PDA

View Full Version : I Could Cry

ABitDaffy
09-10-2007, 09:38 AM
Okay, I consider myself pretty diligent about backing up my scrapping supplies - I keep all my zip files stored on a separate drive and then I back up the unzipped files onto an external EHD once a week. So, technically, I guess I'm triple covered against losing anything. So, today, I was doing my weekly thing where I move my zip files to the external drive. I was working on my GoDigitalScrapbooking directory - moving all my goodies that I bought last week. Well, the zips moved fine and then I deleted the zips off of my C drive like always. At least I thought that's what I was doing - what I acutally did was delete my whole GDS directory. Which, in most instances wouldn't be a big deal - I've got two backups remember - I have the zips of everything I bought last week. But, I was trying out the new multi unzip application (great, great toy by the way) so I put all the Birthday Bash Scavenger Hunts in a separate directory under my main GDS directory and didn't move them and I haven't done my weekly unzipped backup, so I lost all my Birthday Bash files!:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry: Guess my little foolproof plan isn't so foolproof!!

petitflocondeneige
09-10-2007, 09:51 AM
I understand how you must feel! I'm sure the team will be able to do something for you!

babyofmine
09-10-2007, 10:09 AM
ouch! My mom lost about 15 gigs of info once, when she burned a bunch of stuff onto CD and then deleted everything off her hard drive (this was before the EHD)...turned out that NONE of the CDs "took" and she lost all of her info. All of the stores she had purchased from were really good with working with her, but with designers retiring, etc... she still wasn't able to get everything back.
My bookmarks aren't the same as your files, but I do know the pain of not backing up. :\

Helen
09-10-2007, 10:21 AM
HUGS!!!!!!!!! I hate it when I do this - yes even me.

Have you checked your recycle bin - maybe they are still in there - if you have not emptied that yet.

If so - what files did you lose - I'm sure we can all figure something out - by birthday bash files - do you mean the scavenger hunt files? challenge files? stuff you bought during the bb?

Debra
09-10-2007, 10:30 AM
Oh my.. you poor thing.. I'm sure we can work something out for you...so no worries!

ABitDaffy
09-10-2007, 10:35 AM
Just the scavenger hunt files - I've got my challenge zips and everything I bought...I just lost the 35 zips with those beautiful birthday goodies!

lizziej
09-11-2007, 12:00 PM
Oh, no!! Okay - maybe this will make you feel better. At least it wasn't precious photos!!! The DH of a friend of mine accidentally deleted all her photos!!