's not quite the same in 90 degree weather.

lol, our pumpkin is styrafoam because every time i get a real pumpkin it gets moly in a day!

Pahina722
10-29-2007, 06:57 AM
We finally started getting some fall weather around here last week and have had wonderful mid-70 degree days with high-50 nights since last Wednesday. I love this.

As far as pumpkins (well, really jack-o-lanterns)---tried that ONCE and swore that I'd never do it again without help. Since my DH thinks that pumpkin smells disgusting and feels even worse when he's gutting it, that means we admire everyone else's and just put candles and vampires on our porch.

Go ahead---tell me I'm scaring the little ones. It's in my genes. My father used to dress up as a witch and cackle at the kiddies when they trick-or-treated. Scared the pants off a lot of them.

gigichet
10-29-2007, 07:37 AM

Bet it doesn't take long for that pumpkin to melt in the hot weather. It is 36 here today want to trade?

emst
10-29-2007, 09:42 AM
I do not miss the cold weather but I do miss seeing the leaves change on the trees. We had 8 acres up in NY, I mowed 6 acres of the 8 and with a blower did about 3 acres of leaves, and then had to rake the piles up and haul them to the woods, so I don't miss raking leaves. Let me see what else, oh I know I have a hard time making it be any of the fall holidays and even Christmas because the only thing that changes here is that the grass turns brown, I guess it hibernates for the winter. I do however get to see the pretty leaves and snow (yuk) when I go up to visit Madeline in VA.

Helen
10-29-2007, 11:35 AM
lol, our pumpkin is styrafoam because every time i get a real pumpkin it gets moly in a day!

I hear you - I live up north in Illinois and real pumpkins don't last long up here either for me after they have been cut up - and I have colder weather too.

I stopped carving mine a long time ago - I get them to last longer by just using a black magic marker on the outside for faces - lot easier and less messy too. :laugh:

Since a lot of us up north do scrapping with lots of fall colors that look like our outdoors - what kinds of digital scrapbook kits and colors would make more sense for all of you who have WARM weather and sunny days. Would more yellows make more sense in the fall kits? In other words - how DO you decorate for Halloween - colors? just curious - i've never been in a warm climate during the Halloween season.

amysum1
10-29-2007, 11:54 AM
same decor for halloween here, for the most part. now christmas, winter is the tricky one... would love to see a kit with snowmen made of sand and santa in sunglasses and a hawiian shirt kind of thing! LOL!

Mom_of_5
10-29-2007, 06:49 PM
Poor Amy! I can send you some of the pics I just took over the weekend of the leaves changing colors! Then you can scrap some fall pages :wink:

I don't envy your weather, not even in the middle of winter! I LOVE the snow (probably cuz I don't have to leave the house for the most part) LOL!

I've lived in Central TX, South TX, East TX, MS Gulf Coast, swamps of LA, panhandle of FL, OK, Boston, Mexico and now NE Ohio...hmmm, don't think I forgot anyplace, but I could have. I love the weather here cuz it actually has 4 seasons instead of just 2!

You're welcome to come visit anytime!!

KattyZak
10-29-2007, 08:21 PM
Dang girl, but you have lived a lot of places. That is pretty cool.

Debra
10-29-2007, 08:26 PM
I'll trade with you Amy... If I could convince my Boys and Hannah's Dad to move to FL then I'd have the whole family in one state all together... between my Daughter there in college, my Dad, Holly and my Brother (with all my nephews and my neice) being in FL and my Mom moving back to FL in the Spring.. aside from my kids, the whole families there in the good ole south!

KattyZak
10-29-2007, 08:35 PM
I hope to be in FL as a snowbird in as short as 5 years, but in reality it will probably be a lot longer.