PDA

View Full Version : Drop Shadow issues in PSE

Joyagg
07-26-2007, 04:26 PM
Hey, I hope y'all can help. I am just getting used to my new MAC and PSE 4.0. I have done 3 LOs today and whenever I use the drop shadow it creates a shadow on the edges of my LO. I have lowered the number and everything. The only way I could get rid of it was to remove the layer style completely. I have samples of one LO without layer style and 2 with it on my blog. I used a template and there were no layer styles on the template. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

My Blog (http://www.joyinhim.blogspot.com)

Pahina722
07-26-2007, 04:37 PM
I use PSE 5.0 on a Dell, so I'm not sure if this is correct for a Mac, but . . . the only times I've had Elements put a drop shadow on the edge of the layout is when I had the background layer highlighted in the layers palette.

Here's a thought that just hit me . . . did you pull the template on top of an existing background layer? If you did and then you applied the drop shadow to all the other layers, the background on the template would be another layer as far as Elements is concerned--so it would get a drop shadow. (Did that make sense?)

babyofmine
07-27-2007, 05:18 PM
I think Paige has got it! When I'm using templates, I have to be sure to apply the shadow to the template itself, not the paper, or it won't work. Also, you can change the angle of the shadow, which changes the direction (to the left, right, top, bottom).

Joyagg
07-28-2007, 02:31 PM
That was it - once I took the drop shadow off the photo and back on the template it was fine. Funny thing...last night I tried just removing the template and it didn't make any difference...anyway..THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! GDS members are the best!