PDA

View Full Version : So... How long have you been Digi-Scrapping?

Debra
09-29-2007, 03:19 PM
It's been a while since this kinda thread has gone around...and I'm always curious... :)

So..How long have you been digiscrapping? And what style are you most drawn towards these days?

As for me, I've been digiscrapping for ..hmmm..it'll be 3 years in December. Right now I'm crazy for the grungy browns and the very realistic look... now that I think about it... I've always been kinda drawn that way...

And You?*wantmore

amysum1
09-29-2007, 05:13 PM
I've been digi-scrapping for about 2 months. At my old job I designed newsletters for private country clubs, so in all fairness, "graphic design" is not all that new to me, and I always loved doing that. But I didn't even know what digital scrapbooking was until late July. But, boy oh boy, I found my calling, craft wise, that is. I am so hooked, it's almost sick!

I like girly, vintage-y, shabby chic designs (I have 3 daughters, no boys) and quirky with a bit of grunge, but I think I tend mostly to go for whimsical and fun looks.

KattyZak
09-29-2007, 05:44 PM
Little over 5 months now after taking as long or possibly longer to get my feet wet.

I am drawn to a ton, but what sticks out in my mind is grunge, inky corners, grids and more grids, stripes, and more. Am also drawn to graphic inspired layouts. I don't embrace the trends but seem to be drawn to them.

Mom_of_5
09-29-2007, 05:51 PM
I've been digiscrapping for about one year. I am addicted to doing layouts to get free stuff! I am drawn to freestyle lo's. I wish I was better at them myself.

I have 2 girls & 3 boys so just about anything goes! I love bright & bold colors, pinks/purples, great word art and overlays.

sillyleann
09-29-2007, 06:29 PM
2 1/2 years! That is hard to believe.

emst
09-29-2007, 08:36 PM
I've been doing this for about two years, only once in a great while before and then I got more into it a while back. My granddaughter Madeline is my inspiration. I like the vintage look, earthy colors, fun kits, almost all of it.

inge
09-29-2007, 11:32 PM
I made my first LO on 05-26-2007, the day I subscribed here...

I'm still searching for my style I guess, but it aint blue, I know that for sure after the last supreme team round ! LOL

Debra
09-30-2007, 03:51 AM
I made my first LO on 05-26-2007, the day I subscribed here...

I'm still searching for my style I guess, but it aint blue, I know that for sure after the last supreme team round ! LOL

OH Inge...lol.. you are too funny! I am amazed that you have only been scrapping since the end of May... Geez, and you made it all the way through to round 3 of the Supremes... You've gotta be impressed with that!

*woot

twirlyjoy
09-30-2007, 05:14 AM
Seems like forever but is in fact 3 years! In fact, it might be longer in that I was making and printing photo collages and decorating them before I really knew that digiscrapping existed!!

Pahina722
09-30-2007, 07:27 AM
I started in February by subscribing to an online class at the Scrap-Faire (or was it Scrap-Fest--my memory for names is horrible!). I didn't really begin making my own layouts until March, so that makes it seven months.

ABitDaffy
09-30-2007, 07:54 AM
Umm, I guess I've been doing it for a couple of years. I just didn't realize that's what I was doing until April of this year! :laugh: I was making photo collages and sending to people (that's how I told my sister that I was pregnant with Abbie), but I was still paper scrapping. I'd read about digital scrapping and even downloaded some freebie stuff in early 2005, but I never really did anything with it until I had a eureka moment and thought, hey! maybe I can do that! Now, for my style - I think I lean toward kind of photo-journalistic and graphic design style, the kind of stuff with blends and extractions and I really love layouts that look like magazine pages (I scraplift a lot of magazine ads :laugh:). But, I'm drawn to those amazingly realistic pages that I see so many people here create! The ones that look like so much like traditional scrapbook pages that you just want to reach out and touch them. And, as for products, well anything's game - I love textures, and funky grungy stuff, but I also love cutsie stickers and girly colors. I guess you'd say my taste in products is very eclectic - you should see the previews in my product collection - I think I've got stuff that runs the whole gamebit!

Antje
09-30-2007, 02:08 PM
I just had to check on my first layout - and I can't believe that it is such short a time since I started.
I never heard of digi scrapping before but found a forum of a photographer who did it and there I learned just a bit and started. That was in June this year.
The forum closed shortly afterwards (guess why? - LOL) and I found a new one where I think I found my style.
I like the more grungy, layered style with lots of elements and I'm always sort of lost when I can't put tons of elements on my layouts (sometimes it just does not seem right, you know?)...