PDA

View Full Version : What have you learned from the challenges?

bdjeepers
08-09-2007, 11:53 AM
I love the challenges! I have learned so much, and they have made go places and do things I have never done before. They make me think outside the box, and I think I've improved because of them. Thank you to all the hosts for helping us grow! I enjoy the freebies, but they're not why I do them, however, I am grateful for the extras because they help me discover all sorts of new things, too!

What have you learned?

HollyS
08-09-2007, 12:38 PM
I agree whole-heartably....when I can manage time away from doing site maintenance, customer service, etc., I go straight for the challenges to see what currents ones are running that are a good fit for me to will challenge me quite a bit. They have been so great for scrapping those memories that I may have put on the back burner.

wildstorm
08-09-2007, 08:29 PM
I have learnt that I have no idea how to link things so am scared to do a challenge. There are some great ones I would like to have done but maybe in the future.

Helen
08-09-2007, 09:49 PM
I have learnt that I have no idea how to link things so am scared to do a challenge. There are some great ones I would like to have done but maybe in the future.

We can help - that's what we are all here for - to help each other out.
If there is a challenge you would like to participate in - you can pm the person hosting that challenge - they will gladly help out - or you can pm me and I can help you out. Your layouts are beautiful and I really do think you would enjoy participating in some of the challenges. It's sort of like getting a recipe and being asked to make it - but us cooks all interpret recipes and add our own personal twist to them - same thing with a challenge...

I was scared to participate when I first came here - and I finally participated in some and now I'm hooked!

For me participating in the challenges - I've learned new techniques, have learned how to take a color palette given to me and find a photo and papers to go with that palette - I've learned how to use new fonts - I've learned how to make a quick page - that was a biggie (now don't laugh :laugh:) - I had never done one of those until I participated in a quick page exchange here.

I've learned a lot through the challenges here - and have had lots of fun participating in them. And I love to see how others interpret the challenges in the galleries with their layouts - and it opens up my eyes to other ways of doing things.

twirlyjoy
08-09-2007, 10:59 PM

oh no - you should have asked and we would have told you! So, here goes - am not sure how clear it will be, so anything you don't understand, please ask!

Upload your layout to the gallery (most challenges have a specific part of the gallery, but if not, just upload it as normal).

Have your layout open in one browser window, and the forum in another.

Type your reply to the post, then when you want to add your link, go to the window with your LO in it, and highlight the page address (the bit at the top of your browser where you type in the site address), then right click and select 'copy'.

Go back to the window with your forum reply post, and right click, this time selecting 'paste'.

Then, post your reply as normal, and you should then be able to click on your link and be taken to your LO in the gallery.

Hope that helps - any questions, post here, or pm me.

Now you have noe reason/excuse not to do the challenges!!! :wink:

inge
08-10-2007, 02:14 AM
Huuum, EVERYTHING I know !

Came here via g**gle for instructions after I saw a LO from someone else on another forum and it seemed the perfect way to save money doing things digitally (paper and glue is much more expensive) . But I couldn't quite figure out how to do it. Here I found a good tutorial and made my first LO with the colourchallenge.

Now I am a huge fan of most of the challenges. I hardly do anything else when I come to think of it...

I think it learns you how to go from an idea to the real thing. Most of the times I get a 'vision' of something (kit, picture, template,...) when reading the challenge an go from there...Trying things out. Everybody gives another interpretation to the challenges so you can't make mistakes.

I really want to thank the hosts for the time they put into our growing !

Pahina722
08-10-2007, 09:20 AM
Well, I only joined GDS recently and almost immediately got caught up in the ADSR, so all the challenges I've been doing are related to THAT right now. Those are really making me scrap outside my comfort zone, but I'm learning about myself in the process.

I'm looking forward to participating in GDS challenges as soon as ADSR is over--when I'll have more time free. Some don't interest me (I'm not a big fan of templates, for example), but others sound really interesting (the color challenges!). The wide variety is one great thing about these challenges. We're all different, but there is something to excite everyone here.

Coolscrapbook
08-10-2007, 10:01 PM
I've learned to think outside the box. You get to doing layouts in a certain way and you get in a comfort zone, and before you know it, your layouts look a little blah. But with these challenges, it's like you wake up again, and you get to think and think and use you noggin...

Cool stuff

Addie