PDA

View Full Version : Let's Find out again... What program??

Debra
09-16-2007, 11:53 AM
It's been so long since we talked digi-scrapping programs, I just wondered whether everyone's done like I have an upgraded or still using the same program that they find to be tried and true?

So... I'll go first :biggrin:

I started out with PSE v.4 -- Loved it... Still love it but had to delete it in order to force myself to move along to CS2. I'm using that now full time and loving it too...

So what about you? What are you using to scrap your layouts? :popcorn:

gigichet
09-16-2007, 12:33 PM
I started out in Microsoft Power Point and I love it---I was very limited as to what I could do but I loved it. My husband bought me PSE5 for Christmas and I was terrified of using it. But alas my free trial of Power Point ran out and I started using the PSE5---I LOVE IT... I have a lot to learn but this is a great program.

Laurel
09-16-2007, 12:38 PM
I started out in Microsoft Power Point and I love it---I was very limited as to what I could do but I loved it. My husband bought me PSE5 for Christmas and I was terrified of using it. But alas my free trial of Power Point ran out and I started using the PSE5---I LOVE IT... I have a lot to learn but this is a great program.

Me too got it for Christmas, turned it on and then was suddenly scared =) I have been becoming more and more familiar with it through books and tutorials. I have only been digi scrapping since March or April of this year. There is still a lot I need to learn =):D

KattyZak
09-16-2007, 12:53 PM
I had PSE2 for 3 years but didn't really get into it. When I was considering doing digi I I bought it the day after Thanksgiving for 50.00 =]
It actually took me until April until I could jump the hurdle and create my 1st layout. Still rather at the beginning stages but it amazes me what I have learned from the days of complete bewilderment.

twirlyjoy
09-16-2007, 12:57 PM
I started out with PSP9, then upgraded to PSPX, but didn't bother with the PSPX1 upgrade. Have downloaded the trial of PSPX2 and am hoping to find time to try it out b4 my 30 day trial is up to decide whether it is worth the upgrade or not!

I also have PSCS but very rarely use it - I only use it when I am designing and as that hasn't happened for a while, it hasn't been used for a while!!

Marianne
09-16-2007, 03:51 PM
I'm using photoshp CS2.
And I just got CS3, through the classes I am taking on the university. So maby later I will start scrapping in that one instead.

Debra
09-16-2007, 04:41 PM
I'm using photoshp CS2.
And I just got CS3, through the classes I am taking on the university. So maby later I will start scrapping in that one instead.

Hi Marianne...what kind of classes are you taking where they give you CS3 ?? :eek1

Pahina722
09-16-2007, 05:14 PM
I first bought PSP 8 three years ago when I first got into scrapbooking but never really understood it, took the time to learn it, or did anything with it. In February, I downloaded the trial of PSE 5.0 and haven't looked back.

Waterdog
09-16-2007, 05:25 PM
I love freebies, so I use The GIMP. I d/led a free trial of PSP a few months ago, but I had no idea how to use it. I knew I wouldn't be buying it, so I didn't waste much time on tuts to try to learn it.

lillypug34
09-16-2007, 05:32 PM
I am a CS2 junkie. I was sooo intimidated by it at first, but it wasn't as difficult to learn the basics as I thought it would be. Still have lots to learn tho... maybe I should take a course where they'll give me CS3 for free!!!

wildstorm
09-16-2007, 09:52 PM
I use scrapbookmax but use photoshop CS2 at work. Some times I take things into PS2 turn them into png and then import them back into scrapbookmax to use. PS2 is great for photo restorations which is what I do a lot of at work.

Marianne
09-16-2007, 10:24 PM
Hi Marianne...what kind of classes are you taking where they give you CS3 ?? :eek1

I'm taking a higher aducation in a class called "visuel comunication" And, I'm learning how to comuicate with pictures. Like making magazins, covers, logos, comersials and so on...
I actually get the hole adobe cs3 packed. It contains, Illustrator, In Design, Dreamvever and more. It's not only the Photoshop program.
I only started a mount ago, and it's a 3 year study. So I have not learned much yet, but it's so fun!

babyofmine
09-16-2007, 11:04 PM
I started with Picture It Express, and loved it! then I figured out I couldn't do shadowing, and didn't love it so much. LOL I got PIP as a gift, and used that, but then was given PSP, and didn't do much with it. I tried Scrapbook Flair and GIMP (both are free programs) but they were hard to learn. Then I won PSE-5 from the greatest scrapbook site on the web (here, silly!) and I LOOOOOOOOVE it!! :D

petitflocondeneige
09-17-2007, 01:11 AM
I love freebies, so I use The GIMP. I d/led a free trial of PSP a few months ago, but I had no idea how to use it. I knew I wouldn't be buying it, so I didn't waste much time on tuts to try to learn it.

Yes!!! I'm not alone!!!

GO GIMP!
http://smileys.sur-la-toile.com/repository/Rires/%212214_EM2.gifhttp://smileys.sur-la-toile.com/repository/Rires/%212214_EM2.gifhttp://smileys.sur-la-toile.com/repository/Rires/%212214_EM2.gifhttp://smileys.sur-la-toile.com/repository/Rires/%212214_EM2.gifhttp://smileys.sur-la-toile.com/repository/Rires/%212214_EM2.gif

inge
09-17-2007, 02:34 AM
I am currently using Photoshop 7.0 but I think my husband bought me CS2 for our 1,5 year anniversary (tomorrow).

Is there a great difference ?

Antje
09-18-2007, 12:24 PM
I started with PS 7 and recently got PS CS2 - and yes, there is a difference, but CS2 is so much nicer to use... :-)

I got PI 12 for my birthday as I find it easier to design with that (yes, I am starting to learn how to do my own papers and elements...). Started with PI 6 and we did not get along too well...

sillyleann
09-18-2007, 02:17 PM
I cannot get away from my tried and true PSP9. I have tried the trial versions of the updates. I like the new PSP X2, but will have to upgrade my computer. :) So, I will be sticking with it for a little while longer.

sibsab
09-18-2007, 06:40 PM
I'm using PS CS3, got it free through work ;-)

Debra
09-18-2007, 07:03 PM
I am currently using Photoshop 7.0 but I think my husband bought me CS2 for our 1,5 year anniversary (tomorrow).

Is there a great difference ?

Happy Anniversary...:biggrin::biggrin:So did you get it..did you get it??:biggrin::biggrin:

Debra
09-18-2007, 07:04 PM
you ladies getting at work are so lucky! I'm jealous.. I bet you get all the updates too!!

petitflocondeneige
09-19-2007, 12:19 AM
rhooooo, I can't believe you are hacking the software from work. Bad girls ;-)

inge
09-19-2007, 03:00 AM
Happy Anniversary...:biggrin::biggrin:So did you get it..did you get it??:biggrin::biggrin:

Thank you Debra !!

And yes I did get it !!*woot

sillyleann
09-21-2007, 03:05 PM
Okay, remember me? I'm the too good for anything but PSP9 girl. Well, lets just say that I am having an affair. I actually tried PSP X2 on a layout. I am hooked. I am in official save my pennies mode. So, in time, I will be upgrading! I cannot wait!!!

anitastreet
09-22-2007, 07:34 PM
I've probably played with all of them through the years...years ago I had Fractal's Painter program..and one of the early versions of Jasc's PSP.. and early version of PictureIt....I've had the old Corel programs...used to love Photo House and used it for quite a bit....I used to play around with designing web graphics and backgrounds...low resolution stuff for webpages...I just found a bunch of my old stuf..it's kind of fun to look back at it now!

now I'm a PSP gal..I'm using PSP8 ... it came with my Dell laptop years ago but I never really used many of the features till I started digital scrapping I have a copy of PSP9 that I've never installed (I don't like change :) haha...and I have the last release of Microsoft's Digital Image Suite(still inthe box!) ..... I also have PSE5, I'm slowly learning it's features.., they both have their advantages... PSE5 tends to use a lot more of my system and the more I use it the slower it gets....PSP runs smoother on my laptop (2Ghz processor with 1GB ram)...I am getting a NEW DELL LAPTOP at the end of the year ..thanks to my husband's employer...they reimburse us for a new system every few years and since he HAS to have a laptop for work that work just bought for him...he said I could have the new one for home..so my laptop will go to the kids and we'll be a 4laptop home! I may see if he can get some good deals on software through work.