PDA

View Full Version : Starbucks....

Debra
11-12-2006, 05:08 PM
Yes, I know everyone loves starbucks.... but can someone please explain to me why???? I mean, I'm a crazy coffee drinker, anyone who knows me will attest to that! But for some reason, I just haven't been bitten by the Starbucks bug.... Have You? *err

okblues
11-12-2006, 08:37 PM
Nope, not even when I lived where they were close to home. The closest one to me now is about 60 miles.

Xaria
11-12-2006, 08:43 PM
I like starbucks, but I don't like the prices. Generally I can't tell the difference between home coffee and bought except mine is usually hotter*yes

Phoenix
11-12-2006, 09:32 PM
i agree with xaria.. I got put off by the price... so went to mcdonalds mcCafe.. at least i know they make awesome Lattes lol

Yeah.. its a money issue for me

beany
11-12-2006, 11:45 PM
i like the atmosphere, the seats and book corners, the company and the cakes and biscuits. But in England the coffee is just soooo yummy. And the winter flavaous and the Hot Chocolates are to die for. You just don't get it in any other English coffee place - that is why i love it!*biggrin

twirlyjoy
11-13-2006, 03:23 AM
I do love their signature hot chocolate - especially the large size along with a chocolate mallow thingy - whilst sitting alongside Gill - then not being able to move for the rest of the day!!!

As far as their coffee goes, it isn't anywhere near as nice as Tim Horton's coffee which Wendy and Marcie got me addicted to when I stayed with them in Canada!! (btw ladies - i have run out of the packets of Tim's!!!!!)

Debra
11-13-2006, 05:31 AM
Well now, if I can sit with Twirlyjoy and Beany or any of your guys for that matter... I think I'd really like Starbucks better. We stayed in a hotel this past weekend that had a starbucks in it and the coffee was so yucky... I did have a "white chocolate something..." and that was delicious but 4+ bucks!! Hey, that must be the "bucks" part!!

JaJue
11-13-2006, 07:00 AM
We don't have Starbucks here and i hate coffee, so i don't know why people like it so much. *err

Daniellesmama
11-13-2006, 11:30 AM
As far as their coffee goes, it isn't anywhere near as nice as Tim Horton's coffee which Wendy and Marcie got me addicted to when I stayed with them in Canada!! (btw ladies - i have run out of the packets of Tim's!!!!!)

Tim Horton's rules!! And their iced caps are the best!!*yes

HollyS
11-13-2006, 12:23 PM
If I could go and sit in a book store and enjoy Starbuck's coffee, I would! Sometimes I just pop in to get even just a regular coffee, nothing fancy but with whip cream and it's just deliche....

Robbi1
11-13-2006, 07:36 PM
I dont especially care for the Starbucks Hot coffee, but would rather have the summer - Cold Frapachino Mocha's and such...they have chocolate drizzled over whip cream and are really delicious! Great for us on diets huh:)

Debra
11-14-2006, 06:59 AM
I dont especially care for the Starbucks Hot coffee, but would rather have the summer - Cold Frapachino Mocha's and such...they have chocolate drizzled over whip cream and are really delicious! Great for us on diets huh:)

Yeah, that's what I was thinking drinking that white mocha something or another, I might as well have been having a double cheeseburger for all the pounds I was putting on my thighs! hehe!*worried

redring
11-15-2006, 11:03 AM
ewww!! I can not say im an SB fan. I agree with Debra there products tast awfull. Now there is another place though...... panara bread I think, dont get there often . They have really good tea and breads and cakes....mmmmm yummy!

lyndsaymel
11-15-2006, 12:55 PM
I dont like coffee, but I do like their hot chocolate with some raspberry flavoring and whipped cream...mmmmmmm.*yes

Debra
11-15-2006, 01:07 PM
Hey Linds.. Just had to tell you I love your Avatar!! Too Funny!! :lmao:

ChristyHC
11-15-2006, 03:15 PM
I like the atmosphere and everything, but I DON'T drink coffee. I just don't like it. Everyone kept saying just wait until....and then you will like it, but I made it through college, student teaching, teaching, being up at all hours with a new born and still no coffee. In fact, it really was only a couple years ago that I learned to stand the smell of it. :)

Debra
11-21-2006, 07:22 AM
Oh Christy... that's a tough one, I can't imagine not even being able to stand the smell...