PDA

View Full Version : He's gone...

Maisie
08-18-2007, 01:00 PM
Well, Nick is gone. We took him down to VA Tech on Thursday.

I did fine until we had to leave. I was crying so hard on the way home.:cry:

I know I am over reacting, it's not like I'll never see him again. But I won't see him everyday.

And it's his first step to independence. Not needing ol' Mom anymore.

So there is a heaviness in my heart. I hope it fades away soon. I don't like it.
I really had to force myself do some layouts. Especially my ADSR page.

Was anyone else this bad??? My girlfriend was so happy when her son went away to college. Is it just me???

Helen
08-18-2007, 01:06 PM
HUGS!!!!!!!!!!! keep busy and you'll get through it - everyone goes through this - so you're not alone.

it's tough seeing them go off on their own - a phase of parenting - but he'll come home again - with his dirty laundry for you to wash, etc -

hang in there - it gets a little easier every time he goes back to college or leaves - but yes the first time is rough!

HUGS!!!!!!!!

gigichet
08-18-2007, 01:58 PM
{{{{{HUGS}}}}} to you...I know that this is hard. I have been there and I like you cried forever when we left my son at school for the first time. It was so hard to drive away and leave him behind. So I know what you are going through so just hang in there it will get better.

As Helen said keep yourself busy and he will be home for the holidays before you know it. And I am sure that he will call home every chance that he gets. Just wait till he comes home with all of his laundry for that first time--you will love it...

Gwen/gigichet

lillypug34
08-18-2007, 03:49 PM
My kids are only 23 months and 7 months, but I can't stand to be away from them for even 5 minutes! My mom had a really tough time when us 3 kids went to college, I remember her SOBBING everytime she had to leave me at school. My sister and I both went to school in VA and my parents live in CT, so it was quite a distance.

If this makes you feel any better, my sister now lives 20 minutes away from my parents, I live 15 minutes away, and my brother lives right around the corner from me. We all spread out for a few years, but we all came right back! He's lucky to have a mom that cares as much as you ...

bdjeepers
08-18-2007, 04:37 PM
It'll pass. You'll know when that has happened when you start thinking of ways to turn his room into space for yourself! OMG - my youngest thought we had a revolving door, and he didn't leave for the last time until he was 30, so it can be worse! I'm going to have to teach them all that I don't run Vacation Haven Central or run a fast-food restaurant, and to get used to the idea that Mom and Dad don't operate a bank, and WE now go to visit THEM!

AHHHHH - peace and quiet at last. It's MY turn, and I love it!

twirlyjoy
08-19-2007, 12:03 AM
aaawwww I am so sorry - I dread to think what I will be like when mine go away! I am bad enough when mine go back to school in the same town we live in!! I know I will be bad when Emi starts secondary school and Lucie starts Junior school in a couple of weeks!!

emst
08-19-2007, 03:12 AM
My oldest now is 35 and I cried at least an hour when we left her at college. You should have seen me her Junior year of college when she was chosen to go to the University of Madrid for two semesters and I didn't see her for 10 months. I knew it was a fantastic opportunity for her but that didn't help me. Then my youngest daughter who's now 32 went to college and lived home but then dropped out after a year and enlisted in the Army, that was a huge shock. It's worse with her because I only see her now twice a year, when she got out of the army she was married and stayed in Texas. It gets better and those visits are so super special.

yin
08-19-2007, 04:04 AM
Oh, Mary, my heart goes out to you! I know it won't happen to me for another 8 years or so (oh no! that soon??) but it's scary for me to think about it. In Singapore the boys go away to the army for 2 and a half years before they can go to university. I know no matter how much I prepare for that day, it will be tough and a shock! He's blessed to have you as momma!

HollyS
08-20-2007, 02:02 AM
Awwww. This phase will pass and you'll be alright.. Deb is just today driving her oldest daughter back to college for her 2nd year. I know last year was tough on her and hates it when she's gone. I can't imagine what it will be like when my boys go....the years are flying and it will only be a matter of time.

Hang in there....and do lots of scrapping....I bet your creative and journalling juice are flowing!

inge
08-20-2007, 02:12 AM
Big hug !!!!!

ABitDaffy
08-20-2007, 04:19 AM
Mary, I thought about you on Thursday! I don't even want to think about leaving the girls at kindergarten, much less college. I hope you're feeling much better today - and just think, fall break will be here before you know it!