PDA

View Full Version : Prayers for One of Our Own

Debra
10-26-2007, 07:42 AM
Just wanted to let everyone know that Leslie Emery lives in Southern California.

Please keep her and her family in your thoughts and prayers during this terrible time as well as all those in the area.

Thank you.

gigichet
10-26-2007, 07:47 AM
I had forgotten about that...got you and the family in my prayers Leslie. My heart just goes out to all of the families living in that area right now.

twirlyjoy
10-26-2007, 07:56 AM
Will be praying for your family's safety as well as everyone in the area .

Sexy__Eyes
10-26-2007, 08:29 AM
Your safety is in my thoughts and prayers

KattyZak
10-26-2007, 10:18 AM
Can't imagine what it is like down there. Hope you and your family are safe and get through this tragdy with as little as interruption.

lillypug34
10-26-2007, 10:19 AM
Thinking of you and praying for you ...

crops2dawn
10-26-2007, 12:17 PM
Whats happened is sooo terrible! Has anyone heard from Leslie??? My thoughts are prayers go out to all those people that are affected by these fires!

kel3120
10-26-2007, 02:57 PM
It is unbelieveable what has happened there. I hope you and your family stay safe during this tragedy.

ScrapShana
10-26-2007, 04:12 PM
Thank you Deb, I did not know she was from there. She'll be in my prayers.

Andrea
10-26-2007, 05:04 PM
Thanks for letting us know! This could happen to any of us!

Debra
10-26-2007, 05:12 PM
Whats happened is sooo terrible! Has anyone heard from Leslie??? My thoughts are prayers go out to all those people that are affected by these fires!

I talked to Leslie today and she and the family are hanging tough. The schools are closed and the smoke is terrible now that the winds have calmed down but they are doing as well as could be expected.

I'm sure she'll be around as soon as she can to let everyone know herself.

Love your photo in your sig :)

tborntreger
10-26-2007, 05:44 PM
I talked w/ Leslie a couple days ago and have her and all of her family in my prayers. It's just terrible what these fires have done to communities.

Leslie Emery
10-26-2007, 05:44 PM
Hi ladies, you can not begin to imagine what the people in southern california have been through over the past several days. It has been just devestating! Our family has been very blessed. We live in Riverside County which is 30 minutes north of the San Diego fires and 3o minutes south of the Los Angles fires. We packed up and were ready to evacuate when we saw the rainbow fire coming over the mountain, we could actually see flames from our balcony. Pretty scary stuff. We have only lived here in Riverside for 2 years. We used to live in Rancho Bernardo the area in SAN Diego, that was hit the hardest. We do have several friends who lost everything. My brother and his wife are in Escondido and the fire came within one street of their home and my husbands Sister and her husband are from Poway and they just missed the fire by a street ot two. Several homes on their street actually burned to the ground. In Poway there were 80 home that were destroyed and most of those homes were multimillion dollar estates. 3-4 million dollars each home! But in times like these those things dont even matter as long as your family is safe. You realized what is truly important in life. Family and photos. lol As I was packing getting ready to evacuate I soon realized that all I cared about was my husband, children and my photos. When I was frantically rushing around packing I kept thinking, what should I take, what should I take, and you know out of all of are incredible thing we have nothing came to mind. I did not care if we lost it all as long as we got out of here safe. We have a new beautiful home and I didnt care one bit about losing it! Makes you realize what is really important in life. But Southern california is devestated to say the least. Thank you all for keeping us in you prayers. Like I was telling Debra earlier, it is smoke that is gonna kill us not the fire! since the winds have died down the smoke is just hanging around. I can not even leave the house. We left to get pumpkins today for the first time in 4 days we were only gone 30 minutes and when I got home I was so sick to my stomach I could hardly stand it. Thank you all again for keeping us in your prayers. I really believe the prayers from all of you have made a huge difference.
Hugs Leslie:love-smiley-011:

ABitDaffy
10-26-2007, 05:59 PM
Leslie, I'm so sorry for all that you, and your friends and your neighbors, are going through! My thoughts and prayers are certainly with you. I remember walking through the neighborhood next to me after Ivan and seeing homes where nothing was left but the cement foundation and it just took my breath away and I've felt the same way when I watched the videos on the news this week. If there's anything at all that I can do, please let me know!

emst
10-26-2007, 07:12 PM
Leslie I'm so sorry to hear what is happening to everyone in California with these awful fires. I'm sure it's very hard on your family to know that friends have been hit by this disaster. My thoughts and prayers are with your family and friends as well as others that live there.
Elaine

KattyZak
10-27-2007, 07:31 AM
Leslie, good to see you here and know your home was spared. I was worried about you. Been watching a lot of fox news and can't even imagine the devastation. I hope things get back to normal for you soon. Keep us posted.