PDA

View Full Version : Ready to snuggle up with Harry

saraschlick
07-20-2007, 12:53 PM
Well, I'm at just over 9 hours until THE book comes out. My copy (that I pre-ordered months ago) should be arriving on my doorstep tomorrow. I plan to read, read, read and avoid the internet and TV until I'm done! I can't risk the ending being spoiled! I'm attending a release party at our library this evening. Anyone else going to a release get together?

Anyone else ready to see how it all ends? Any predictions?

I, of course, would hate to see Harry killed. I think Hermione dies, but that's just my prediction! I have no clue what will happen.

ARGH! I can't wait!!!!!*woot

Sara

Pahina722
07-20-2007, 01:29 PM
My copy should be showing up as well. And I'm having a hard time figuring out who I think will die.

Harry--possible. Hermione and Ron since we know that they are "attached" to each other--possible. Snape---I wish. I haven't figured out if he really betrayed Dumbledore or just did what Dumbledore asked him to do, but he's mean and he dislikes Harry simply because of who Harry's father was. Draco Malfoy---we couldn't get that lucky.

The way Rowling has been talking about the book, the people who die are ones she really cares about, but does that necessarily mean they are some of the "good guys"?

I'll be holed up as well with the book and doing everything I can to keep from flipping to the back and spoiling the surprise.

babyofmine
07-20-2007, 02:35 PM
I will get mine tomorrow morning, BUT I am attending a release party tonight at a local store. :D aaaaaaarrrrrrggggh, I am so excited I can hardly BREATHE! :twitcy:

I'm thinking of ripping out the last pages and hiding them so I don't read them....well, at least not until I'm supposed to... ROFL :hairpull:

I have a CRAZY prediction: I think Aunt Petunia and Sirius DATED way back when! And I think that Mrs Figg will get to perform magic! :D I have been snooping for HINTS but not spoilers as to what will happen, and Mugglenet.com has been so fun!

I think Voldie will die, but Harry will be maimed, :bigeyes: but he and Ginny will "hook up", and Ron and Hermione will also hook up. As for someone else dying...I think Snape will do something that helps Harry and cause himself to die, as well as Peter Petigrew.

I don't think Harry will go to school for school, but rather as a stopping point on his quest. After all, if D really is dead, then what better place to talk to him? Oh, and I think Draco will redeem himself somehow.

I would love to see more of Luna in this book! :D DH fell in love with her in the 5th movie, which cracked me up!:lmao:

korib
07-20-2007, 03:09 PM
I don't want poor Harry to lose anyone else! Hasn't the kid been through enough. I totally think Harry won't die...otherwise He-That-Shall....would win. And, the good guys always win, right?

It'd kill me if Ron and Hermoine get it.

I'm afraid that my good friend Hagrid has seen his end...
I can't wait to see what good things Neville can do...I think he is going to be one of those hidden gems.

Okay...that's enough speculation from me...how many hours? What do you think my family will do as I read?

Mag Henrey
07-20-2007, 03:53 PM
It will certainly be interesting - I am hoping that Harry, Ron and Hermonie survive - would hate to see Hagrid go but you could be right on that one. Definitely Snape has to go but he will probably redeem himself before he does and of course he who should not be named must be a gonna. I wonder if Mr and Mrs Weasley or the twins die.

At least we get to pick up our copies here in about 10 minutes and can read the afternoon away. I will probably wander down and pick up my preordered copy in a couple of hours once the shops get a little quieter. It will be nuts down there at the moment with lots of little witches and wizards running around (and of course lots of big ones too).

Mag Henrey
07-21-2007, 04:16 AM
Well have finished it - has meant nothing but reading since I picked the book up - have to say a satisfactory conclusion I think - felt strange knowing that it was the last time I would get to read about Harry and the rest - like saying goodbye to old friends.

Won't spoil the ending for anyone.

:sad44:

babyofmine
07-21-2007, 05:40 AM
I went to the release party with my friend last night....it wasn't very party-like, though. It was more like standing in line, and that's it. :laugh: I had already pre-ordered the book, and my friend is still only on book 2, so we didn't buy one, but I got a few bookmarks for me, and some cute "7" tattoos for my boys.
I started to think to myself, "The next book that comes out, I will not pre-order..." and then I had to laugh :lmao: because DUH! There is no other book.
But really? only satisfactory? I won't even really be able to read the book until tomorrow afternoon, what with some church commitments today and tomorrow morning. AND I still need to help my race partner with the collab LO for the ASDR. :D

petitflocondeneige
07-24-2007, 06:49 AM
has anyone finished the book?
I finished Monday afternoon... Then I went swimming, still thinking about Harry!!

Apparently, asking the bookstore to keep one for me was a good idea. The 2 bookstores had 10 books each, sold in a few hours. No more available books here in France. Apparently, you can get it on eBay for 200 euros???

Pahina722
07-24-2007, 07:41 AM
Yup--finished it Sunday after forcing myself to put it down Saturday night. I, too, am a bit sad that I won't be reading about any new adventures of Harry---but Rowling DID leave some room for sequels if she wanted to keep on writing, didn't she?!

Mag Henrey
07-25-2007, 12:25 AM
I think you are right - she has left room to continue. Must admit that I was able to pick the book up in NZ from about 11am (went and got it at about 2pm) and then up late that night until I finished it - a bit of speed reading so will probably have to go back and reread.

Will be interesting to see if she ends up writing a more "adult" book as she has hinted at.

babyofmine
07-25-2007, 09:05 AM
Okay, I finished late Sunday night. And I have to agree, it was a satisfactory ending for the series. I disliked the last chapter; it seemed like an afterthought rather than having Jo's full heart in it. HOWEVER, the rest of the book was magnificent! :D
Did anyone else bawl like a baby at the first death??:cry: And then all the others... I kept having to explain to my boys why I was so sad. :frown:
Anyway, I'm not disappointed that I pre-ordered it! :vb_chirolp_iei: