PDA

View Full Version : Using JPEG's in PowerPoint

Pahina722
10-01-2007, 01:56 PM
Shot in the dark here, folks! I'm hoping someone will know.

My school is about to install "smart classrooms" throughout my whole building--which means that I'll now be able to project anything on my computer onto a screen for the whole class--including PowerPoint presentations (lectures). This is really cool since the highest tech I've had access to so far has been an overhead projector and a DVD player attached to my TV (with no cable hookup).

My Question: I want to start working on some PowerPoint presentations, but I'd like to be able to create "stuff" in PSE 5.0, save it, and import it into a PowerPoint slide. Does anyone know if it's possible? The artwork available with the Power Point program is pretty limited and boring!

Since I don't have PP loaded on my home computer, I can't really test it out myself without loading PP -- which I'd rather not do if it won't work.

ABitDaffy
10-01-2007, 02:06 PM
I'm going from memory here since I don't have it installed at home either, but there's an import image functionality that lets you add all kinds of multi-media things to power point presentations. You shouldn't have any trouble at all! From what I remember, it works just like in word. You click Insert, find the file you want and voila, it's in your presentation. No you may have to do iterative jpg files so you get the effect you would in Power Point of having things added to the screen as you go. Although, I guess you could do your jpg as your presentation background file and then use PowerPoint's native caption and text functions on top of the background. That would be pretty cool!