PDA

View Full Version : ACDSee

sha
08-11-2007, 07:18 PM
I am in the process of organizing my scrap items. I am having issues with the categories. I don't want a lot but only having a few is not really working.

Can anyone share what they use for categories. I would really appreciate it.

Pahina722
08-11-2007, 07:35 PM
I have only tried it out--but based on someone else's suggestion, I was making it really simple.

I started by making one category for Previews (or Contact sheets--whatever the designer is calling the page that shows everything in the kit). For full kits, that's all I worry about categorizing. I can quickly call up all the previews, flip through quickly, and then go to the correct kit once I've located it through its preview.

Then, after doing the kits via the Preview category, I'm moving on to stuff that isn't a complete kit: paper styles, templates, alphas, fasteners (stitching, buttons, brads, staples), fibers (bows, ribbons, fibers, lace), paper packs, decorative (stamps, stickers, flowers, doodles), frames, journaling (tags, journaling papers, bookplates), overlays, word art---you get the idea. But if it's part of a kit---I don't categorize it separately as one of these things.

This is working for me . . . but I don't think there's a perfect system. You'll have to fiddle around with it until you find one that works for you.

KattyZak
08-12-2007, 07:00 AM
I think if you go to their website...believe its called DigitalInfo, I am sure you would get a bunch of ideas. I can get you a link if you need it.
They are having a 40% off sale right now and I am thinking about it.

KattyZak
08-12-2007, 09:57 AM
The website is actually digiscrapinfo - you will find lots and lots there.

sha
08-12-2007, 05:01 PM
Thank you all for your replies. I am going to look into the site and see what I can find when I have more time.

Thank you again. I appreciate it.

babyofmine
08-29-2007, 12:28 PM
I just wanted to bump this thread, because there's 2 more days left on the sale. :D I bought it a week ago, and I have been organizing like crazy. :laugh: I love the program, and definitely recommend it!

KattyZak
08-29-2007, 07:01 PM
OK, Julie, you can help me with this. I got it this past weekend and am not looking froward to learning a new program. I accidently DL'ed the photo editor and now that program is grabbing everything...grrrr!
I know it will be good once I get into it because I am a huge mess...but I hate reading through how to's...would much prefer someone to show me.

babyofmine
10-05-2007, 11:53 AM
I just searched this site for the "other" site's name (it's not cheating on GDS, right?? right!) ;) and found this thread again. Katty, do you still want some help? I'm so sorry I didn't read your message before!
BTW, I LOVE your new avatar!! er, pic... whatever. :D

KattyZak
10-05-2007, 12:56 PM
Julie...funny. I have put it on the back burner for a few weeks, but was hoping to spend a good chunk of the weekend working on it, but I have a conference in the morning and soccer games in the afternoon.
I am going to have to work my way through the videos and tuts..ugh.

Thanks...I thought it was time to quit being so naked.

ETA -DigiInfo.com, I think.