PDA

View Full Version : Where do you find out about new digi stuff??

strawbry_wine
10-21-2006, 05:57 AM
A little market research if y'all don't mind:

Anyone subscribe to yahoo or others "announcement/ad" lists, or ??????

How many forums & galleries are you active in??

Do you follow specific designers?

Does price guide you?

Are you more likely to spend on a sale??

Are you more likely to buy with introductory pricing?

Would you rather pay a low price for smaller kits (less items, not inferior quality)?

Have you ever used the included coupons with freebies/kits??

What's the avg price you spend on a product??

Not being nosy, just trying to get a handle on my marketing plan & I'm sure your answers will help the other designers here as well. It takes lots more information than simply knowing how to design to be able to bring you our stuff so your participation here really helps!!! Thanks sooo much for answering!!

steph
10-21-2006, 06:11 AM
Anyone subscribe to yahoo or others "announcement/ad" lists, or ?????? I have in the past... I'm not really doing that right now, but I may start again!

How many forums & galleries are you active in?? I post at three or four different galleries but I'm only really active in this forum

Do you follow specific designers? I haven't in the past, but I think if Joy and Gill were still designing, I would follow them cause I love their stuff, and I'm not just saying that cause they are my friends... they are truly talented and make the kind of kit I like!

Does price guide you? I like a good price yes!!!

Are you more likely to spend on a sale?? Not if I really want the kit!

Are you more likely to buy with introductory pricing? I would probably... like I said above if I really want the kit, I will pay any price!

Would you rather pay a low price for smaller kits (less items, not inferior quality)? No... I like kits with lots of choices that all co-ordinate and have some solid backgrounds(I don't want much do I ...LOL)

Have you ever used the included coupons with freebies/kits?? Yes

What's the avg price you spend on a product?? I have spent six or seven dollars on a good kit!

I hope this helps, Liz... I think you rule!!!

Stephanie

twirlyjoy
10-21-2006, 08:45 AM
Anyone subscribe to yahoo or others "announcement/ad" lists, or ?????? I do, but don't tend to read the emails at the moment, unless I have loads of spare time, which I don't!!! lol!!

How many forums & galleries are you active in?? I post at quite a few galleries as I am on 2 creative teams, but am only really active in the forum here and at one other site.

Do you follow specific designers? I do to a certain extent, but more particular stores than specific designers.

Does price guide you? Yes, but if I particularly like a kit, and if it is particularly versatile and will scrap quite a number of LOs, then I will pay a higher price.

Are you more likely to spend on a sale?? Yes - aren't most people after a bargain???!!! ;)

Are you more likely to buy with introductory pricing? Possibly, although I am terrible at procrastinating, so have been known to miss an intro price and then pay full price for a kit!

Would you rather pay a low price for smaller kits (less items, not inferior quality)? Not really - I like a kit which has a lot of versatility with wider options of papers and elements to choose from - enabling me to scrap more than one LO with it.

Have you ever used the included coupons with freebies/kits?? Yes

What's the avg price you spend on a product?? I guess most of the kits I buy are around $4 or $5, but I have paid more.

Hope that helps :)

okblues
10-26-2006, 12:04 PM
Anyone subscribe to yahoo or others "announcement/ad" lists, or ?????? Not a one, sorry*:no

How many forums & galleries are you active in?? about 3 at this time

Do you follow specific designers? a couple

Does price guide you? not really, I buy what I like & what will work with my photos

Are you more likely to spend on a sale?? Ummm, maybe. If it is something I wanted anyway, the sale is nice.

Are you more likely to buy with introductory pricing? Possibly.

Would you rather pay a low price for smaller kits (less items, not inferior quality)? Not necessarily.

Have you ever used the included coupons with freebies/kits?? Yes, a few.

What's the avg price you spend on a product?? Probably in the 5 to 6 dollar range, although I've found some nice kits in dollar bins and I've went the extreme to buy a complete collection for almost 30 (shhh, don't tell dh *wink ).

redring
10-26-2006, 03:53 PM
[QUOTE=okblues;1950]Anyone subscribe to yahoo or others "announcement/ad" lists, or ??????
[ sorry no

How many forums & galleries are you active in??
two right now and haveing trouble keeping up.

Do you follow specific designers? no

Does price guide you? it would I am sure

Are you more likely to spend on a sale?? Ummm, maybe. If it is something I wanted anyway, the sale is nice.
agreed^

Are you more likely to buy with introductory pricing?
no difrence

Would you rather pay a low price for smaller kits (less items, not inferior quality)?
sometimes, as long as I like whats there

Have you ever used the included coupons with freebies/kits??
I would :) I aperciate them no matter what

What's the avg price you spend on a product??
I have not bought any sets yet. I am still working through my freebies :) Lately Ive been looking though. I did buy an sbb membership for $9 . looking at some kits that are beyond my ability to make. We dont have much money so digital scraping is good for me. most of what I spend is paper elements to add to my pages.