PDA

View Full Version : Program Question?

justkori
09-02-2007, 11:23 AM
I have both Photoshop CS2 and Corel PSP X on my computer. I'm a little more familiar with Photoshop CS2 with the tools, but becoming more familiar with PSP X .. I've heard the PS Elements is easier to use for digital scrapbooking? Is there any truth to this or is it more a matter of comfort?

twirlyjoy
09-02-2007, 12:12 PM
This is a tricky question which everyone has their own opinion on!!! I use pspx an absolutely love it. I also have pscs but don't use it, unless i want to run a particular action! As far as PSE goes, there is not much difference between it and PSP, so if you are happy with using PSP, then I would stick with it - pse doesn't do much more than psp in my opinion.

I guess if you really wanted to try out pse, you could downlaod the 30 day trial, and have a play with it to see what you think :)

HTH :)

justkori
09-02-2007, 12:27 PM
That's what I use CS2 mostly for.. actions. Hmm, I didn't know that about PSE, .. I think, for now, I'll just go with what I know :) Thank you for your reply!

Andrea
09-03-2007, 11:41 AM
CS2 will give you more variety in what you can do with your layouts. If you have CS2, I would suggest using it. It really is the best out of the bunch. There are a lot of actions out there that are for CS2 also and fewer for PSE.

HollyS
09-03-2007, 04:39 PM
And for what it's worth...PSE doesn't do text on a path :(

mosser77
09-03-2007, 05:02 PM
And for what it's worth...PSE doesn't do text on a path :(

But Andrea does (http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_dnld_info&products_id=817) :wink:

justkori
09-03-2007, 10:19 PM
Thanks for the advice :) I think, what I'll try for now, is doing a layout in PSP and one in PS CS2, just to see what works best for me.. then, I'll go look for more tutorials, lol

twirlyjoy
09-03-2007, 11:35 PM
Just to add that my opinion was for a scrapper and not a designer! I know that PSCS has a lot more to offer to someone who is designing (although it is perfectly possible to design using PSP, cos I did and I know lots of other people do!!), but for general scrapbooking, PSP is more than adequate.

justkori
09-03-2007, 11:39 PM
I'm going to play with both :) I'm familiar with them equally (if that made sense) and while I can do a simple layout? Designing, there is no way I'm ready, lol.

nikkiana
02-10-2008, 01:23 PM
I think the reason why PSE is recommended so much is because it's less expensive than buying CS2 or CS3..... More or less, PSE is a "for home use" version of photoshop, and when people are looking at getting into digiscrapping for the first time, it's eaiser for people to stomach the $99.99 cost of PSE compared to the $649 cost of CS3. If you already have CS2 and/or PSP, that's probably better than PSE in the longrun.

inge
02-11-2008, 06:03 AM
I have a little question...please tell me if I should open a new tread !

Me and my partner (Mag Henrey) are ready to kick some ass in the Amazing Digi Scrap Race. I'm scrapping with CS2, she has Elements...

If we need to work 'together' is there anyway to accomplish this ?

If not we could always download a trialversion but it will be completely new for me...

amyleigh1204
02-11-2008, 07:26 AM
I have a little question...please tell me if I should open a new tread !

Me and my partner (Mag Henrey) are ready to kick some ass in the Amazing Digi Scrap Race. I'm scrapping with CS2, she has Elements...

If we need to work 'together' is there anyway to accomplish this ?

If not we could always download a trialversion but it will be completely new for me...

Inge--

You guys should have no problem working "together". CS is the same 'basic' program as PSE, with a whole bunch of extra stuff. PSE just doesn't have as many options with many of the tools, you can't use paths or channels, etc. If you run into any problems just PM me and I can probably help you out!

inge
02-12-2008, 02:36 AM
Thanks for your respons AmyLeigh ! So we should be able to open eachother's work with or own program without having to save in a special way (without losing the layers ) ?