PDA

View Full Version : How far behind are you in your digiscrapping???

Andrea
08-14-2007, 06:51 AM
Is anyone else out there so far behind in their scrapbooking that it seems hopeless? Here's how bad it is for me:

10 year old: 4 years of pictures to scrap of him!
8 year old: 3 years of pictures to scrap of her!
4 year old: 2 years of pictures to scrap of her!
2 year old: 2 years of pictures to scrap of him!
Family album: 5 years of pictures to scrap!

Pretty bad, isn't it! I'm making a goal to get caught up before my baby is born...that gives me until January! Anyone else this far behind? :laugh:

tborntreger
08-14-2007, 07:04 AM
WOW Andrea, Congratulations!!!! Yes I'm really far behind tooooo... I don't have my scanner hooked up so I probably won't get caught up on anything pre digital camera! So that means I have a good 3 years worth of stuff readily available to scrap.....we need more hours in our day!! It's almost like we need to challenge each other! LOL

Coolscrapbook
08-14-2007, 07:37 AM
I got lucky and got my digital camera about 4 years ago, and have most of my current photos on CD's and almost all scrapped (only the ones I decided to scrap of course), however, I did make a really hard decision to NOT digi scrap all the non-digital photos and leave them as is unless they are just a timeless perfect piece of photo art that just must be scrapped.

I also kind of gave up on paper scrapping for a little bit as we all know digi scrapping is awfully addicting, and I have NO time for paper scrapping anymore. So all my tools have been tucked away for now, and I'm just working on the current pics that I'm receiving and taking now.

Don't get me wrong, I wish I had the time to scan and scrap all those tons and tons of photos I have in boxes and photo albums, but I think I would end up in the looney house if I do that..... just me... hee hee

Good luck with your marathon digi scrapping, I know you all can do it, you are pros at this stuff.

Addie

IlaMarie
08-14-2007, 08:18 AM
Andrea, congratulations on your new babe:congrats:. How EXCITING for you:)

As to your ?, well I am 52 now, and started when I was 51. I have VERY few family photos available to scrap (digitally), and don't scrap with paper, so usually scrap what public domain images I can find (just cuz I LOVE to scrap things) or whatever personal photos that friends & family are willing to share with me (via email, no scanner). So, realistically (and that isn't necessarily pessimistic), I don't see me getting caught up ever, unless the fabulously unforeseen awesome thing happens (like winning a lottery) before I'm unable. lol

Best wishes with your pregnancy! How fun!

I'm making a goal to get caught up before my baby is born...that gives me until January!

emst
08-14-2007, 08:23 AM
First of all Congratulations Andrea, what great news.
I'm 59 years old so needless to say there wasn't any such thing as a digital camera when my girls were small or as a matter of fact when they got married either. I tell myself every winter that I have to sit down and go through old photos, but now that I've started doing digi scrapping I'll probably be busy for a very very long time once I sort through all the photos I have.

mosser77
08-14-2007, 08:33 AM
Hey! Congratulations!!!!! Sneaky...http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b240/liamsmummy/EB%20resized%20images/pregnancycongratulations.jpg

I'm working on scanning old photos of my DH's grandparents and making some pages for them in honor of their 65th wedding anniversary. I just bought a scanner last week, I'm going to California on Thursday, and the party is Labor Day weekend. I should have started a long time ago, but I didn't. :)

Helen
08-14-2007, 08:51 AM
CONGRATULATIONS Andrea!

Another GDS BABY - WOW!!!!!!!!!!

You know - I was reading on your blog where you had been sickish every once in a while - and I was just wondering if it was because you were expecting!
Now we know!

Well...I'm 55 years old - so I have THOUSANDS of photos to digiscrap.
No one in my family or my husband's family scraps - the girls keep talking about starting to do it - and maybe one of these days they will get started.

But getting back to you - Andrea - congratulations - what's the due date?
We're going to have to have another Baby QP exchange for you like we did with Traci's Hayes QP project.

Pahina722
08-14-2007, 09:31 AM
I'm the only one on either side of my family who scraps as well. And, I have a goal of making a 50th anniversary album for my parents (so I have until December 2008) that I haven't even started on. I got a digital camera 4 years ago, so I've been picking and choosing among 4 years of pictures for current albums. However, I've also been digging through old boxes of family photos and scanning ones that I really want to scrap NOW. I know that I should be more organized about this . . . . but organization is not something I'm familiar with!

CONGRATULATIONS on the upcoming bebe! What a cute way of letting us know what's up with you!

Serena
08-14-2007, 09:33 AM
Hee! I -just literally- put up a post at the pinkpoodle about how I was behind and wanted to get a lot done before my son is born (due September 10th!) so I "challenged" others to join me and try and get 5 layouts done from last Monday to this Monday.

It went REALLY well. I think we should implement that here too then! I'll join you, Miss Andrea! At least, as long as I can! I get immunity if the baby is born in the midst of it! ;)

Oh! And :balloons::vb_chirolp_iei::giggle:grats on the new baby!! We want to be updated lots!

KattyZak
08-14-2007, 09:36 AM
Congrats, Andrea. #5, how exciting!

I am still a disorganized as far as pictures both digital and film.

HollyS
08-14-2007, 11:23 AM
Yaay, the cat is out of the bag!!! We're so happy for you Andrea!

As for answering your question, I have a bazillion pictures to scrap of my boys, most of which are in photo form and some are luckily on floppy disk (hah, that seems ancient years ago). Anyway, I keep telling myself one day that i'm at least gonna put all those pics in albums and, perhaps while going through them, put dates and notes on them for keepsake. While going through them, if I find really unique and special special ones, then I'll scan and digiscrap 'em. At least that's my thinking anyway!

Yep I'm thinking of a challenge coming on!!!! :)

Maisie
08-14-2007, 11:37 AM
Congrats Andrea!!!
My DD is due at the end of January too!

I need to sit for a week, and scan everylast pic I've ever taken! LOL
I am running out of digital pics. So I have about 30 years to catch up on!

I wish I could afford that shoebox scan deal.