PDA

View Full Version : Can A DigiScrap Challenge Change Your Life?

ABitDaffy
07-26-2007, 11:34 AM
Okay, well, that may be stretching it just a bit! But, let me tell you what happened. Several weeks ago Debra posted the A Day In Your Life Challenge where you were supposed to journal just an ordinary day. Well, I woke up one morning and decided that day would be my day to journal. So, throughout the day, I just took mental notes of things that were happening. It just so happened to be a day that I was home from work with my girls (the baby was recovering from an ear infection). When I went to journal the layout, I realized as I put "pen to paper" or "mouse to monitor" how very, very much I enjoy my time with my daughters. For the last several months, I've been working three jobs - one full-time 5-day a week job and two part-time from home contract jobs. Several other things happened that weekend - changes in daycare, etc., that culminated with my husband and I sitting down and really talking about me quitting my job to stay home with my kids. We've had this discussion several times before and he's always been very supportive of me doing it, but I usually decided that financially we just can't swing it. This time though, after looking at everything, we realized that we can. I just kept coming back to that layout and thinking that, even when the girls are driving me crazy and I want to pull my hair out, with them, watching them grow up, is where I want to be. So, this past Monday I gave my notice at work - August 17th will be my last day of work - well, at least full time away from home - there's a possibility I might get to work a few hours a week and of course I'll still have my contract jobs. I was thinking I'd probably have more time to scrap, but the truth is, I'll probably have less! But, I'll have so many more memories to scrap when I do have time! If you've read this all, you deserve a medal! But I just wanted to share with you!

HollyS
07-26-2007, 11:38 AM
Aw....... Congrats Daphne on finding a clearing in the forest that we call life! It's comforting to hear that a challenge here at GDS help you find it. We so enjoy your friendship and inspiration here!

mosser77
07-26-2007, 11:55 AM
Tears! I'm sooo glad you are going to be able to stay home. I wouldn't trade it for the world!!!

gigichet
07-26-2007, 12:46 PM
Oh Honey...I am so very happy for you. You are going to be doing the most wonderful job that you will ever have---molding those little minds. Kids grow up so fast and I am so glad to hear that you can get to stay home with them.

Granted they will drive you crazy and there are gonna be days that you want to pull your hair out but you are going to be creating some of the most wonderful memories and gonna get to be there for so many of the firsts that the kids will get to do. There is going to be plenty of time to work when the kids are older.

Enjoy every minute that you get to spend with them...before you know it they will be grown.

Gwen/gigichet

KattyZak
07-26-2007, 02:45 PM
that is so awesome. you are going to love it.

Debra
07-26-2007, 03:18 PM
I remember your layout... It's really amazing what you journalled. If there was ever a testament on why to journal, that layout is it!

lol.. but I digress... thanks for sharing your wonderful news with us. Being able to do what you really to do is such a blessing and soon enough they'll be in school and you'll have more free time than you have at the moment.

I didn't get to stay home with my first 3 munchkins but being home with Hannah (I so identified with your laptop out at the poolside!) is something that I really treasure. We have less than 30 days before she starts kindergarten and it's now an all day affair. I am going to miss all the long crazy days of the past 5 1/2 years. Absolutely no regrets here.

I am another Mom who can attest that the years sure do fly by!

MaggieMae
07-26-2007, 03:26 PM
You will never regret your decision. I stayed home to raise my children and, after they were grown, I had years and years to work and I still have more. Those years of being home for our children were so precious - they went so fast! There were days that seemed endless but the years passed in a flash!

mammacole1979
07-26-2007, 04:01 PM
Good for you! I get to stay at home with my son (I missed out on my daughter) and you're right, as much as I want to pull my hair out sometimes I wouldn't trade it for the world.

Helen
07-26-2007, 04:11 PM
HUGS!!!!! I am so happy for you that you can do tihs! Time is so short and precious - enjoy your new life home with the kids!

alfenner
07-26-2007, 04:13 PM
That's absolutely AWESOME!!!!

I agree that you won't regret it a bit........I know that I would give up anything I had to, to continue staying home with my babies!

CONGRATS!!!

tborntreger
07-26-2007, 04:20 PM
Quitting my job and staying home with my boys has been the best thing I've ever done for them. I didn't realize how much I was missing out on by being away and then coming home to tired to function! You won't regret your decision!! Congrats!