PDA

View Full Version : Hey everyone!!

Maisie
08-27-2007, 10:51 PM
I'm back!!!

Sorry I've been absent lately.

Between taking Nick to college, having some health issues, and now looking for a job... I've been trying to get caught up on all my CT's.

Nick is doing remarkably well in college. I really thought he'd be a mess, missing us, but he's just fine! Go figure... all that worring for nothing!

Can say how weird it is, just the husband and me??? We've never been alone! LOL

twirlyjoy
08-27-2007, 11:53 PM
Had missed you!!!! great to hear Nick is doing ok!!

gigichet
08-28-2007, 07:41 AM
Glad to see you back...we missed you. Good to hear that Nick is okay at college. Now it is time to take care of YOU...

I know what you mean about the empty nest thing--it is soooooo...hard to learn to cook for only 2 and the house to be so quiet and about the time that you get used to it---he will be home for the holidays...

{{{{{hugs to you}}}}}
Gwen

Maisie
08-28-2007, 09:25 AM
Thanks ladies!
It's good to be back here!
Missed you all!!

Victoria32
08-28-2007, 01:45 PM
Hope all is getting better for you now. Best of luck.

babyofmine
08-28-2007, 02:30 PM
have you seen the movie Failure to Launch? for some reason, when you said "we have never been alone" all I could think about was the dad's Nekkid Room. :laugh:
I'm glad he's doing well. As they said when I took my son to Kindergarten, it's always harder on the parents than on the kids. :D

Debra
08-28-2007, 03:25 PM
My Mary! I just did the same thing getting Kristin back to college... If your Nick is anything like mine, he'll be back more than you can imagine... Last year was Kristin's first year and between our going back out to see her for the "Family weekend" the end of September and then all the holidays... Well heck, I saw her every month!

Not that it makes it any easier though... Big Hugs!! And good to see you back around :)

ABitDaffy
08-28-2007, 05:08 PM
Mary, glad you're back! I hope that you're feeling better and that the job search is going well - I'm so glad to hear that Nick is enjoying college!

Maisie
08-28-2007, 10:29 PM
Baby,
Nope can't say I ever seen this movie! I'll have to rent it and watch! LOL

have you seen the movie Failure to Launch? for some reason, when you said "we have never been alone" all I could think about was the dad's Nekkid Room. :laugh:
I'm glad he's doing well. As they said when I took my son to Kindergarten, it's always harder on the parents than on the kids. :D

Maisie
08-28-2007, 10:32 PM
Debra,
He is doing so well. I don't even talk to him everyday. (I thought he would be calling everyday! Just when he has a problem he wants me to solve. go figure... lol)
How far away is Kristin?? Nick is about 5 hours away, so it's no quick trip for us. Although he does have a 3 day weekend in the beginning of Oct., he wants to come home for. What a long drive that'll be. 5 hours down, and then, turn around and 5 hours back!!!

My Mary! I just did the same thing getting Kristin back to college... If your Nick is anything like mine, he'll be back more than you can imagine... Last year was Kristin's first year and between our going back out to see her for the "Family weekend" the end of September and then all the holidays... Well heck, I saw her every month!

Not that it makes it any easier though... Big Hugs!! And good to see you back around :)

Maisie
08-28-2007, 10:34 PM
Thanks for the get well wishes, ladies!
Ugh!! hate job hunting!!!

yin
08-29-2007, 08:36 AM
Dear Mary! Glad you're taking it with a good dose of humour :) I can't imagine yet, but it must be strange with no kids in the house ! ( a huge understatement!) You're looking for a job? What kind? All the best on that front!