View Full Version : Copy PNG files to CD
07-27-2007, 11:26 PM
There are some elements (they're all in PNG files) I want to copy to CD instead of keeping them in my hard drive as my computer doesn't hv enough RAM. I tried but didn't work. I use hp cd-r 52x, 700MB/80 minutes & my computer is Windows XP Home Edition. Is there anybody here could help me to solve this problem? Thank you.
07-28-2007, 12:56 AM
It's really easy to copy the png files to a CD.
1. Put blank CD-R in your CD drive.
2. Open Windows Explorer (right click on the start button, then choose explore)
3. Find the directory where your png files are located (i.e. C:\My Documents\My Scrapbooks... etc)
4. Find the png files you want to copy to CD. Right click on the file and choose "Send To" and from the flyout menu choose CD_Drive (D:\) - D:\ being the letter of your CD Drive which maybe another letter. Repeat for every file you want copied or if they are all in one directory just right click on the directory name, choose "Send To" and choose CD_Drive(D:\) to copy the entire directory with all the files in it.
5. On your desktop click on My Computer, then click (or double click if you don't have single clicking enabled) on your CD-Drive(D:\) you will see on the left side of your screen "Write files to CD", click (or double click) on that and your files will automatically start copying to CD! Your CD will eject from the CD drive when it has finished.
Hope this was helpful. There is more than one way to copy a file to CD, so if you need additional help, PM me and I'd be glad to help you.
07-28-2007, 09:53 AM
Whew! I wish I knew this before I bought Nero!
07-28-2007, 12:27 PM
Yeah, I have "drag n drop" software which makes it really easy.
07-28-2007, 01:58 PM
boy I am jealous...I wish that mine was that easy to do...:confused1:
07-28-2007, 09:28 PM
Thank you, I followed your instruction & it did work :wink: I've al'dy copied most of the elements in my CD's.
07-29-2007, 02:05 AM
Your welcome! Glad I could help :)
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2 Copyright © 2015 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.