PDA

View Full Version : Have You Ever?

Debra
11-12-2006, 03:19 PM
My hubby's parents keep asking us to "forget Christmas craziness and let's all just go on a cruise together".... Have you ever been and what are your thoughts of such an idea? *nerd

Wendy
11-12-2006, 04:08 PM
We went to Acapulco one Christmas with my Mom & Dad. Loved the vacation, but missed spending Christmas day with some of the other family members.

If the whole family could go..... I'm not sure I would enjoy the vacation, LOL.

okblues
11-12-2006, 07:36 PM
I haven't been, but would love to. Don't know about Christmastime though. I would have mixed feelings. I would hate to miss the time with other family members like Wendy said. On the other hand, it would be a nice getaway.

Xaria
11-12-2006, 07:49 PM
My partner and I usually have one family with relatives, then the next hiding. I love spending Christmas just the two of us with no pressure.

Christmas this year will be at the beach (weather depending) and a couple of phone calls to the family.

The only problem is no photos to scrap :)

Debra
11-13-2006, 04:43 AM
My partner and I usually have one family with relatives, then the next hiding. I love spending Christmas just the two of us with no pressure.

Christmas this year will be at the beach (weather depending) and a couple of phone calls to the family.

The only problem is no photos to scrap :)

That sounds like a livable problem... and heck, a few photos of the beach at sunset or sunrise and you've captured a wonderfully romantic way to spend Christmas... I think I want this for Christmas!!

redring
11-15-2006, 10:07 AM
Couldent do x-mass. I love all the family stuff too much. I am usually the one makeing planed get to gathers for everyone. BUT! For New Years I could definitly see an cruse. Could be fun, but not really sure how costly.

lyndsaymel
11-15-2006, 11:53 AM
I'd go *woot if I didnt have small children!! But since I have them, ya know Santa's gotta come!

beany
11-15-2006, 10:24 PM
i wouldnt want it yet - i am still too much in love with baking on christmas eve and the smell of mince pies in the oven. Hot chocolate with the kids and leaving santas drink and pie out. I just love traditional Christmases too much i guess.*biggrin

ChristyHC
11-16-2006, 05:47 AM
My family hasn't been on a cruise, but we did spend a Christmas in Hawaii once. Very strange for me who is use to Michigan winter Christmases.