PDA

View Full Version : Prayers Please :)

twirlyjoy
10-25-2007, 08:55 AM
For the last 7, (or it might be 8, I've lost count!) weeks, Alice has had red, swollen tonsils which is obviously very sore and although she hasn't been desperately ill with it, she hasn't really been her usual self (although she has refused to miss any school because of it!)

Anyway, we have been to the GP 3 times and been prescribed 3 different lots of antibiotics, none of which have worked. The last doctor we saw wasn't our Doctor, but she suggested that we spoke to her GP and see if he would refer her to have them taken out.

The guidelines for removing them is actually 6 lots of antibiotics in a year, but she thought that in Alice's case they would probably do it because she is constantly mouth breathing, is snoring at night, and because it has gone on for so long in one bout.

So, please could you pray that he will do what really is best for her (and not what is best for the Health Authority's budget) and also pray that if he does refer her that the waiting list isn't too long.

Thanks in advance :)

ABitDaffy
10-25-2007, 09:21 AM
Joy, I'll keep you and Alice in my prayers! Keep us updated - we can send chicken noodle soup :laugh:, well, maybe virtual chicken noodle soup!

Debra
10-25-2007, 09:29 AM
Poor Alice... She sure is a trooper for trying not to miss school with such a miserable sickness... Will definitely be sending up prayers. Hope she is all better soon.

inge
10-25-2007, 09:39 AM
I' ll say a little pray for you and DD !

bethb
10-25-2007, 09:44 AM
Hugs to you, how old is your dd? My ds had his out at age 3 would have been 2 but it took me 9 months to find an ENT who would do it, nobody wanted to touch him that young. His tonsils were huge but his adnoids were bigger, we didn't go through all the antibiotics because I had mentioned at a previous visit that he snores loudly and we had even commented on how he would stop breathing for a few seconds. ( dh has sleep apnea so we knew what to look for) to finally get them out we did an overnight sleep test at home with an oximeter and poor little guy stopped breathing 60 times in one night. Hehas been fine since they came out. Pay attention to her sleeping and mention your concern of snoring alot and it should help. DS was a diff kid afterwards!!

gigichet
10-25-2007, 10:34 AM
Poor baby...you are definately in my prayers and hope all goes well. Please keep us posted and give Alice a big {{{{{hug}}}}} for me.

emst
10-25-2007, 01:13 PM
You are both in my prayers Joy, hope things go well, hugs to Alice. Try to stay calm, I know that's hard to do but remember we're all here for you.
Elaine

KattyZak
10-25-2007, 02:10 PM
Sending prayers and thoughts your way.

Sexy__Eyes
10-25-2007, 04:04 PM
Your in my thoughts and prayers.

ScrapShana
10-25-2007, 04:12 PM
Hugs and prayers for you both. Let us know what comes about!

Blessings

crops2dawn
10-25-2007, 04:42 PM
Ahhh, what a trooper she is! You both will be in my thoughts and prayers!

flossy55
10-25-2007, 08:53 PM
I'm so sorry...praying that you will be led to the right doctor and that he will make the best decision for her to get well.

kel3120
10-26-2007, 02:54 PM
Thoughts and prayers are with you and Alice! Hope she is able to feel better soon.

Andrea
10-26-2007, 05:10 PM
We are in the same situation with my 8 year old Mykelle! She has had strep enough times to qualify, but it's so hard to have it done! I'll definitely keep your family in my thoughts!