PDA

View Full Version : Printers!

Rebecca
09-08-2006, 09:28 AM
If you got one fess up what kind, what brand, and what do you use it for scrapping wise?

Debra
09-09-2006, 11:55 AM
Epson Stylus Photo 1280... bought just so I could print my 12 x 12..it's ok.. I know there's better out there and this one has a hard time with the paper feeding part... but I also use the Epson paper and the print quality is awesome!

Rebecca
09-09-2006, 03:39 PM
Wow I just looked it up, whish I had known about it when I bought my large format. I got the HP 8750 which I love but it was sooo expensive (yay for tax returns). It is disgusting in this house total there are 4 photo printers and 2 inkjets. Just slightly geeky here.

Xaria
09-11-2006, 05:33 PM
Wow I just looked it up, whish I had known about it when I bought my large format. I got the HP 8750 which I love but it was sooo expensive (yay for tax returns). It is disgusting in this house total there are 4 photo printers and 2 inkjets. Just slightly geeky here.

I know that feeling. We have my ip3000 for my photo / cd printing, the A3 colour laser and the old epsom 700. Somewhere in the spare room is a couple of dot matrix printers, but I am trally scared of the spare room, so I'm not going in there to check.

twirlyjoy
09-23-2006, 11:15 AM
I have an epson stylus photo r320 and I love it! It doesn't print 12 x 12, but the quality i love

bdjeepers
05-22-2007, 11:44 AM
I have a Canon i850 photo printer. It does up to 8.5 x 11, or anything smaller. The quality is wonderful, but it is getting a little age-y. I've used it so much I had to replace a print head once, and it'll stay on my desk until it wears out. When I replace it, I'm going to look at Epsons, though, because I have been told that their prints are waterproof! Hey - I live in hurricane country! LOL!

precious
01-21-2008, 08:32 PM
If you got one fess up what kind, what brand, and what do you use it for scrapping wise?

i dont trust home printers...I print all my work at profecional printing place (NOT walmart eather). Eather at Mpix.com or PhotoStore where I live. Mpix is great - Alen Mills (spelling?) photostudio print their photos there. Even a good home printer cant be compared to profecinal line printer. So i dont see a reason to invest in ink and paper and printer itself when i can just send my photos to profecianl photo lab. It turns even cheaper money wise.

Sexy__Eyes
03-02-2008, 09:19 AM
I just bought an Epson Stylus 1900 straight from Epson....AWESOME prints!

Debra
03-02-2008, 09:52 AM
Congrats Liz!!! Nothing like having your layouts in actual print! Isn't it amazing... :party1:

tweederbug
03-02-2008, 04:21 PM
I don't have a printer. I send all my layouts to a company and they print them out. I do get alot of pictures printed at Walmart but now I have been doing some of my photo shoots for others and getting them through MPix also.

Mom_of_5
03-02-2008, 04:44 PM
I have a Canon i850 photo printer. It does up to 8.5 x 11, or anything smaller. The quality is wonderful, but it is getting a little age-y. I've used it so much I had to replace a print head once, and it'll stay on my desk until it wears out. When I replace it, I'm going to look at Epsons, though, because I have been told that their prints are waterproof! Hey - I live in hurricane country! LOL!

I tested the 'waterproof'-ability of my Epson prints. I printed signs for the boys bikes for a pirate parade then took one of them, stapled it to a stick, stuck in the ground in front of our house and left it there for 10 days. I was amazed! The paper became tattered, but through rain & wind, the colors did not run!

I have an Epson Stylus CX7800 for 8.5x11 or smaller. I use a Canon S9000 for 12 x 12. We also have a Canon iP5000 and a HP Deskjet 950C. In the basement there are 2 or 3 others, but they are under the spiderwebs and I'm not going near them!

precious
03-17-2008, 10:54 AM
I don't have a printer. I send all my layouts to a company and they print them out. I do get alot of pictures printed at Walmart but now I have been doing some of my photo shoots for others and getting them through MPix also.

i think thats the WAY TO GO! Walmart is doing horible job (at least in my walmart). Gives me goose bums when i go to pick it up. Never again! Mpix is the good place to print them.

babyofmine
03-18-2008, 07:53 AM
The GDS printing is lovely! Well, I admit I haven't had any printed here yet, but I only hear good things about GDS printig. :D

I have an HP printer, but I've never printed any pictures with it. :laugh:

WenRob
03-18-2008, 09:46 AM
^^^^^
I have had 16 LO's done so far and the quality is EXCELLENT. I am super picky when it comes to printing and pics so you can take that to the bank. And shipping is the same no matter how many you order.

Doro
03-18-2008, 01:07 PM
I have a normal Photo Printer von Canon (MP610)!
For smaller Layouts perfect. The Quality is awesome (with the best Paper, *lol*)
Bigger Layouts i send to a professional Photo company.

I order anyway always whole photo books!:wink: