PDA

View Full Version : Sketch Drawer 1.1

scrppn
02-04-2013, 01:33 AM
Sketch Drawer is a kind of photo editing software tool intended for converting photographs to pencil sketches. It is free Giveaway of the Day today and seems to be a pretty good program. It is only available free today and must be installed and registered during today's time frame. Thought some of you migiht want to give it a try. You can read about it at soft orbits

Els AW
02-04-2013, 03:15 AM
I like it, but where can I find that 'free for one day'?
Is that another website, or do you mean the trialversion?

scrppn
02-04-2013, 04:08 AM
giveaway of the day

projectsgalor
02-04-2013, 08:33 AM
I found this one today
http://www.giveawayoftheday.com/sketch-drawer-rerun/

I also found another one that is freeware
http://dottech.org/28213/turn-your-digital-photos-into-paintings-drawings-or-cartoons-with-fotosketcher/

Els AW
02-04-2013, 08:42 AM
I found the fotosketcher, but that is not so nice as Sketch drawer.
Thanks!

Scarlet 357
02-04-2013, 03:18 PM
Here is the correct direct link to the actual download that I just used download.softorbits.com/files/SketchDrawer.exe as of 6:00 pm Click on it and the file will pop up to download. It is the no registration version of the Sketch Drawer program.

zanthia
02-04-2013, 05:43 PM
fotosketcher is great!!!!!

Els AW
02-05-2013, 11:25 PM
fotosketcher is great!!!!!

I think it is just what you are used to ;-)
In a quick compare I liked Sketch Drawer better and I was fortunate to download it for free!

JessieTrotter
02-06-2013, 03:19 AM
Here is the correct direct link to the actual download that I just used download.softorbits.com/files/SketchDrawer.exe as of 6:00 pm Click on it and the file will pop up to download. It is the no registration version of the Sketch Drawer program.

I used this link this morning and it worked just fine for the Sketch Drawer no registration version. I tried it out and it coverted a photo for me just fine. How cool!!!!

Thanks,
Jessie :)

donakat
02-06-2013, 09:45 AM
There are numerous tutorials out on the web, for free, that teach you step-by-step how to do this particular task. And, there are FREE actions and filters available. Why not try out doing it from scratch in Photoshop or Elements? That way you not only learn this particular technique, but also more about using your program to full advantage to do things you may not have ever done before. If you're interested in this technique, try Googling for "Photoshop sketch effect tutorial" or "Photoshop tutorial" to get an idea of the vast resources out there from lots of talented and experienced people. I love the Photoshop Roadmap features, and Deke McClelland's always interesting and well-done tutorials. And, I've come across many digiscrap sites that put up lots of tuts on techniques you can put into use right away. We even have some tuts here (look on the menu line right below the logo block at the top of this page for "Tutorials"). Don't be afraid, jump right in!

JessieTrotter
02-06-2013, 12:05 PM
Thanks for the tip. I'll do that once I get my computer back up and running or replaced:confused1:

Fortunately, I backed up 2 days ago but still will lose the last few uploads to this site. Everyone keep your fingers crossed for me!!!

Jessie :)

Darlene Currie
02-06-2013, 02:19 PM
Very good points Dona. It's all in the learning. You feel like you've really accomplished something doing it that way and it leads you down so many other roads as you become more creative.

Els AW
02-06-2013, 09:49 PM
I do agree with Dona and Darlene, only I have so little time to explore everything!
Then this is a very usefull program and free for that day ;-)

marya149
04-24-2013, 02:13 PM
I've tried Fotosketcher & it definately takes some getting used to; as to how to use it; there are so many different things that it does & if you are not familiar with the software, can be very confusing.., to be honest... but then so can PSE 8 can be... Finally getting the hang a quite a few things in Photoshop 7 & I really love all the topaz filters that I have in that software-- my photos look so fabulous after I use them.... ; I will keep this software in mind--the Sketch Drawer
& might consider trying; already tried Fotosketcher & uninstalled it...
Mary Anne
:twitcy::love-smiley-011::love-smiley-011::love-smiley-011: