PDA

View Full Version : Problem Uploading Page

33bells
03-06-2013, 06:03 AM
I tried twice to upload a page for the Font Challenge. Get to the second step. It says it uploaded and then takes me to the Gallery where my photo is missing. It skips the screen where I give links etc.

Anyone have this problem at times? Is it a glitch that will be fixed, I hope, so I can upload later? First time I've run into it. :confused1:

Thanks for any help!
Peggy

marya149
03-06-2013, 06:12 AM
What 33Bells said, that is what happened to me with the upload glitch, described below...

On my New Song-Easter Song for my sister, Carol for the lyrical ch; looked in the gallery-not picture... first upload didn't take--getting frustrated.. Re-entered the info for the upload, then the upload took, but my description wouldn't take & stay no matter how times it was entered.. so had to post it under the lyrical challenge leave some love page for the contestants.. This has happened to me on other occasions, too namely 3x's.... Mary Anne (marya149):confused1::mad:

33bells
03-06-2013, 07:30 AM
I just tried to upload my ABC challenge and had the same problem again. There is definitely a glitch with the website. Hopefully will be fixed soon. Glad to know it isn't just me! But not glad that Mary Anne is having the problem too. :(
Peggy

Bright Eyes
03-06-2013, 07:31 AM
Ladies, don't know why this is happenging. Have sent a request for it to be checked out.

So sorry for the problems with the gallery. Hang in there and hopefully it will be straightened out soon.

33bells
03-06-2013, 07:32 AM
Thank you!

33bells
03-06-2013, 10:14 AM
I was able to upload a layout in Internet Explorer so maybe it is fixed, or maybe the problem is Firefox.
Peggy

Bright Eyes
03-06-2013, 11:29 AM
I uploaded a page with no problem this morning... using Internet Explorer. Yes, have had heard that other browser sometimes won't work when uploading to the gallery. Glad you had IE to use. :biggrin:

marya149
03-06-2013, 11:38 AM
I finally used IE & it worked much better.. Thank 33Bells-Peggy
for letting me know.. some browser can cause problems--usually don't use IE much any more-for upload & so forth may have to do so..
Thanks again, Peggy!!:laugh:

vicki23
03-06-2013, 01:35 PM
I just uploaded a page using FF with out any problems.

33bells
03-06-2013, 05:23 PM
I hope firefox works again since I don't really like IE much. But if it works it works.
You are most welcome. :)
Peggy

georgedinah
03-06-2013, 11:21 PM
I have tried 5 separate times to upload!! Using FF
I'll give IE a try

HUGS
Di

georgedinah
03-07-2013, 01:00 AM
no luck with IE either!!! MOST FRUSTRATING!!!!

Art for Scrapbooking
03-07-2013, 01:36 AM
I am having no problems uplaoding with firefox I tried a few times to check. I would suggest clearing your cache and then when you go to the upload page select the file for upload but wait for it to finish uploading before you hit the upload /submit button

georgedinah
03-07-2013, 01:52 AM
Not only can I not upload on either IE OR FF but when I open your web site on IE everything is SOOOOOOOO small you can not even navigate the site!! Come on guys!!!! Over 24 hours of that isn't resolved and now MORE???
WOW!! Frustrating!!!

HUGS ANYWAYS

Dinah:twitcy::no::mad::mad:

Art for Scrapbooking
03-07-2013, 02:26 AM
I am so sorry you are having issues Dinah I can't replicate them:confused1: Please be assured tech support has been alerted to the issue. I am in IE now and don't have an issue. Which version of windows are you using ?

Not only can I not upload on either IE OR FF but when I open your web site on IE everything is SOOOOOOOO small you can not even navigate the site!! Come on guys!!!! Over 24 hours of that isn't resolved and now MORE???
WOW!! Frustrating!!!

HUGS ANYWAYS

Art for Scrapbooking
03-07-2013, 02:35 AM
Also what category are you uploading to ? or does it happen to all. the more information the easier it will be to track down the issue.

33bells
03-07-2013, 06:54 AM
Dinah, someone mentioned clearing the cache. Did you try that? Sometimes it helps. I sure hope it works out for you soon. I know how frustrating it is. As a last resort, I'd download Opera or another browser and try it because I really think it's a glitch in the browsers or everyone would have the problem.
Peggy

Bright Eyes
03-07-2013, 07:21 AM
WOW!! Frustrating!!!

HUGS ANYWAYS

So sorry you are having so many problems. On the website being too small to navigate.... take a look at your tool settings when you are on the webpage. Sounds like it is set to less that 100%. I did that accidently once when I went to save a site to favorites. It was funny as only that one was too small when I clicked on it. On my brower the tool settings looks like a small wheel with edges - it is next to the star for favorites. Click on the wheel to bring up the pop-up menu and check the setting. Click on 100%. Hope that will at least bring the webpage back to it's normal size.

Darlene Currie
03-07-2013, 08:37 AM
Dinah - I have always worked on a Mac, but in my new job I took a couple of years ago, I work on a PC. I find I need to clear the cache a lot more on a PC for some reason.

Also, I use a lot of keyboard shortcuts as opposed to the drop-down menus, and what I do quite often is use "Control" and the "-" symbol and it reduces the page I'm working on. I use it all the time if I'm working in Illustrator or Photoshop to reduce or zoom into an object (Control +), but if I'm on a web page and do it, it reduces the size of the type in the window. If you use (Control +) on a PC, (Command +) on a Mac, it will change your point size.

I hope that works for you. We've had uploading issues to the gallery on and off since the site had a big upgrade a while back, so we sincerely apologize for that.

Another thing that developed after the upgrade was that you would only upload your image in the first window. Don't type anything else in - just browse, select and upload. Then another window comes up and that's where you enter all your information. One way or another, we'll get everyone fixed up!