PDA

View Full Version : What's The Story Behind Your Username?

Debra
10-18-2006, 07:04 PM
Everyone's usernames are so diverse and interesting.. just wondering how you got yours?

strawbry_wine
10-18-2006, 08:38 PM
fav homemade wine & love the song!!! and i just couldn't believe how many lizpike29721 there were out there. heehee

Rebecca
10-18-2006, 09:45 PM
Ummm it is on my birth certificate :P

Phoenix
10-18-2006, 10:10 PM
Phoenix first derived from PhoenixWaters.. I wanted to have a sort of an indian name coz i love everything about them... also it was spiritual at the time I was chatting in a lot of psychic and spiritual sites. I have stayed with Phoenix for 8 years I think... since I got my first computer....I also love the mythical bird Phoenix too

twirlyjoy
10-18-2006, 11:13 PM
Mine started off for my email address because I couldn't get a derivative of my real name that I would remember - with a surname like Brown, that isn't too unexpected!! At the time, all 3 of my girls were majorettes and I was a director of their corps, so thats where the twirly came from.

Xaria
10-19-2006, 01:28 AM
I just love the letter X... Thought it sounded cute *yes

Debra
10-19-2006, 07:31 AM
fav homemade wine & love the song!!! and i just couldn't believe how many lizpike29721 there were out there. heehee

Never had the wine but I'm with you on the song..Love it!

Debra
10-19-2006, 07:33 AM
Mine started off for my email address because I couldn't get a derivative of my real name that I would remember - with a surname like Brown, that isn't too unexpected!! At the time, all 3 of my girls were majorettes and I was a director of their corps, so thats where the twirly came from.

Your username is so easy and yet so rememberable.. I never woulda thought majorettes... but makes perfect sense *yes

steph
10-19-2006, 04:51 PM
Umm... well... I'm with Rebecca...it's on my birth certificate... well kind of...the longer version of my name is anyway!!! I actually started using it as my username cause it was easy to remember, and I'm lazy...lol!!!

Steph

redring
10-19-2006, 07:08 PM
....Im with Phoenix on the whole spritual thing. It was suposed to be my power name. Turned out I just liked it. Its an jumble of the letters in my full name.... So its me in a way.

Daniellesmama
10-19-2006, 08:16 PM
Mine's pretty easy - cause I'm Danielle's mama! *wink

JaJue
10-20-2006, 05:41 AM
Oh..i'll try to explain. About four years ago we got AOL and we had to choose a screenname. That was very difficult *rolleyes So we decided to take the first letters of our surnames (we still were not married at this time). My husbands (and now mine too) surname is Jahn..my old surname was Jürgens *rolleyes The 'ü' didn't work, so we took ue (in german it's the same spelling like ü). That's why i'm JaJue *tongue

Debra
10-22-2006, 06:38 PM
well that's a cool way to do it Jajue!!

jen10510
10-28-2006, 02:06 PM
Not really too sure how I came up with mine
Jen of course cause that's my name!
Then I had to make is somehow unique so I just started typing numbers and that's what I came up with. *huh I don't know doesn't make sense to me either!

Debra
10-28-2006, 06:07 PM
makes perfect sense to me :)

beany
11-07-2006, 06:07 AM
LOL well i have a Canadian friend - Charley (girl) who we all called Charley-Barley and when she went back to Canada, on holiday, i asked for some Jelly Belly Beans...And being called, Gill, Gilly and many other derivatives of Gillian ( thanks Mom and Dad for your great sense of humour), we started calling them Gilly Billy Beans,
I became Gilly-bean, then beanz and then we stuck on Beany...only took about 3 years to get it settled there!*biggrin

lyndsaymel
11-07-2006, 07:27 AM
lyndsay bc it's my name and mel is the first 3 letters of my last name. i also go by goddesslyn on non digi scrappin sites.

Robbi1
11-07-2006, 09:00 AM
I guess I'm just too lazy to think of anything that would make my brain work any harder than it has to. Robbi is my 'office' nick-name and a shorter version of my real name Roberta...My family calls me Birdi, my dh doesnt know what to call me (lol) my kids cal me Mom and MamaYama :) My oldest daughters name is also Roberta and we call her Bobbi and have an Aunt Barbara who is also called Barb or Bobbie, so I couldnt use that one.... Guess thats me - Robbi :)