PDA

View Full Version : Help Making Quick Page

4man42
09-14-2007, 11:24 AM
I have finally, sorta, learned how to make a quick page. I have a problem if the photo is not the very last thing I put in my page, for instance if I have embellishments on the frame that should be in front of the photo. When I delete the photo, the transparent layer it leaves for the photo is on top of the embellishments. What am I doing wrong?

ABitDaffy
09-14-2007, 11:58 AM
Hi! What program are you using? That will help us figure out how best to help you!

4man42
09-14-2007, 12:08 PM
Sorryabout that--I'm using PSE 5.

tborntreger
09-14-2007, 12:17 PM
Make sure your layers are all in the right order. I use the marque tool and draw the square or circle around the part that i want to cut out to make transparent, then I choose the layer I want to get rid of and hit delete. I keep choosing different layers until I get the desired affect. All your elements should not be deleted if you are choosing the correct layers to that you want to "punch out" into the trasparent layer... I don't know if this makes any sense how I've explained it.. Daffy jump in here and bail me out. LOL

4man42
09-14-2007, 12:58 PM
Your explanation does make sense. I just finished trying that, and it will work for me. The way I had been selecting the photo to delete was to hit ctrl on the icon photo in the palette bin.

Thanks for helping me out here--don't know what I'd do without all of the help I find here.

Shirley

tborntreger
09-14-2007, 01:10 PM
Super~I'm glad I was able to help. I use PSE5 and CS2 so If you need any more help let me know!! Have a great weekend!