PDA

View Full Version : What do you love........

twirlyjoy
08-08-2007, 05:11 AM
..................about gds???

We all love the site, but I am wondering what exactly it is that each of you loves about it??

If you are like me, there are lots of reasons!

My main reason is how much of a family atmosphere there is here at the site. Holly and Debra will no doubt say that it is the members who make the site as special as it is (which it is partly of course!), but I have to half disagree with them! Without them there would be no site, and they make the BEST heads of our gds family!

So, what particular thing is it about gds that brings you back over and over again???

alfenner
08-08-2007, 05:14 AM
Ditto that Joy.........as well as feeling safe here. Everyone is so nice and welcoming, and we have such fun!

ScrappinBikerChick
08-08-2007, 05:43 AM
I love the welcome I got when I first arrived...and all the love I continue to get each day from the many amazing people I have met here :D

amyleigh1204
08-08-2007, 05:59 AM
I absolutely love people here! It is a very diverse community and everyone is so friendly. When I came on a as a designer, everyone was so kind and accepting. This is such a wonderful place!

saraschlick
08-08-2007, 07:00 AM
I also love the homey, welcoming atmosphere here. I love being able to post a LO and ask for suggestions without fear of being put down. Everyone is so supportive of each other's talents and creativity! We celebrate with each other and support each other in the down times. Definitely a family here!!

Serena
08-08-2007, 07:29 AM
I'm going to have to ditto most of the sentiment above.

I have been in digi-scrapping since November '06, but not really active on any boards for fear of .. well.. not being accepted basically or told "Oh.. well, don't worry, you'll get better".

Comes from having an elitest sister in law who looked at all my paper scrap things and went "well, you're getting better, it's not bad...." and just made me hate doing anything around her cause it wasn't good enough.

Came out here, was Immediately accepted and treated SO nicely. I've got an instant love for you guys, you crack me up, make me feel warm, fuzzy and welcome and just want to do all sorts of things for you.

At this point I swear I'd do a blinkie or whatever anyone wanted for whomever asked. The support and sweetness has just been overwhelming!

I also love the designer contest, that is SO awesome and creative and allows things for people who might not normally try for fear of being rejected, or thinking that they might not be able to do things. You know?

The challenges are neat too. :)

So big warm hugs for everyone, sorry for rambling!! :blahblah: (it's one of my bad traits. hee!)

mammacole1979
08-08-2007, 08:05 AM
Let's see...what do I love about GDS....um...:idea: everything! I think this is a great site, because there is something for everyone. Whether your here to find freebies, take part in the challenges, make new friends or just showcase your work, it's all here. I myself feel very at home here, everyone was is so nice.
I'm channeling cheers here:

Making your way in the world today takes everything you've got.
Taking a break from all your worries, sure would help a lot.
Wouldn't you like to get away?
Sometimes you want to go
Where everybody knows your name,
and they're always glad you came.
You wanna be where you can see,
our troubles are all the same
You wanna be where everybody knows
Your name.
OK I'm done:biggrin:

Coolscrapbook
08-08-2007, 09:12 AM
I love this place because it's like acquiring an additional instant family that loves doing exactly what you love doing, what a hoot, can't get any better that that, and when you get here, you all do not act like you are above and beyond anyone else which is such a plus which brought me back and reeled me in to stay.

Everything else, is gravy, and sprinkles on the cake! The folks here made it for me.

Addie

dragonflyscrapper76
08-08-2007, 10:55 AM
Oh thank you so much for starting this thread again.

I love GDS, because of the friendly atmosphere, and the community, I was in the very first Supreme Team contest here, and had such a great time even though I was eliminated...everyone here made me feel so welcome and like a friend. I love a community that treats it's members so well. That is my main reason, that and I just adore all the work that all the designers, Debra and Holly do to keep us informed and all the fun that we have.

Thanks to you all, you do such a great job!!!

Helen
08-08-2007, 11:41 AM
As they say - how do I love you - let me count the ways!!!!!!

I LOVE the friendliness of this site! Everyone is helpful and supportive, and when I first started posting layouts here - everyone was so encouraging - I actually got comments on my layouts here - some places I had posted layouts I had not received any comments at all. Here - you get comments on your layouts (I know I am way behind on my comments on layouts - but I promise I will get back to the gallery as soon as I get caught up on some layouts).

I LOVE the FORUM here - everyone participates - and thre's always something going on - lots of threads to read every day - there is ALWAYS someone on this site - even for those of us who stay up late at night - there are folks from all around the world (and our night-time is their day-time).

I LOVE that Debra and Holly are always looking and implementing new features here at GDS - the site is always improving - new tutorials were added this summer - new designer and member giveaway sections - and new challenges!

I LOVE the Designers here at GDS - they have excellent quality products, have great challenges and posting gifts, and are very involved with the forum and the galleries. They are very active here.

I LOVE the Gallery here - there is no restriction on the resolution you can upload - and no restriction on how many layouts you can post in one day.
Some other places limit you to 5 layouts a day - NOT GDS - you can post as many layouts in one day as you want to. That's cool!

I LOVE the Challenges here - there are lots of them and it has become difficult for me to keep with all of them :laugh: There are SO many to participate in! And they have great challenge gifts!

I LOVE the fact that GDS was the first (I think the first) to offer up printing services and the price is fantastic!

I LOVE everything about GDS - well almost - I don't love the fact that it has become totally addictive for me - I can't stay away - is there a program out there to cure our addiction to digiscrapping!!!!!!! :laugh:

And I LOVE the folks here at GDS - very friendly, supportive - have made a lot of great new friends here from all over the world!

:gogo::gogo::gogo::gogo::gogo::gogo::gogo:

ABitDaffy
08-08-2007, 12:43 PM
I'm channeling cheers here:

Making your way in the world today takes everything you've got.
Taking a break from all your worries, sure would help a lot.
Wouldn't you like to get away?
Sometimes you want to go
Where everybody knows your name,
and they're always glad you came.
You wanna be where you can see,
our troubles are all the same
You wanna be where everybody knows
Your name.
OK I'm done:biggrin:

ROFL! :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: Colie, you summed it up perfectly! It is just like Cheers here!:laugh:

gigichet
08-08-2007, 03:03 PM
I think that everything that everyone has said is why this community is as great as it is...the designers, the members of the community, the moderators, Debra and Holly...we all have a hand in making GDS number one. A community where we want to come and do the challenges, join in on the chatter, go shopping or just hang out and have fun. If you love a community you are gonna invite your friends to move into the area and that is what we have all done here---we have told our friends and family what a wonderful community that GDS is and that is why we now have 5677 members.

Loving this community is why I have made it my personal goal to not have any layout in the gallery that doesn't have a comment on it (and if yours doesn't have a comment yet give me time I am working on it--I am going from gallery to gallery and posting comments). I know how I have felt before not having any comments on a layout that I think is just fantastic.

Loving this community is why the designers and Debra and Holly keep it going...it isn't for the money. If it was they would have quit a long time ago.

So my hat is off to you all and the extended family that we have all found here and the love that keep it all going. Thank you all...

Gwen/gigichet

wildstorm
08-08-2007, 04:01 PM
I agree with every thing that has been said here. It is a place that is so inviting and friendly. I love getting comments on my layouts as it give me the inspiration to try try new things. I love leaving comments on others as it is my way of making them feel welcome. I am amazed at the talent that is show cased here. I would never have felt good enough to be scrapper of the month as yet I am. How wonderful this site is. I want to thank every one for making this the best site. I just love it.:vb_chirolp_iei:

ScrapShana
08-08-2007, 05:06 PM
There is so much to love about this place, I could make a list a mile long! Like many here, it is the atmosphere that keeps me coming back. The people here are just the greatest. Anyplace can host a forum, but it takes a special group of people to make a community such as this. It just feels like home. :)

Thank you to everybody who works so hard behind the scenes to make this place as great as it is! *woot

Debra
08-08-2007, 05:18 PM
I have to say thank you too! I love GDS... from the first person that ever registered and all the way through to today... the GDS Community has been and continues to be the most friendliest and warmest group of digiscrappers I have ever had the pleasure to share my digiscrapbooking and somewhat personal life with.

I remember a time when one of our members had her computer crash and go kaput and the community rallied to help her, going so far as to offer to send her a laptop or another computer to use and she's halfway around the world from here... maybe further - I'm not much of a geography person.... but that's who we are here at GDS as a community... and it doesn't get any better than that!

So Thank You ... each and every one of you allowing me to be a part of something so wonderful!

Maisie
08-08-2007, 05:45 PM
I agree with everyone else here. I love the warm friendly-ness of our home!
There's no flaming going on here, like some other sites.
You know when DST went down yesterday, I never even noticed. I found out from someone's blog.

inge
08-09-2007, 02:25 AM
What I love about GDS? That's the biggest challenge I've ever come acxross here. I just can't find the words in English or don't know how to spell them.

But that's one thing I love about GDS, nobody complains about my writing and the spellingerrors I make. You feel accepted no matter where you come from!

I have to admit I came at first for the DD but it's such fun here with all those great challenges that I just keep coming. Even when I'm working (like know) :twitcy:.

But everyone has to admit the freebies you get from here are simply the best ! The challenges really challenge you to try something new and go out of the box. And the gallery has such high standard it inspires you day after day...

I'll have to thank everyone who makes GDS such a fantastic place to hang out.

gigichet
08-09-2007, 06:29 AM
I just love the comments that everyone has left here---it gives you that warm and fuzzy feeling...

Gwen/gigichet

korib
08-09-2007, 01:52 PM
What don't I love about this site?

We really do have a feeling of family here...without the tattling...and it is wonderful. I like that we are all different, have different strengths and challenges, but that we still support each other.

I love to read the comments left on my LO's and I love to leave comments on other LO's.

I love that I don't have to be afraid to leave a comment in a forum...or to ask a question.

I love how the designers leave comments on the LO's made from their kits.

I really love the sharing of knowledge...people here like to teach the community how to improve.

I've had a blast with both the supreme team challenges and the NBD challenge. I love stretching and growing.