PDA

View Full Version : Blogs and Blinkies

DigiLover
10-04-2007, 06:10 PM
just a query after snagging the fantastic blinkie made by ckbymommy (thank you again)...

I'm in the throes of creating my own blog and I'd like to add some digi blinkies to it - is it allowed in the digiworld to add your fav designers and digi sites blinkies to your blog ie. the one that ckbymommy made for GDS am I able to put that on my blog?? and do I have to ask permission from the site/designer to use them on my blog??

thanking you in advance

KattyZak
10-04-2007, 06:29 PM
I would say you do not need permission but am guessing at that.

Sexy__Eyes
10-04-2007, 06:52 PM
Where are all those great blinkies? I cant find them :confused1:

Sexy__Eyes
10-04-2007, 07:25 PM
Where are all those great blinkies? I cant find them :confused1:
Never mind I found them :rolleyes1:

lillypug34
10-04-2007, 07:28 PM
I have a bunch on my blog and I haven't heard any complaints yet!

Andrea
10-04-2007, 07:47 PM
I think people generally put them out there so people will grab them. That's just my opinion though. :)

DigiLover
10-04-2007, 07:54 PM
I think people generally put them out there so people will grab them. That's just my opinion though. :)oh goodie I'm glad you replied Andrea because yours is one that I would of liked to put on my blog :) - I hope you don't mind if I include yours then :wink:

DigiLover
10-04-2007, 07:56 PM
sexy I'm glad you found the blinkies - great aren't they.

thank your for replying ladies - I guess I'll soon know about it if there are any complaints once I start advertising my little blog

amysum1
10-05-2007, 02:41 AM
I had a question about this too...can we use GDS desingers papers and elements in any GDS blinkies we make? I used Amy Leigh's background for Elaines and Gwens scrapper of the month blinkie, and credited Amy Leigh on the actual blinkie... should I have or what's the deal? Desinger feeback please!

petitflocondeneige
10-05-2007, 02:45 AM
to avoid complications, I make my blinkies only with my creations or with material with commercial use. The personal use can differ from one designer to another, the TOU are not always very clear for that kind of "special" stuff ;-)

ScrappinBikerChick
10-05-2007, 03:18 AM
i would say that blinkies are out there to steal and post on your blog...so i wouldn't worry about that.

regarding using designers stuff for blinkies....it is probably best to ask. i know i wouldn't mind my stuff being used to create blinkies for GDS, but not for other sites, unless it was for commercial use.

hope that helps :D

HollyS
10-05-2007, 09:20 AM
Thanks Jess for clearing up those questions....other designers please also chime in with what you approve.

HollyS
10-05-2007, 09:24 AM
I also wanted to so thank you all who have made blinkies here at GDS! It's been great and we really appreciate it!!!

amysum1
10-05-2007, 10:04 AM
Thanks Jessica! Good to know!

tborntreger
10-05-2007, 10:44 AM
i would say that blinkies are out there to steal and post on your blog...so i wouldn't worry about that.

regarding using designers stuff for blinkies....it is probably best to ask. i know i wouldn't mind my stuff being used to create blinkies for GDS, but not for other sites, unless it was for commercial use.

hope that helps :D

I agree with Jess as far as I am concerned~

alfenner
10-05-2007, 11:23 AM
Ditto Jess for me - blinkies for GDS are fine, but if you'd like to use my creations for other blinkies, please ask :)

Oh, and it's fine with me if you'd like to grab my blinkie!