PDA

View Full Version : What Program Do You Use to Scrap?

Debra
09-08-2006, 12:04 AM
There seem like there are quite a few choices... which do you use and why?

I began with pse v.4.0 and that is my program of choice...although I'm working my way into using CS2 - which is a bear for me *tongue

digitalbysarah
09-08-2006, 12:15 AM
I use Photoshop CS2. I'm planning to learn Illustrator CS2 as well.

IlaMarie
09-08-2006, 01:01 AM
As you have likely seen from previous posts in other threads, I'm strictly a PSP user. Have been 'into' it since Version V, now am up to VX. LOVE, love LOVE it! First, it is CHEAP (comparitively), and the learning 'curve' isn't so great. lol - I LOVE THAT PART! lol
Well anyway, I love PSP cuz it's all I know, altho there is one PS action I will always covet, and that is placing text on/in a vector shape (super neat tutorial here by Gina Miller (http://ginamiller.typepad.com/photos/tips_tricks/_textinpath.html)). Currently, Paint Shop Pro cannot do that (BOO-HOO!). SO SAD, cuz it is just SO kewl. However, Suz has developed the next best thing with her PSP script called "SHAPED TEXT (http://suzshook.topcities.com/8scripts/ss-ShapedText.htm)". Check it out! Anyway, it's ALL good;~)
Huggies, moi

Rebecca
09-08-2006, 01:20 AM
For Scrapping PSP10 Designing is a whole other story but psp is where my heart is.

Phoenix
09-08-2006, 05:16 AM
I use PSP as well!! *waves to all the pspers* It is all I know too however when I hurry up and save more money to buy me a wacom tablet I will get Photoshop Elements too. And I would definitely try to learn it and can use both PSP and PSE .. cool huh?

Rebecca
09-08-2006, 06:51 AM
Oh you will adore a tablet. I know I love mine!

hystrix21
09-08-2006, 09:10 AM
I LOVE my PSP9, however now that my DH is being shipped off to Basic Training for several months Im going to devote my time to fully learning/understanding CS2. I've done a couple layouts with it (its really backwards from PSP) and I've also designed a couple things in it (it takes me twice as long as PSP, but the results are SO much nicer!.

So for now, I love my PSP...but I know in a couple months I'll be saying how much I love CS2. Im in my transistion right now *biggrin

Debra
09-08-2006, 09:13 AM
I LOVE my PSP9, however now that my DH is being shipped off to Basic Training for several months Im going to devote my time to fully learning/understanding CS2. I've done a couple layouts with it (its really backwards from PSP) and I've also designed a couple things in it (it takes me twice as long as PSP, but the results are SO much nicer!.

So for now, I love my PSP...but I know in a couple months I'll be saying how much I love CS2. Im in my transistion right now *biggrin

I feel your pain... learning CS2 is such an adjustment after pse.. and that's adobe too... although, maybe it will be easier for you without having the habit of using certain commands already :)

strawbry_wine
09-08-2006, 11:01 AM
Well, I've used PS for years. My old computer is down for a while so got a laptop to use for the business and PSE was offered with it. I didn't think it would measure up to PS. Well, it does most everything PS does, ya just gotta learn the backdoors to do it. PS has come a long ways from when it was more photographic image software than graphics creation. I really miss MS Image Composer (it was on the old computer too) for quick tweaking. No matter what you use, sure beats the days of literal cut & paste!!

Debra
09-08-2006, 10:05 PM
Yep, gotta love the tablet! Even my 4 yo has a ball with it!:)

Debra
09-08-2006, 10:11 PM
Well, I've used PS for years. My old computer is down for a while so got a laptop to use for the business and PSE was offered with it. I didn't think it would measure up to PS. Well, it does most everything PS does, ya just gotta learn the backdoors to do it. PS has come a long ways from when it was more photographic image software than graphics creation. I really miss MS Image Composer (it was on the old computer too) for quick tweaking. No matter what you use, sure beats the days of literal cut & paste!!

Can I get an AMEN to that! I tried the ole literal way and by the time I weeded through my supplies for all the stuff I wanted to use.. well, with my 4 year old DD in the room, WE had a mess *worried -- Now she gets to have all of those supplies and I get to have my laptop *biggrin

Jae
09-09-2006, 12:56 PM
I'm a devoted PS7 user! I played with it lots before I discovered digiscrapping so when this hobby came along it was very easy to pic up! My Photoshop is always open on my computer. :)

kcmcd
09-09-2006, 09:35 PM
PSP8. I've thought about upgrading to 10 or X or whatever the newest one is now but I just haven't gotten around to it. I have an older version of PS and I use it for certain actions if I absolutely have to but DANG. I really cannot get used to not being able to right click and do anything. Honestly, it is my biggest peeve of that entire program. lol.

Xaria
09-11-2006, 06:48 PM
I usr corel draw / photopaint X3. I have looked at the adobe ones but they seemed too confusing. Oh and my partner is a graphics designer and prefers using corel so I can't complain about free help. The one problem is that all the tutorials are designed for PSP or PSE really.

megsap
09-16-2006, 10:47 AM
I use both Photoshop Elements 2.0 and PSP 9 for making layouts and designing.

SharonBissett
09-16-2006, 08:02 PM
I use Photoshop 7 for most everything and plan on upgrading to CS2 in a month or so. I do have copies of PSE 4, PSP 9, PhotoSuiteIII SE and DIP 9 that I use to "test" things or in the case of DIP, create special things for their file format. Geek at heart, I guess!