PDA

View Full Version : Holiday weekend plans

KattyZak
08-29-2007, 07:10 PM
I say bring it on...the holiday weekend, I am so ready to get away. How about you?
We haven't been able to get to the lake for 3 weeks because of summer theater production and soccer, but we are heading out tomorrow night after soccer games and I am so ready. And here in Minnesota, we typically have the best summer weather in August, but not this year, after experiencing serious drought like weather, the skies have opened up and we have had a record amount of rain this month...seriously. But forecast says the rains are over. I so want to bask in the sun this weekend which for us is like the last hurrah of summer with the kids going back to school on Tues.

HollyS
08-30-2007, 08:40 AM
Well, hope you have fun at the lake! Sounds like it will be...

We're taking our boys to Disney. My hubby's parents participate in the Disney Vacation Club so they take their kids families a couple times a year. It's always a blast especially since our youngest son now likes to ride a lot of the more fun rides. Of course, in the meantime, have lots to do to get ready for our Big Birthday Bash!!!!

KattyZak
08-30-2007, 07:02 PM
Never been to Disney...how fun for you to be so close.
We are at the lake =]
My internet connection is being gay. I can pull up AIM & Hello, a sudoku site and this site, but nothing else...can't even open up my mail...so strange.

babyofmine
08-30-2007, 07:18 PM
Katty, I think the more PC term would be "dumb" but I had to LOL at your term. :D

We are headed for....nowhere! :laugh: I had forgotten it was a holiday. it means DH will probably be home... yep, I have no idea what we're going to do, we haven't made any plans.

PS. It's a good thing you told me now, or I would have tried to take my kid to school on Monday morning. :eek1:twitcy:

KattyZak
08-30-2007, 08:10 PM
can you tell I have teenagers...this is a word of choice lately...they are constantly telling me that I am gay, and I say yep, I am very happy. You can about imagine the other word of choice lately.....lets just say, I reply with yes I am a sabien.
KIDS!
Did I mention they are back in school on Tues?

CJsMom
08-31-2007, 07:03 AM
I am headed for Disney on Sunday. Cool that you are going to be there too Holly. I am ready for a well deserved and needed vacation. We are all so excited about getting to go on this trip.

yin
08-31-2007, 08:48 AM
We are having a one week school break next week!! But no plans as it is too short, and my older one has training every day for his Chess tournament on friday. I have to work too, but it's still nice to have a break.

Talking about Disney, we'll be up there in Orlando this december!!! We'll be coming halfway round the world for it, as I'm visiting my brother who is living in Washington DC. We can't wait!!!

Maisie
09-02-2007, 11:05 AM
Hi!
We did a yard sale yesterday!! It was so not worth it!!! All that work gathering, pricing, setting up and taking down, and all we made was 50.00. I got sunburned to boot!! That's suppose to be my vacation money, when I go to the beach in a week. It's not going to last long!!! LOL!!! Not with all three granchildren there to spoil!
Today I'm just checking my boards while the husband is at a football fantasty draft.
Tomorrow I plan on sanding and painting an antique dresser.
Sounds like so much fun, huh??? LOL

Pahina722
09-03-2007, 04:36 PM
We got back from North Carolina early this afternoon--after leaving REALLY early. When we drove up on Friday, we were making good time, until we got about 10 miles south of Atlanta's airport, at which point, we were lucky to make 20 miles an hour all the way through Atlanta! What should have been a 7-hour trip (as it was today) took 9 on Friday. We were sooooo ready to get into the mountains and just relax by the time we got there! But NC itself was gorgeous. If anyone out there is from the Franklin area---wow---do you live in a beautiful place!