PDA

View Full Version : New FREE Actions Styles Patterns Text Effects

Helen
09-20-2007, 10:50 AM
Hi everyone, just got my newsletter update from FinesseFx site....

If you use Photoshop - the Finesse.FX site has just updated their online site and they have added several new FREE actions, styles, patterns, text effects, brushes, and contours.

Their new GRUNGE Text effect is awesome! And a NEW Leaves Style set that includes 12 free photoshop styles of fall leaves - cool!

Here's the link to their site - where almost all of the stuff is free.

Great tools here for use in your layouts!

http://www.finessefx.com/downloads.php

amysum1
09-20-2007, 11:21 AM
Thanks Helen! I use PSE but I'm gonna check it out anyways!

emst
09-20-2007, 12:09 PM
Thanks Helen, I'm going to keep the link but I don't have CS, maybe I can get it for my big 60 birthday in December.

Antje
09-20-2007, 12:12 PM
I will definitely check that out - using PS CS2, that should work. Thanks for letting us know!

mosser77
09-20-2007, 12:16 PM
Thanks Helen! I use PSE but I'm gonna check it out anyways!

Hey Amy,
I use PSE too and found this on their FAQ's:

Q: Are the downloads compatible with Photoshop Elements?
A: Yes and no. To my knowledge, the styles, brushes, and contours should be compatible with Elements (but I have not tested this, as I do not have a copy of Elements). The actions, however, are a little trickier. Please keep in mind that I have not created the actions for PS Elements, but for the full version of Photoshop. However, from what I have seen, most of the actions can probably be used in Elements, with a bit of work. I won't go into details, but rather will direct you to this link for more information and instructions on the topic.

Sounds like it would be worth a shot!

lillypug34
09-20-2007, 01:16 PM
Thanks for sharing Helen! Learning about sites like this is like waking up on Christmas morning! The Grunge action IS really neat and I also like Graffiti!

Helen
09-20-2007, 01:34 PM
Thanks for sharing Helen! Learning about sites like this is like waking up on Christmas morning! The Grunge action IS really neat and I also like Graffiti!

:laugh::laugh:

I know exactly what you mean - when I got my newsletter and went to the site to check out their new look and new stuff - it was just like getting a christmas present on christmas morning - I just LOVE playing with new stuff.

Thanks Erin for the info on the site - everything should work on PSE, and the actions might work on PSE - with or without some tweaking. Will check into that next week - I'm working on getting my magazine done and will be back full swing next week here at GDS.

I just hate it when outside stuff interferes with my digi stuff. :laugh::laugh:

KattyZak
09-20-2007, 02:43 PM
Thanks Helen for the link...I am going to go check it out now.
I still haven't tried brushes yet. I so need to do that.

crops2dawn
09-20-2007, 03:55 PM
Thanks Alot Helen!!! I will check that out for sure! Today I just made my first brush, Ohhhhh I am sooo excited! :biggrin:LOL Its a ferris wheel, if anyone wants it, I'd be happy to send it to ya, just PM me. Its in the my gallery for the September swap. Now I gotta see whats on this site. Thanks Again!!!!!

ScrapShana
09-20-2007, 04:45 PM
Thanks for the site link....just wish I had CS. Anyone know of a site where you can buy the program used maybe?

Helen
09-20-2007, 07:26 PM
Also, forgot to mention that on this site - there is a LINKS section that will take you to some of the very best sites with free stuff for Photoshop and PSE.

Some sites do offer PSE stuff too - will keep my eyes open when I'm browsing my photoshop sites for stuff for all software -

babyofmine
09-20-2007, 08:05 PM
super fun stuff! :D thanks for the tips.