PDA

View Full Version : Whatcha up to this weekend?

HollyS
10-19-2007, 04:30 PM
Just wondering what everyone is up to this weekend??? Busy or will you have a somewhat restful weekend and perhaps be able to get time in to digiscrap???

Our saturday's are usually full with baseball with the kids and watching college football. Sundays are usually a day we get to just chill! We're planning on decorating for halloween finally and going to shop for costumes. I'm out of town starting mid-week until a couple of days before Halloween so we gotta get all this done this weekend!

Anyway, hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

lillypug34
10-19-2007, 04:38 PM
I'm looking forward to a nice, relaxing weekend of scrapping while planted in front of the tv cheering on the BOSTON RED SOX!!!! Go Sox*woot*woot*woot

emst
10-19-2007, 05:24 PM
You know where I'm head DISNEY WORLD IN ORLANDO FLORIDA and I do plan on doing some relaxing while there.

kel3120
10-19-2007, 05:39 PM
Right now I am sitting at a cabin up in northern Wisconsin. I love it up here!! I plan on doing a lot of resting and a lot of scrapping!

gigichet
10-19-2007, 05:44 PM
We are heading down to my daughters house tomorrow and will probably come back on Sunday so we can have one day of R&R before my hubby goes back to work on Monday. So tomorrow I get to spoil our grandson and hopefully on Sunday I can scrap.

Sexy__Eyes
10-19-2007, 06:09 PM
We're supposed to have a yard sale this weekend but the weather does'nt look promising for Saturday. Other than that, laundry, digiscrapping, online poker, digiscrapping, online poker, digiscrapping, might need to go out to get more pictures, digiscrapping, online po...well you get the message lol.

KattyZak
10-19-2007, 07:13 PM
Can you believe I am home alone. Just me. DH and DS took an impromptu hunting trip to So. Dak. and SS is spending the night at a friends. I've gotten a little scrappin' in as I wrestled with my computer. Its weird to be home alone...a rare occurance. My GF popped over for a visit.
The rest of the weekend is very quiet so tomorrow I am going to tackle backing up this computer so it can go to the geek squad on Tues. the day the kids go back to school. On Sunday I might try to tackle my scrapbook room that has been in shambles this I ransacked it in June for a garage sale.
Liz, where do you play online poker?

Sexy__Eyes
10-19-2007, 07:33 PM
PartyPoker.com been playing there for 4 years. Used to have a real money acct until the law was passed. I deposited $50.00 and withdrew $136.00. Not bad lol.

KattyZak
10-19-2007, 07:50 PM
That is cool. I've heard of college students that paid their tutition that way...not a bad deal.

twirlyjoy
10-19-2007, 11:50 PM
Today, I have to go and pick up Lucie from her friend's house where she slept last night (first 'out of town' sleepover for her!!), then I have to drop all 3 girls off at a private dance class, then they each have seperate group dance classes in prep for their dance exams in November! So, my whole morning will be spent playing taxi service! Then planning on sorting some of the furniture in the girls' newly decorated bedroom - that is if Lucie isn't too tired after last night!

Tomorrow, the girls are going to their Dad's and I am going to the gym! The relaxing will hopefully take place next week when the girls are off on half term holidays, although we are already pretty booked up!

mosser77
10-20-2007, 05:30 AM
We're going to the brand new IKEA store that opened this week in Sunrise!!!!

tanyiadeskins
10-20-2007, 05:41 AM
Where in Sunrise did it open? I am originally from there!

mosser77
10-20-2007, 05:47 AM
Where in Sunrise did it open? I am originally from there!

It's right off 595 @136th, on the north side...exit 1A/1B depending on what direction you're coming from. :)

Debra
10-20-2007, 07:04 AM
Well, we had planned on Soccer at 8 am this morning and then off to a family reunion in Blackburn, VA but Hannah woke up around 1 am throwing up (sorry..gross) so now we're home hanging out and taking it easy.

Hope everyone's weekend is more fun than this!

lillypug34
10-20-2007, 07:05 AM
Oh no ... poor Hannah! Poor girl can't catch a break. (((hugs)))

KattyZak
10-20-2007, 09:47 AM
Oh, poor Hannah. No fun.
A new Ikea? Fun. I remember when we got our 1st one it was so exciting, back in 2004, I think, across from the Mall of America.

kel3120
10-20-2007, 09:54 AM
Kathy- Do you live in the cities? I'm about 2 hours south along the Mississippi.

KattyZak
10-20-2007, 10:22 AM
I do. I am the last suburb going north out of Mpls. or the 1st small town. East Bethel. Are you near Winona or LaCross? My niece is at Winona State.

kel3120
10-20-2007, 10:27 AM
I don't know all of the suburbs very well, but I'm guessing that is where Bethel University is? I am originally from Winona. I went to La Crosse for college, and DH and I lived there for 2 years after (we both have jobs there). We just bought a house in La Crescent which is right across the bridge from La Crosse. We're happy to be back in MN!

KattyZak
10-20-2007, 11:43 AM
I am still in the office getting a little bit done...got both computers going but I tell ya, I feel like I should be out shooting the photos when I look out the window.
http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=13639&ppuser=3712

mosser77
10-20-2007, 12:49 PM
Okay, we tried to do IKEA, but got overwhelmed. They were having people park about a mile down the road at the arena and then shuttling on trolleys. When we saw the line waiting for the trolley, we decided to come back when the hype dies down a little. Besides, we wanted to buy a dining room table, and weren't too sure about the logistics of getting it back to the truck. I'm sure they probably have a special spot for you to pick up your stuff, but still. We blamed it on the baby - 'by the time we get in there, he's gonna want to leave.'

KattyZak
10-22-2007, 07:47 PM
I am still in the office getting a little bit done...got both computers going but I tell ya, I feel like I should be out shooting the photos when I look out the window.
http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=13639&ppuser=3712

Erin, it was so crazy when our Ikea opened. I waited, I believe, 3 weeks until I ventured out there. At that time, a lot of stuff was out of stock and you didn't know it until you went to the basement to pick the stuff up. Being it was across from the Mall of America there was ample parking, I believe.
If is like ours, there is a pick up area on the top floor of the parking ramp for oversized mdse. Lot of things come in flat boxes. We only get out there maybe but once a year.
For those that seen my photo looking out my office window, stuck inside on a gorgeous fall day can read how the days evolved on my blog, http://kathy-piecesof2007.blogspot.com/. I haven't updated forever but this triggered me to start again. It is/was a photo a day which I am going to start again, at least for now.