PDA

View Full Version : If You Had It To Do All Over Again....?

Debra
10-19-2006, 08:13 AM
What program would you start out with and why?

I started with pse v.4.0. It was pretty tough to learn. I have since gone to (or shall I say am attempting) CS2 and now that I am so use to pse's key commands, etc. I'm so spoiled that I find it very hard to maneouver. I wish I had just gone ahead and learned cs2 in the first place.

Anyone else feel this way? Maybe we can save a newbie from the same fate..lol!*worried *tongue *rolleyes

Rebecca
10-19-2006, 08:30 AM
I feel the same I would have started with photoshop, because there was no cs2 at the time! It was all in what I could afford.

twirlyjoy
10-19-2006, 10:51 AM
I started with a free (free cos it was an old version!) programme called Photo Impact which was tough to learn but I stuck with it for a few months before getting PSP, which was very simple compared to PI!! However, I have also got PSCS (not CS2) but just can't get to grips with it and I keep reverting back to PSP - in fact, now that I am no longer designing, I don't feel that I really need PSCS anymore as LOs are just so easy in PSP.

Phoenix
10-19-2006, 11:12 AM
I started in PSP... but I think I would have gone for PS otherwise. I was going to start learning PS years ago but I was told that if I already knew a lot in PSP there was no point learning a new program.... well I wished I never listened now

steph
10-19-2006, 12:05 PM
I don't think I would have done it any differently... I have no desire to design so I'm just using a generic scrapbooking program... Creating Keepsakes Scrapbook Designer... and I'm quite happy with that!!!

Stephanie

redring
10-19-2006, 06:35 PM
Im in love with pscs. Have always loved it. i pick up things fast though when I like them. I started with the paintshop that comes with youre windows stuff. When I saw how much flexability you had with ps I think I drooled. :) I have always scrapped with PS though. I started scraping to improve my abilitys while doing somthing fun. My main goal was Photo manipulation....though I seem to be scraping more now.

strawbry_wine
10-19-2006, 06:48 PM
I'm dying to get back to my PS though its an ancient version, 5.0 I think. I'm using PSE 4 now. Have thought about checking out CS2 but the only thing I truly miss from PS is working with curves so I'm fine right now with pse....

Daniellesmama
10-19-2006, 07:05 PM
I started with PS6 and found it too hard. I LOVE PSE4 though. And I find now that I know something about it, PS6 seems easier, but not as easy as PSE. I just downloaded a trial of PSE5 to try out on my trip to CO this weekend and so far, it looks nice. Not sure I will fork out the upgrade to have it, but it gives me something to use to scrap with while I'm on the road!

Xaria
10-19-2006, 08:26 PM
I use Corel Draw and in a way I wish I had stuck with using Photoshop as you can get so many tutorials but when I looked at it it was so much more difficult than Corel and I have help desk 3 feet away... Cant complain too much about the wait times.

JaJue
10-20-2006, 04:44 AM
I started with PhotoImpact 8..then i got PI XL. I love it *smile But i still try to work with PS 7..sooo difficult. *err

sarah87
10-21-2006, 02:41 PM
i always wor with picture it. i wanted to try photo impact and photoshop but it's difficult. hope i will have time to get trought it anytime ^^

okblues
10-24-2006, 11:36 AM
I started out with ps5, but didn't like it. Then I went to ps7 and later to psp. I have pse4, but don't use it much. I wouldn't change where I started, but I do want to upgrade to cs2.