PDA

View Full Version : Is anybody else making Halloween costumes for their kiddos (or themselves)?

ABitDaffy
10-24-2007, 02:38 PM
Okay, so my 3-year-old daughter is just a bit off the beaten track. She asked to be Laura Ingalls from Little House On The Prairie for Halloween and, of course, she wants Abigail to be Carrie. Of course, there are no Little House costumes out there - well, unless I check on eBay for costumes made in the 70s (ROFLOL) So, I'm making them both their costumes. Which really wouldn't be a problem, except I HAVEN'T STARTED YET! Yikes!!!! So, is anybody else making costumes and you're not finished yet and you want to stay up the next two nights to finish them? :laugh:

lillypug34
10-24-2007, 02:45 PM
I only wish I were talented enough to make my kids halloween costumes. One of these days I am determined to learn how to sew:biggrin:
Thanks to Old Navy and Costume Express, Emma is going to be Curious George, Sadie a banana and my husband Chris has promised to be the man in the yellow hat :D

Andrea
10-24-2007, 02:55 PM
Umm, yah! Haven't even cut them out yet! Bought the fabric and the patterns a month ago! Luckily, I'm a speed demon on the sewing maching! Eek! :laugh:

gigichet
10-24-2007, 03:39 PM
I am so glad that my kids are grown now I just have to wonder what I am going to hand out if we get any trick or treaters...we live out in the country and what kind of candy or goodie to get the grandkids for Halloween.

Scrappy_Princess
10-25-2007, 07:25 AM
Well... I am not "making costumes" so much as just putting them together...The sad part is we have 7 to get together.. and only 2 are done...
Our house is doing a Wizard of Oz Theme...
My daughter Lexy is going to be Glinda The good Witch
I will be the Wicked Witch
My friend Andrea will be Dorthy
Her 10 day old Daughter , Jazzy, Will be toto
Her husband SHelton will be the Lion
My finance will be the tin man
and andreas dad will be the scare crow...

and i may dress the dog up as a flying monkey....

and we ALL live together.. what an interesting Halloween this will be!!!! :laugh:

Debra
10-25-2007, 09:26 AM
Well... I am not "making costumes" so much as just putting them together...The sad part is we have 7 to get together.. and only 2 are done...
Our house is doing a Wizard of Oz Theme...
My daughter Lexy is going to be Glinda The good Witch
I will be the Wicked Witch
My friend Andrea will be Dorthy
Her 10 day old Daughter , Jazzy, Will be toto
Her husband SHelton will be the Lion
My finance will be the tin man
and andreas dad will be the scare crow...

and i may dress the dog up as a flying monkey....

and we ALL live together.. what an interesting Halloween this will be!!!! :laugh:

Oh boy..this sounds like definite layout time!! :laugh:

My dd was planning on being a kitty cat but we were out shopping for her costume and she saw toto in the basket and right then and there changed her mind to be Dorothy...:twitcy:

Can't wait to hear about how your Halloween goes!

twirlyjoy
10-25-2007, 11:23 AM
No Halloween for us - the girls still have their orchestra rehearsal that day!

babyofmine
10-25-2007, 09:06 PM
I plan for next year's to be much more involved, but this year is simple: Thomas the Tank Engine ("pullover" Thomas and a hat, shirt, jeans) and Draco Malfoy (Krillin has the perfect white hair!! I just need to print the Gryffindor crest and iron it to his cape, then use a tie with the right colors). DH and I haven't figured out what we're going as...so it will probably be something lame. :laugh:
Kudos to all the planning and effort put into yours!! :D

inge
10-26-2007, 03:17 AM
It sounds like so much fun ! Hope we get some trick or treaters this year...

KattyZak
10-26-2007, 04:45 AM
DS has a party tonight and who knows what we will drum up. DD and her GF bought these matching print yellow dresses at the the thrift store on Mon. when they had no school...think sleeveless, short mumu's - not sure what they are going to do with them just yet. They are handing out the treats - last year we went with a can of pop and it went over really big. Will do it again but get some older kids' pop and chill it, too.
Good luck sewing girls. I can't do that. Lots of cute ideas on here.