PDA

View Full Version : Taking a Vacation

emst
10-19-2007, 05:28 AM
We are leaving tomorrow morning to head for Disney. Sunday Madeline will be 4 years old so we are all going to Orlando for the week to celebrate her birthday (lucky little girl). My youngest daughter who lives in Texas will be meeting us there, can't wait to see her, it's hard only seeing her once or twice a year.
I will be bringing my laptop with me and I will try to keep up on the posting program, so if you don't hear back from me right away that's why.
I will be posting Step 2 of the Progressive Challenge a little earlier than normal tonight so I can get to bed early, long drive tomorrow.
I know I'll be busy when I get back so I can use all the photos we take while we're there.
Elaine

Sexy__Eyes
10-19-2007, 05:37 AM
Have a great vacation Elaine. It sounds like it will be.

KattyZak
10-19-2007, 05:43 AM
Lucky you, Elaine. Enjoy your trip and DGD and DD.

HollyS
10-19-2007, 05:45 AM
Oh this is right up my alley girl! Our vacations are to Disney as well! I'm sure you will have a blast....nothing like being with family and seeing the young ones experience Disney. If you haven't been in a while, may I recommend the following for kids:

- WDW-Monsters, Inc. comedy show
- WDW-Kiddy roller coaster in Toon Town
- WDW-Philharmonic show
- Animal Kingdom-Lion King show (my favorite of all personally)
- Animal Kingdom-It's a Bugs Life
- Animal Kingdom-Nemo show
- Epcot-Crush Interactive show (AWESOME!)
- MGM-Stunt Show (AWESOME!)
- MGM-Playtime Disney
- Downtown Disney - LEGOLAND (for boys mostly)

Where are you staying? On International Drive, there is the world's largest McDonalds that has this huge multi-story playground for a change of pace.

I surely hope you have a safe trip and enjoy the special time with everyone!

mosser77
10-19-2007, 05:51 AM
Have fun, Elaine! The heat index is supposed to be 107 in Miami today, so I hope it's cooler up 'north!'

inge
10-19-2007, 06:12 AM
Have Fun !!!

ScrappinBikerChick
10-19-2007, 06:25 AM
have a super time! can't wait to see the new pics!

gigichet
10-19-2007, 06:38 AM
Have a wonderful time with the family. Be safe in your travels. Enjoy the chicken tenders and the stuffed shrimp--eat some for me. Take tons of pictures...but then I know that I don't have to tell you that. And last but not least Happy Birthday to Madeline...

tborntreger
10-19-2007, 06:43 AM
OOH, This sounds fun! Enjoy your time!! Can't wait to see the pics when you return!

lillypug34
10-19-2007, 06:59 AM
Have a Blast! I'm sooo jealous!
We'll miss you ...

emst
10-19-2007, 10:09 AM
Oh this is right up my alley girl! Our vacations are to Disney as well! I'm sure you will have a blast....nothing like being with family and seeing the young ones experience Disney. If you haven't been in a while, may I recommend the following for kids:

- WDW-Monsters, Inc. comedy show
- WDW-Kiddy roller coaster in Toon Town
- WDW-Philharmonic show
- Animal Kingdom-Lion King show (my favorite of all personally)
- Animal Kingdom-It's a Bugs Life
- Animal Kingdom-Nemo show
- Epcot-Crush Interactive show (AWESOME!)
- MGM-Stunt Show (AWESOME!)
- MGM-Playtime Disney
- Downtown Disney - LEGOLAND (for boys mostly)

Where are you staying? On International Drive, there is the world's largest McDonalds that has this huge multi-story playground for a change of pace.

I surely hope you have a safe trip and enjoy the special time with everyone!

My daughter and son-in-law have rented a house for the week 3 miles from Disney so I have no idea where we will be other than the house is in Indian Creek just off of Highway 92. If there is a McDonalds around near there Madeline will see it and want to go, one of her favorite places if there is a play area.

tanyiadeskins
10-19-2007, 10:14 AM
I hope you enjoy yourself, the weather is great right now, here. It is supposed to rain this weekend though, so bring some raincoats :)

anitastreet
10-19-2007, 10:19 AM
oh, you'll be about 5 miles from my Mom if you are west of Disney! have fun! We celebrated Katie's 6th birthday at Disney...had dinner with the Princesses at Epcot! (awesome!) be sure to let them know when you first arrive that it's Madeline's birthday and they'll give her a special button pin to wear (and keep)...she'll get lots of birthday greetings all day (and ask a cast member about a birthday call .. I think it was Goofy that wished Katie a happy birthday)

this is the PERFECT time to visit..not so hot like summer (but still very warm and great for swimming)

thought I'd add to Holly's list...my girls LOVE the Little Mermaid show at MGM as well as the Beauty and the Beast show. and ditto Holly's recommendation about the Lion King show at Animal Kingdom..we love it!

have fun!! take lots of pictures!

Debra
10-19-2007, 10:42 AM
Hope you have a wonderful trip Elaine!! Remember to take lots of pics for scrapping..can't wait to see some of the fun you're going to have!!

emst
10-19-2007, 10:46 AM
oh, you'll be about 5 miles from my Mom if you are west of Disney! have fun! We celebrated Katie's 6th birthday at Disney...had dinner with the Princesses at Epcot! (awesome!) be sure to let them know when you first arrive that it's Madeline's birthday and they'll give her a special button pin to wear (and keep)...she'll get lots of birthday greetings all day (and ask a cast member about a birthday call .. I think it was Goofy that wished Katie a happy birthday)

this is the PERFECT time to visit..not so hot like summer (but still very warm and great for swimming)

thought I'd add to Holly's list...my girls LOVE the Little Mermaid show at MGM as well as the Beauty and the Beast show. and ditto Holly's recommendation about the Lion King show at Animal Kingdom..we love it!

have fun!! take lots of pictures!

Thanks Anita for the info I'm going to copy and paste this and send it to my son-in-law. Michelle has already made reservations for all of us to have lunch with the Princeses on Sunday, they didn't have any breakfast openings. Thanks for the suggestions

Antje
10-19-2007, 12:18 PM
Hope you have a wonderful time at Disney! I just love it and I am sure you will enjoy every single minute. And I'd love to see lots of photos when you return!

crops2dawn
10-19-2007, 01:32 PM
Have a Magical Time Elaine! I wish I was going too... I cant wait to see all those pics when ya get back!

kel3120
10-19-2007, 06:42 PM
Have a great vacation! Sounds like fun!

hystrix21
10-19-2007, 07:21 PM
oh what fun!!
Enjoy your time!