PDA

View Full Version : What program are you using for sbing?

rachnmaddie
10-03-2007, 08:00 AM
Just curious if I am the only one using Scrapbook Max. I truly love it, but I am currently trying to learn PSE (in AmyLeigh's class).

What program are you using? What are your likes and dislikes ?:blahblah:

Pahina722
10-03-2007, 09:00 AM
I've never used Scrapbook Max. I started using PSE 5.0 in March and have been very happy with it. It has a lot of versatility without costing an arm and a leg like its big sister Photoshop CS3. I can do pretty much anything I want with it except create actions (which I don't know that I'd attempt anyway) or use text paths---so for now, it does what I want it to.

amysum1
10-03-2007, 09:17 AM
I've never used Scrapbook Max. I started using PSE 5.0 in March and have been very happy with it. It has a lot of versatility without costing an arm and a leg like its big sister Photoshop CS3. I can do pretty much anything I want with it except create actions (which I don't know that I'd attempt anyway) or use text paths---so for now, it does what I want it to.

I've created actions in PSE 5, just on one LO, one time, to get miltiple photos all cropped to the same exact size, easily... But yeah, text paths would be cool! Otherwise, I love PSE 5 and am scared of it's big sister! :head_hurts_kr:

anitastreet
10-03-2007, 09:23 AM
I have both PSE5 and PaintShopPro (I'm using version 8 but also have version 9)..and I have Microsoft's Digital Imagining Suite still in its box! For the most part I love PaintShopPro....it's easy to use and runs smoother and quicker on my laptop then anything else I have. Every program has it's ups and downs...it's a matter of figuring out exactly what options you need and use, and then finding the right fit.

good luck!

KattyZak
10-03-2007, 09:28 AM
I am also using PSE5.0 and pretty happy with it with the exception it has a steep learning curve, but it does seem to get a lot easier as I go. I hear that version 6.0 is out so maybe they will have added some of those features.

mosser77
10-03-2007, 09:33 AM
I've created actions in PSE 5, just on one LO, one time, to get miltiple photos all cropped to the same exact size, easily... But yeah, text paths would be cool! Otherwise, I love PSE 5 and am scared of it's big sister! :head_hurts_kr:

Andrea has text paths for PSE in her store! Very cool and super easy to use. Some of her templates have text paths too.

http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_dnld_info&products_id=817
http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_dnld_info&products_id=918

kel3120
10-04-2007, 04:51 AM
I started out with Scrapbook Max too. I loved it, but then I started to really want to learn how to do other things that the program just couldn't do. I realized that my computer had come with PSE 2.0, so I started to teach myself that. I like this program a lot, but I can't wait to upgrade. 2.0 is just so outdated. It doesn't even let me use the text paths that are already in Andrea's templates!

petitflocondeneige
10-04-2007, 05:18 AM
I'm always surprised to see so many people use so expensive programs... Do you all buy them?
I use gimp because it's free and really powerful, make my text paths with inkscape (free also)

Antje
10-04-2007, 11:21 AM
I started with PS 7 and soon upgraded to PS CS2. That is where I do my layouts.
But I started learning to design just recently and the classes are given in PI so I got PI 12 for my birthday...

And yes, we bought the software...

amysum1
10-04-2007, 11:25 AM
I started with PS 7 and soon upgraded to PS CS2. That is where I do my layouts.
But I started learning to design just recently and the classes are given in PI so I got PI 12 for my birthday...

And yes, we bought the software...

What is PI? and where are you taking the classes? Thanks!

Antje
10-04-2007, 11:27 AM
PI is PhotoImpact and the classes are held in a German forum, the Scrapsisters... (and for free)

Waterdog
10-07-2007, 01:28 PM
I'm always surprised to see so many people use so expensive programs... Do you all buy them?
I use gimp because it's free and really powerful, make my text paths with inkscape (free also)
Same here! Thanks for the tip on Inkscape. I've never heard of it, will have to try it out!

MaggieMae
10-07-2007, 03:51 PM
I'm in Amy Leigh's class learning PSE 5, too. It has really made me appreciate the ease of using Scrapbook Max! If you're not into creating elements, etc., putting a layout together in SBM! is really easy. But you do need a photo editing program to supplement it. I have been loving Real Draw Pro4 which is taught at Esteesbarn.com. It's all about trying everything, I guess, and finding what it is you really need. I'm really lazy and so am struggling with the learning curve in PSE. In a while, I hope I'm telling everyone how wonderful and easy it is!! I know we have a good teacher in Amy Leigh!!

softerimagegrl
11-24-2007, 05:27 PM
I use PS CS2. My fav photo editor is ThumbsPlus pro. i couldnt live without my thumbs

Debra
11-28-2007, 10:40 AM
I love cs2 ... :)

BobbieB
12-16-2007, 12:57 AM
I use a mixture

PSP9 and PSP 12 Mostly because I'm more comfy with them I've used psp since psp 5

But I also use PS CS3 because I can run actions for certain things in it that I can't find scripts for for psp. And I'm not 100 percent used to it. So Say I'll make ribbons, buttons, beads in CS2.

Then bring it all back to psp with my million plug ins to tweak this n that.

Layouts bigger then 8.5 x 11 I do in CS2 cause it handles the bigger graphics better. Anything smaller then that is done in psp

Rozschlab
01-07-2008, 08:21 AM
I am a newbie, so this is interesting to me...I have CS2 installed on my computer, but I am finding it very hard to learn how to use it...Any great suggestions on what classes, books, etc., to use to get familiar with this program?
I just recently purchased Creative Memories' new software, Storybook Creator Plus. I love using it do pages quickly--it's perfect if you are scrapbooking only! But I think you do need a photo editing program to use along with it. And to do anything else...

twirlyjoy
01-07-2008, 09:36 AM
I am a newbie, so this is interesting to me...I have CS2 installed on my computer, but I am finding it very hard to learn how to use it...Any great suggestions on what classes, books, etc., to use to get familiar with this program?

We have just the thing right here at gds !!! Go to the store here http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=62_64 and you will find that we have our very own PSCS classes - well, Andrea runs them!

The next classes start in February, so keep your eye out in the forum for info on when you can enrol!

Rae's World
01-07-2008, 02:32 PM
I guess I am a little different. I have been using Microsoft Picture It Premium 10, only because it came with my laptop. I have had to figure everything out. It gets pretty bogged down sometimes and it gets slow. I am going to buy PSE6 in about 2wks. SO I have been messing around with the trial version. But it keep shutting down on me. I am really excited about it though.

I am curious to know whar GIMP is? Where do you get it?

Jools
01-08-2008, 09:34 AM
I use PSCS3 - and yes it is expensive but I only bought it because I officially became a student this year and it is soooo much cheaper to buy then - it would be an insult not to buy it - well, that's what I told my DH anyway :laugh:

pSyren
01-08-2008, 02:33 PM
I use CS3 too. I had to buy the full licence so it was extra expensive.
I'm a photographer and use it for my post processing. The student version can't be used for commercial purposes so I didn't have much choice, I had to fork out for the full licence. Same with Lightroom.
I've been using Photoshop since version 4.1 (shows my age) so I'm much more familiar with photoshop than I am scrapping :)

Lately I've been playing with ArtRage. Haven't produced anything with it yet but it's a cool little program, really nice to use with some great effects. I love the glitter :)

cmcariann
01-08-2008, 03:11 PM
I've used PSE4 ( actually uninstalled it a while back ) but I currently use Creative Memories Storybook Creator Plus... I am starting to toy with the designing side of things so might install PSE4.0 on my laptop, but not really sure... I like SBC+ for my cards, pages, and bound books, so I'm happy w/o PSE for a while...

Jools
01-08-2008, 11:52 PM
I use CS3 too. I had to buy the full licence so it was extra expensive.
I'm a photographer and use it for my post processing. The student version can't be used for commercial purposes so I didn't have much choice, I had to fork out for the full licence. Same with Lightroom.
I've been using Photoshop since version 4.1 (shows my age) so I'm much more familiar with photoshop than I am scrapping :)

Lately I've been playing with ArtRage. Haven't produced anything with it yet but it's a cool little program, really nice to use with some great effects. I love the glitter :)

Yes, the full licence is expensive and as and when and if I decide to start to design (I dabble a bit at the moment :proud:) I would then have to buy the full licenced version - for now I'm playing and practising with the student one!

ArtRage is FAB!!! I got a Wacom tablet for Christmas and it came free with it - and YES loving the glitter here too! :wub1:

nikkiana
02-10-2008, 07:20 PM
I use iScrapbook and occasionally CS2.

I started out using CS2, because I already had it kicking around.... but I also have an Intel Mac and CS2 just runs like molasses... My other issue with CS2 was the fact that I wanted some way to see what scrapbook papers and elements I had available, and I couldn't really do that easily using CS2.... so when that's all I had, I pretty much didn't digiscrap at all because it was frusterating...

I was inspired one day to see if there were any other interesting scrapbook specific programs, and I ended up stumbling across iScrapbook, which is a Mac only program.... There are some things that you can't do with it, but it's great for just doing quick layouts... it's all very drag and drop. It comes with a bunch of elements. It integrates with iPhoto as well, so if you organize your scrapping stuff with iPhoto, you can access it from the browser in iScrapbook.... it just makes things a lot faster and simpler for me... and since I have CS2, if I feel inclined to do something fancy, I can.

lawyerlyn
07-20-2008, 10:04 AM
as of the moment i use adobe photoshop 7. am thinking of changing to photoshop elements though.

britnkaysmemaw2
07-20-2008, 10:26 AM
This has been interesting reading everyones comments. I started out about a year ago learning digi scrapping using Microsoft Pic. It v.7. It is great for basics but I finally decided I wanted to do more, so had PSE 3 and am in the process of learning it. Hopefully once I get more comfortable I will upgrade to a newer version, but I have heard that PSE v.6 has problems with bogging down and that it doesn't have all the kinks ironed out yet. Anyone else heard this?

Can anyone explain the difference to me between PSE 3 and Adobe Photoshop 7. I have it too, but have never tried using it.

Jazzys Mom
07-23-2008, 04:04 PM
I have mostly been using Microsoft Digital Image Pro. I did download a trial of PSCS3 and did like it for extraction but it sure has a steep learning curve and is very expensive.

I read a few posts earlier about ArtRage and went to their website. Looks like a great program but mostly for designing. Am I right?

jazzys mom