PDA

View Full Version : Announcing.....

Debra
09-21-2007, 04:29 PM
Click the Ad to find out more information!

http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/shop/images/ad1.jpg (http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=62)

emst
09-21-2007, 04:51 PM
What a great idea this is. I have my husband now looking for a good price on the CS3 program. Is anyone a teacher that already have this. He said that teachers can get this program at a price of under $300 but they can only buy a new program using this offer once a year.

mosser77
09-21-2007, 04:54 PM
Awesome! When do the classes start? Is there a minimum/maximum number of participants for each class?

gigichet
09-21-2007, 05:20 PM
oh what a good idea...this is something that everyone can use I am sure. What will the classes cover?

amysum1
09-21-2007, 05:27 PM
I saw this when I was buying stuff in the store today! Very excited!!!!!!!!

Debra
09-21-2007, 05:35 PM
oh what a good idea...this is something that everyone can use I am sure. What will the classes cover?

Gwen..if you click on the ad it'll take you to the courses in the store with the details :wink:*woot

Debra
09-21-2007, 05:36 PM
What a great idea this is. I have my husband now looking for a good price on the CS3 program. Is anyone a teacher that already have this. He said that teachers can get this program at a price of under $300 but they can only buy a new program using this offer once a year.

Elaine.. if you have a child in college you can use their id to purchase at student discount too :)

Debra
09-21-2007, 05:38 PM
Awesome! When do the classes start? Is there a minimum/maximum number of participants for each class?

Hi Erin... nope on the minimum/maximum number of participants in the classes as of yet :wink:

ABitDaffy
09-21-2007, 05:45 PM
Hi! If anyone is interested in either of the PaintShop Pro classes and you want to know more about them, let me know on this thread or PM me and I'll send you a course syllabus for each of the classes so you'll know exactly what the sections will cover.

Helen
09-21-2007, 07:16 PM
AWESOME! I can't wait - seriously ! I'm giong to sign up - you know - you can always pick up information in these classes.

Even if I've been using these myself - I know there's stuff that these 3 ladies know that I don't know - I can tell that by looking at their designs and layouts!

Always interested in classes and ways to learn new things in these tools.

I love that they are offering up these classes for us! I know if I have a question - I can ask these ladies and not be embarrassed to ask. :laugh::laugh:

Yes, I have tons of questions on these tools - always learning - there are so many features in them - THANK YOU for these classes - can't wait!

Andrea
09-21-2007, 08:55 PM
I'm very excited to be teaching the Photoshop Class! You can see an outline of what the CS2 class covers in the store! Very exciting!

twirlyjoy
09-22-2007, 01:31 AM
wow! I wish I had had access to something like this when I was learning PSP - am sure it would have been a lot quicker than teaching myself!!

casey4
09-22-2007, 02:15 AM
This is a great offer for the members.

HollyS
09-22-2007, 04:48 AM
Awesome, I truly cannot wait!

emst
09-22-2007, 08:03 AM
I wish I did, my girls are now 35 and 32, they've been out of school and college for a long time.

amyleigh1204
09-22-2007, 09:30 AM
This is going to be really fun! I can't wait for them to get started!

dragonflyscrapper76
09-22-2007, 01:16 PM
Well, I am so glad you are all offering these classes, I just signed up, and I am very excited to learn from you and hone in my skills as a scrapper, and designer. I had thought about taking classes similar to this at another site, but GDS is just so friendly, and I really love all of you, so this should be so much fun.

Maisie
09-24-2007, 08:37 AM
Oh! I'd love to take these classes!
I'd love to learn PSP! I could get the PSCS3 from my son Nick, who's at college, but I am so broke, I don't have the 320.00. Which is a steal!
Off to check out the classes

dimplebrandy
09-25-2007, 11:29 AM
I know, I know, there are no stupid questions, but still......

I use Photoshop 7.0, what class could I take ??? (if any)

Andrea
09-25-2007, 12:01 PM
The CS2/3 class would be the most helpful for you. Photoshop CS2 is really Photoshop version 9.0. So, many features will be the same, but there have been some features added in the newer versions. Out of the available classes, the CS2/3 class is the one that would be the most beneficial to you as long as you know that we might go over some options that are not available in 7.0.

Hope this helps! :)

Andrea

I know, I know, there are no stupid questions, but still......

I use Photoshop 7.0, what class could I take ??? (if any)

Monica Inspired
09-25-2007, 12:16 PM
I was absolutely thrilled when I got my email announcing these classes. I bought PSCS3 two months ago and did a basic lesson from another scrapbooking site and was thoroughly disappointed at the incompleteness. I haven't touched my photoshop since.
PSCS3 is not a program that I can learn on my own - unlike the Scrapbook Factory Deluxe basic prog. that I've been using for some time. PS is very complex, as it should be costing me nearly 600 but is well worth the cost as I would dearly like to become a designer.
Due to FMS I've retired from nursing and also paper crafting but have found digiscrapping, digicards, and DATCs this year. I now want to design all the elements needed for these, not only for myself but also for others. I'd really like to design for a site such as Go Digital and intend to work wholeheartedly towards that end.
I look forward to getting started and meeting fellow 'undergrads'. I hope to get to know you folks in class!! Hugs. :) Mo

mosser77
09-25-2007, 12:51 PM
Welcome to GDS, Moncia!!

Mom_of_5
09-25-2007, 07:23 PM
Which version of PSE will be used for the class? I took a class at another site and was EXTREMELY disappointed. The lessons were written for PSE 2/3 and modified with little added notes for 4 and did not address 5 AT ALL. In fact, the instructor stated her distaste for some of the changes with 5 in one of the class forums. It was an ABSOLUTE waste of money!

So, I bought a book that I haven't opened yet cuz it's too easy to continue using DIP10 since I already know it.

I have PSE5. Also have PSCS2 -- which scared the heck out of me & I've never opened it back up again.

schneeflocke
09-26-2007, 04:24 AM
I have PS 7.0, can I participate in CS2/3 with this program?

HollyS
09-26-2007, 12:36 PM
Hi ladies, Andrea and Amy will be on shortly to answer your questions :)

amyleigh1204
09-26-2007, 01:01 PM
Which version of PSE will be used for the class? I took a class at another site and was EXTREMELY disappointed. The lessons were written for PSE 2/3 and modified with little added notes for 4 and did not address 5 AT ALL. In fact, the instructor stated her distaste for some of the changes with 5 in one of the class forums. It was an ABSOLUTE waste of money!

So, I bought a book that I haven't opened yet cuz it's too easy to continue using DIP10 since I already know it.

I have PSE5. Also have PSCS2 -- which scared the heck out of me & I've never opened it back up again.

Hi! I will be teaching the class using PSE5, but, I also have 4. I think I will be able to help you out in learning your way around 5, so that you will feel you are getting the most out of your program.

I hope this helps!

Andrea
09-27-2007, 10:21 AM
I have PS 7.0, can I participate in CS2/3 with this program?

Hi! Yes, you can participate, but be aware that there are some new features in the newer versions of Photoshop that we will be covering. The basics are the same. As long as you know that you might not find all of the same feature, the class should still be beneficial to you.

Hope this helps!

Andrea
09-27-2007, 10:22 AM
Wow, I can tell you that my tutorials are very extensive! But, here you are buying more than just tutorials...you get can ask me questions and I will help you through everything! :)

I was absolutely thrilled when I got my email announcing these classes. I bought PSCS3 two months ago and did a basic lesson from another scrapbooking site and was thoroughly disappointed at the incompleteness. I haven't touched my photoshop since.
PSCS3 is not a program that I can learn on my own - unlike the Scrapbook Factory Deluxe basic prog. that I've been using for some time. PS is very complex, as it should be costing me nearly 600 but is well worth the cost as I would dearly like to become a designer.
Due to FMS I've retired from nursing and also paper crafting but have found digiscrapping, digicards, and DATCs this year. I now want to design all the elements needed for these, not only for myself but also for others. I'd really like to design for a site such as Go Digital and intend to work wholeheartedly towards that end.
I look forward to getting started and meeting fellow 'undergrads'. I hope to get to know you folks in class!! Hugs. :) Mo

rachnmaddie
09-27-2007, 12:22 PM
I currently use Scrapbook Max, and I have owned PSE4 for about a year and a half. I have been sooooo wanting to learn, and I am so excited that this course is available. I just purchased the class, but I have a few questions.

Will I have any problems since you are using PSE5, and I have PSE4? Can you tell me when it will begin, and how the classes will take place. Chat session? Online tutorials?

Thank you so much for the info and I am sorry if you have already addressed these questions and I missed it.
Rachel:gogo:

amyleigh1204
09-27-2007, 12:48 PM
Hi, Rachel and welcome to GDS!!

You should not have any problems using PSE 4 with this class. I own PSE 4, as well, and if necessary, I can show 4 when needed. The class will begin with emails, and assignments to be followed up with chats, if necessary. There will be a forum for you to post your assignments in to get help and constructive criticism. I will recommend using Hello as a tool for getting additional help, as well. I am on Hello and you can do screen shots very easily in this program and will be invaluable in getting the individual assistance.

The classes begin 10-1.

I hope this helps and I hope to see you in class!

rachnmaddie
09-27-2007, 02:09 PM
Thank you so much for your quick and thorough response. I can't wait !:balloons:

MaggieMae
09-27-2007, 08:56 PM
I've signed up, too. I have a dumb question, but what is Hello? I'm so excited to finally get a chance to learn this program!!

amyleigh1204
09-28-2007, 12:37 PM
Julie,
Hello is an instant messaging program that may be useful in some one on one tutoring, and additional assistance. It will not be necessary for the course, just possibly helpful.

KattyZak
09-28-2007, 02:47 PM
I'm stronly considering this, Amy. Do you think it will be to beginner for me? Also, does this apply to the fall collab kit?
Thanks.

Gottahaveart
09-28-2007, 05:31 PM
After you purchase, When & How do these classes start...

amyleigh1204
09-28-2007, 07:24 PM
After you purchase, When & How do these classes start...

The classes will begin on 10-1, and will primarily take place via email, comments in the gallery, possibly chats, and IM, if you have it.

Brigette
09-29-2007, 03:42 AM
Very interested in classes!! New to all this, and want to start!!! Please send me information on when they will start and what's going to be covered!! Thank you!

amysum1
09-29-2007, 04:28 AM
[I have PSE5. Also have PSCS2 -- which scared the heck out of me & I've never opened it back up again.]

I'm right with you, I opened PSPCS2 and then immediately uninstalled it...too scary! I am comfortable with PSE5. I think I'll take that class first and then reinstall PSP and then take that class. Baby steps... LOL

Mom_of_5
09-29-2007, 07:41 AM
I'm right with you, I opened PSPCS2 and then immediately uninstalled it...too scary! I am comfortable with PSE5. I think I'll take that class first and then reinstall PSP and then take that class. Baby steps... LOL

Yes, baby steps, definitely the way to go! :wink: