PDA

View Full Version : PSE and atomic cupcake actions

scrappintwins
10-08-2007, 10:05 AM
Do Atomic cupcake's actions work in Photoshop Elements? I have PSE5 but I am getting PSE6 and just wanted to make sure they work before I joined her club.
Thanks!!

mosser77
10-08-2007, 10:22 AM
Not all of them do...you'll have to look at each one - she usually clairfies somewhere in the description.

Pahina722
10-08-2007, 10:39 AM
I also understand that there's something funky about how you have to install them in PSE 6 to get them to work. When PSE 6 was first released, people were freaking out about it on several scrapbooking boards.

QueenPamedalah
10-08-2007, 10:51 AM
I've been curious on the PSE5 thing, too. I have emailed them three times over 2 weeks and still have not received a reply. I downloaded one of the free ones to check it out, but the installation instructions don't match up with PSE5, so I'm not sure what version they were for.

I'd like to hear from any other PSE5 users out there that have met with success with installing the actions! Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

amysum1
10-08-2007, 12:46 PM
Yeah, they are a pain to install, but once you get them installed, wowie! I am addicted! I had to actually have DH install them for me, because they have to be renamed and all this stuff (this is for PSE 5). But they work pretty well! They do come with instructions for installing into PSE 5, but I haven't seen any instructions for PSE 6.

amyleigh1204
10-08-2007, 12:59 PM
it is actually very easy to install actions in PSE 5 and up. Here you go:

Go to the Program Data>Adobe>Photoshop Elements>5.0>Photo Creations>Special Effects> then creat a new folder named whatever actions you are installing (Atomic Cupcake, Flaming Pear, etc) and copy all of the actions into that folder. *Just the action, not the icon that would show up in the Styles Palette in earlier version of PSE. They won't show up in PSE5+*

amysum1
10-08-2007, 01:37 PM
Thanks Amy! I just downloaded a bunch before my month ends and was about to ask DH to install them for me again! LOL! Maybe i will try to do it myself!