PDA

View Full Version : For those at the chat......Update about my dd

ScrappinGal
11-14-2006, 04:20 PM
Well, for those that were at the chat earlier today, as you know, I took my dd to the doctors. My poor baby:( She has a huge clod sore in and around her mouth. It started on Saturday and I was told that it could last upto 2 weeks. She has had a fever off and on since then also of 102 Ferenheit. Her mouth, tongue, throat and gums are all infected with it. He said that most kids' first case of Herpes 1 (the virus that causes cold sores) can result this way. There is no treatment. I have to just wait it out and keep giving her tylenol for pain and fever. She can't eat because her mouth hurts soooooooo much. He isn't concerned as long as she is drinking plenty of fluids. Today she tried to eat a chick nugget and her poor mouth was soooo sore from it. The doctor also said that the pain and fever will peak at or around the fifth day. That will be tomorrow. I am just hoping that I will be able to help her if it gets any worse. Today was a day from H*** (kwim?) I couldn't even look at her and she would start crying. My poor little girl. Oh and by the way, she is only 2 so it is harder for her too since she doesn't have the words to tell me properly what is wrong.

Please, if I may ask, pray that she will be at least a little more like herself in the next few days. I don't know if I can take another week of her being so miserable.

Sorry for such a long post. Thanks for reading and thanks for your prayers (in advance).

Daniellesmama
11-14-2006, 05:31 PM
So sorry to hear that your dd is not feeling well. My dd is 3, so I know what you are going thru - sick kiddies are the worst. If only there was a way to make it all better for them.

Hang in there!!

twirlyjoy
11-14-2006, 10:42 PM
awww I am so sorry - for both of you. I really hope she is better real soon - and that the doctor is wrong about getting worse before she gets better.

ChristyHC
11-15-2006, 04:35 AM
Oh, I am so sorry to hear that she has to go through that. It is so hard to see your baby sick and uncomfortable and not to be able to make it all better. Hope today is easier for you both.

beany
11-15-2006, 07:19 AM
your poor DD, i really feel for her, I suffer cold sores and really hate them. I really really wish her a speedy recovery. :vb_chirolp_iei:

Debra
11-15-2006, 08:17 AM
Poor thing... I'm so sorry that she suffering like this... :( I really hope it goes away quick and she can get back to playing and feeling well again. Hugs to both of you!!

ScrappinGal
11-15-2006, 08:51 AM
Thank you all for your kind words and support. I hope today is the start of her feeling better. So far today seems to be a good day for her. She hasn't had a temperature yet today (thank goodness) and she is playing a little more. Her mouth is still very sore. I had to give her a dose of Tylenol this morning for that. She seems to be happier also. I hope this is the start of the healing.

CrayonQueen
11-15-2006, 08:54 AM
I am so sorry to hear that she is going through this!! I get them myself, and I remember getting them that bad when I was a little girl also. I really hope that she feels better very soon.

hugz
Patty

Daniellesmama
11-15-2006, 09:09 AM
good to hear today is a better day! Hope she is over it soon!

eri
11-15-2006, 10:41 AM
I'm very sorry because of her illness and I understand what you are going through...my son has 15 months now but when was 6 months old we went to hospital on over the week...it was there terribly and I don't want the revision...never again..let she is recovering as soon as possible

lyndsaymel
11-15-2006, 11:51 AM
poor thing! I hope she starts to heal soon!! I thought there were meds for cold sores.

Phoenix
11-15-2006, 03:10 PM
The poor little girl hun. I pray for a speedy recovery and i feel sorry for you hun not being able to know what to do. Hugs

ScrappinGal
11-15-2006, 06:55 PM
poor thing! I hope she starts to heal soon!! I thought there were meds for cold sores.

Unfortunately, because it is inside her mouth and throat as well as all over her bottom lip, there is nothing that I can give her except for pain. The doctor said that we have to let it run it course.

okblues
11-16-2006, 04:55 AM
I am sorry your dd has to suffer through this and hope she recovers quickly. I know it is miserable for both the child & the mom.

ScrappinGal
11-17-2006, 11:44 AM
The last 2 days have been the worst ever. Her poor mouth hurts soooo much, she screams for hours. I give her tylenol for the pain but I don't think it is working. I made some popsicles this morning, so I hope they will be ready for after her nap (if she will sleep), so I can see if that might help. She still isn't eating and has just started not drinking as much. She is starting to have a hard time doing poo. My poor baby. I wish I could take the pain away from her. This is breaking my heart knowing that I have to let this run it course and wait for it to get better. I checked a few different websites and they all say the say thing and the this could last 2 to 3 weeks. It has only been a week and I feel like it has been a year. This is the worst thing and child and parent can go through and I hope and pray that none of you will ever have to go through this with your children.

HollyS
11-17-2006, 03:45 PM
oh man, I'm so sorry to hear that it's not getting better yet...just hang in there. It will. Both give and get lots of hugs through this and that'll help you both :)

Robbi1
11-17-2006, 05:40 PM
Oh my goodness, please know that our thoughts and prayers be with you and your little one that this will hurry and clear itself up. Nothing worse than a child that young being ill. God Bless you and give you the strength to get through this. Big Hugs!!!

okblues
11-17-2006, 07:44 PM
Sorry to hear she's not better and hope she heals soon.

twirlyjoy
11-17-2006, 11:49 PM
awwwwwwww really sorry that things have got so bad - really hope things are better really soon

Debra
11-18-2006, 03:49 AM
there's nothing worse than watching helplessly while our children suffer... I really hope today is a better day and she is feeling better :)

ScrappinGal
11-18-2006, 04:50 PM
Well, today seems to be better. She has been pretty happy and playing all day. She even started eating again. I am so happy that she wasn't screaming all day again. Let's hope that this will continue again tomorrow.

Debra
11-18-2006, 05:51 PM
That is GREAT news!! I'm so happy to hear that she is on the mend :)

twirlyjoy
11-19-2006, 01:28 AM
I agree - fab news - hope she is back to normal really soon :)

ScrappinGal
11-19-2006, 04:31 PM
*smile One more day and she is happy again! I am sure now that she will be over this soon. She even ate more than she did yesturday!*woot

Thank you all for your kind words, thoughts and prayers! They were greatly appreciated!*smile

Daniellesmama
11-19-2006, 06:09 PM
She's definately getting better!! Glad to hear that you both weathered this storm. Here's hoping for smooth sailing ahead!!

ScrappinGal
11-19-2006, 07:51 PM
I am so happy that she feels better. There is still one thing that she has to go through before this is done. We can not brush her teeth. Tonight, I tried brushing her teeth for the first time since this began and blood started pouring out. I hope that won't last long. I am also hoping that she will want to start brushing again once her gums are not prone to bleeding each time anymore.