PDA

View Full Version : Shock Horror....Gobsmacked

DigiLover
09-25-2007, 04:46 AM
I belong to a parenting website which besides parenting issues we have a recipe swap, card swap and for any traditional and digi scrapbooking people we love to show off our LOs.

Anyhow this girl hops onto our lovely little thread and starts going on at us digiscrappers that we are not real scrappers etc and that all we do is cut/paste and that there is no talent to it etc.

Well being the DigiLover that I am I was very miffed to say the least... as were my fellow digiscrapping buddies.

Has anyone else come up against this sort of thing saying that we are not real scrappers????

emst
09-25-2007, 05:09 AM
I've never come across that comment. As a matter of fact I know people that do paper scrapping and they said that they have to try digiscrapping, they said it's a much better way of sharing layouts with family and friends. I know my son-in-law emails my layouts to his mom and dad and then she sends them on to more family and friends and my daughter told me that they print them out and have alot of them framed in their home. Of course they are of Madeline and they love to show her off like I do. I guess it's all what you choose to do. Personally I'll stick with digiscrapping.

gigichet
09-25-2007, 05:30 AM
I have come across the people that have made this comment---and I think that those are the people that are afraid to try digital scrapping. A lot of people are terrified of these programs, I was and I still have a lot to learn. I know now that I do most of my work digital I have a hard time trying to do hands on scrapping.

I love working digitally because there is no clean up or if I make a mistake I don't have to deal with the stickey mess trying to take something up. I know that one day I will go broke when I go to print off all of the layouts that I want to print but I will worry about that later.

Just remember that everyone is entitled to their own opinion and what they say is not always right but it might be right for them at the present time. I thought that I would never be a digital scrapper and now I love it!!!

KattyZak
09-25-2007, 06:02 AM
Oh yes. We are considered the dark side. I think Gwen is right to a certain degree in that those that speak the loudest are most likely too overwhelmed with the learning curve. The good news is that with the growing popularity of digi it has tamed down.

HollyS
09-25-2007, 07:21 AM
At the birthday party I went to this weekend, I brought my album knowing that there were going to be a few scrappers there. A couple have dabbled in digi and they were in awe of what we could do as digiscrappers. The paper scrappers really couldn't be bothered. I think there is a dividing line and it just maybe boils down to what we are comfortable with.

Andrea
09-25-2007, 07:34 AM
Yeah, most paper scrappers don't get it. I just ignore it. I find that they usually slam digi-scrapping if they aren't very good with a computer! :)

amysum1
09-25-2007, 07:40 AM
Wow, if only they would give it a try! I used to paper scrap and I will NEVER go back! This is soooo much better, I feel I can be more creative, less mess, I can do it anywhere, my laptop is portable, I am learning new things every day, waaaay less money...I could go on and on, but yeah, if people don't know their way around a computer well, then I guess they are going to be put off by the idea. I personally think it takes more design skill doing it the digital way, but that's just my opinion!

twirlyjoy
09-25-2007, 07:57 AM
I digi and paper scrap, but actually left a regular paper scrapping group because they said that digi was cheating!!

My reply is that if they think it is so easy, then to show me a LO they have done digi - it should be out of this world if it is so easy!!!

babyofmine
09-25-2007, 10:55 AM
Luckily I haven't met anyone with this attitude. A lot of paper-scrappers I know love the ease of sharing the finished (digi) page, but most have expressed a preference to the "feel" of paper and glue. More power to 'em! :D

mosser77
09-25-2007, 10:55 AM
Ctrl-Z is why I digiscrap!!

Maisie
09-25-2007, 04:23 PM
Amen, to that!!

Ctrl-Z is why I digiscrap!!

amysum1
09-25-2007, 04:44 PM
I am more of a novice than I thought! What does Ctrl Z do??? LOL!

mosser77
09-25-2007, 05:25 PM
Ctrl-z = undo:hairpull:

amysum1
09-25-2007, 05:37 PM
Oh man! I was doing it the long way! :pcguru: I'm self taught, what can I say? LOL! Thanks for the tip!

DigiLover
09-25-2007, 09:21 PM
thank you ladies for all your comments - you've really cheered me up as I was so peeved earlier on about it.

I love digi and I'm learning something new everyday (and still have sooooo much to learn) and silly comments like that don't do anyone any good. We are all doing a craft that we all love so whether it is via a computer screen or paper and glue we all have the same aim and that is to have fun, preserve our precious memories and then share them with our family and friends.

I love the "no mess" plus the added bonus of my toddler's little hands not getting into everything plus everything is right at our finger tips literally - no rushing out to buy a product because we have a space on our LO to fill plus you can use your downloads over and over again which is fantastic and easy on the hip pocket for those who cannot spend a fortune on the paper scrapping supplies. Plus you can belong to beautiful digi communities like this one and share your LOs and ideas and get fantastic ideas in return not to mention all the fun we have - I had such a ball at the GDS Birthday Bash that I can't wait for your 2nd birthday to come. :wink:

mosser77
09-26-2007, 05:51 AM
I love the "no mess" plus the added bonus of my toddler's little hands not getting into everything plus everything is right at our finger tips literally - no rushing out to buy a product because we have a space on our LO to fill plus you can use your downloads over and over again which is fantastic and easy on the hip pocket for those who cannot spend a fortune on the paper scrapping supplies. Plus you can belong to beautiful digi communities like this one and share your LOs and ideas and get fantastic ideas in return not to mention all the fun we have - I had such a ball at the GDS Birthday Bash that I can't wait for your 2nd birthday to come. :wink:

I totally agree!

And I think we should start a petition to get Holly & Debra to let us celebrate GDS's half-birthday!!:balloons: