PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations GDS Designer Contest Winners!

Debra
12-02-2012, 06:22 PM
After a long hard month of amazing talent from the GDS 2012 Designer Contestants, we have our Winner(s)!

Congratulations to our Grand Prize Winner:

Starwarsfans aka Seoul 2 Soul Scraps!

Congratulations to the following Winners who also earned a place on the GDS Designer Team!

A Little Giggle Designs
Karen Diamond Designs
Keystone Scraps

We thank everyone for participating!

Big Congratulations to the Winners!

britnkaysmemaw2
12-02-2012, 06:26 PM
Woo Hoo! Welcome to our new designers!
:vb_chirolp_iei::gogo::vb_chirolp_iei:

Can't wait to work with you and your wonderful designs!

Art for Scrapbooking
12-02-2012, 06:34 PM
WOOHOOO congratulations and welcome to the team.:gogo:

Scrappinsass
12-02-2012, 06:35 PM
WOO HOO !! a big CONGRATS to all the winners!! YEAH!!!

GDSDiane
12-02-2012, 06:41 PM
Congratulations ladies!! *woot :gogo:

kdk929
12-02-2012, 06:53 PM
Congratulations Ladies! Can't wait to work with your designs!

stmac88
12-02-2012, 06:57 PM
Congratulations!!

starwarsfans
12-02-2012, 06:57 PM
Thank you! I am still in shock!

sweetdreamer
12-02-2012, 07:01 PM
Tricia! Now didn't I say..."May all your dreams come true"

Congratulations to You and everyone else. I'm looking forward to your designs.

Thank you! I am still in shock!

Michellemarie
12-02-2012, 07:06 PM
Congratulations to Tricia!!! And to all the others for getting a spot! You were all truly amaziing with your designs:)

vicki23
12-02-2012, 07:20 PM
Congratulations Tricia and the rest for getting a spot, well done to everyone!!

jakrn
12-02-2012, 07:22 PM
Congratulations new GDS designers!!!! Looking forward to working with you!!
:vb_chirolp_iei: :party:

6grand
12-02-2012, 07:25 PM
:gogo::gogo::gogo: CONGRATULATIONS! You did it!!!!!!!!!!!!AWESOMNESS!!!!

Looking forward to working with your kits.

Darlene Currie
12-02-2012, 07:37 PM
A big HUGE round of applause to you all - winners and those that made it to the final round! Well done and really looking forward to getting to know you and work along side you all! WHOOT! WHOOT!
:bump::bump::bump::bump:

angmag55
12-02-2012, 07:44 PM
Congratulations to all the winners and can't wait to work with the kits that Tricia creates!:vb_chirolp_iei:

dodiesa
12-02-2012, 10:10 PM
Thank you everyone! Like Tricia said, I'm still in shock! This is the most wonderful early Christmas gift that I could possibly have wished for. I look forward to jumping in with both feet!

Els AW
12-02-2012, 10:22 PM
Well done to everyone!
Congratulations Tricia!! :party:

donakat
12-02-2012, 11:14 PM
Congratulations to the winners! Great job from everyone in the contest!

PattyB
12-03-2012, 01:40 AM
Congratulations WOW!!!!!!!!

createdbyjill
12-03-2012, 03:54 AM
Congratulations!!!!

makeyesup
12-03-2012, 04:21 AM
Congrats to Tricia and also the runner ups. Everyone did terrific in this contest.
:balloons:

mkgilbo
12-03-2012, 04:49 AM
Congratulations to all of the winners!!

Bright Eyes
12-03-2012, 05:44 AM
Congratulations to the winners. Will be so exciting to see the new kits they will be offering in the store.

ILuvCrush
12-03-2012, 06:44 AM
Thank you soooo much!! I'm so excited!!
*woot*woot*woot*woot*woot

christellevandyk
12-03-2012, 07:18 AM
Congratulations ladies! Very well deserved, there was so much talent going around! Can't wait to see all your products.

criostirado
12-03-2012, 08:03 AM
congratulations all!!!! Great job!

Marcie
12-03-2012, 09:29 AM
Congratulations! All contestants worked so hard. For those that didn't win this time, take what you learned and keep practicing.

Debra
12-03-2012, 03:08 PM
Yes...thanks so to all the Contestants... so many fun creations given away so freely! What a blast for us all!

bingomama1966
12-03-2012, 03:35 PM
WOW Congratulations ladies

hollandnancy
12-03-2012, 03:44 PM
congratulations, winners!

HisKid
12-03-2012, 04:03 PM
Congratulations to the winners!!

joniv91
12-03-2012, 04:43 PM
Congrats guys. You are all awesome and I can't wait to see what you do!!!

Pink
12-04-2012, 04:25 AM
:vb_chirolp_iei: huge congrats to the winners.

However I think the contest was miss named :twitcy:

jojomart
12-04-2012, 08:18 AM
OK, not to be a party pooper, but I just don't understand how you judged this competition. It mustn't have had anything to do with originality. Why would you choose a designer who uses other people's creative work over a designer who creates everything from scratch, and creates it very well I might add. Anyone can buy a CU stash or run a script or action to make elements - NOT everyone is a good enough designer to create all of their own. To me a "designer" is someone who creates things by hand with loving care, not someone who has a credits file with every item attributed to someone else.

I'm not saying anything bad about all of the designers who entered the contest, because they all created beautiful kits, however, it just seems a bit lopsided that a person who should have won or at least been somewhere in the winners list wasn't considered good enough for Go Digital Scrapbooking.

:confused1:

Pink
12-04-2012, 09:40 AM
OK, not to be a party pooper, but I just don't understand how you judged this competition. It mustn't have had anything to do with originality. Why would you choose a designer who uses other people's creative work over a designer who creates everything from scratch, and creates it very well I might add. Anyone can buy a CU stash or run a script or action to make elements - NOT everyone is a good enough designer to create all of their own. To me a "designer" is someone who creates things by hand with loving care, not someone who has a credits file with every item attributed to someone else.

I'm not saying anything bad about all of the designers who entered the contest, because they all created beautiful kits, however, it just seems a bit lopsided that a person who should have won or at least been somewhere in the winners list wasn't considered good enough for Go Digital Scrapbooking.

:confused1:

This is why I said I thought the contest was miss named, to me a designer is someone who 'designs' an item from scratch, otherwise it is a DIP contest, not that there is anything wrong with that, it just seems the longest credit list won, where as I would have thought the shortest one would win. Just pleased I am not the only one thinking it :confused1:

jojomart
12-04-2012, 09:58 AM
Exactly! I think of it this way. A clothing designer designs a gown for someone for the Academy Awards and charges thousands of dollars for her hard work, and then the next day department stores are making knock-offs of it. Who is the better designer, the original artist, or those who are copying the original artist's work??

Pink
12-04-2012, 10:26 AM
I totally agree! Don't get me wrong all the kits were fabtastic and I know it takes time to put them together even if you purchase the items, its how I started. But designer is someone who designs...from start to finish.

Debra
12-04-2012, 12:12 PM
The Designer Contest was judged on many factors, not merely originality. We are extremely grateful for all of the efforts put forth by all of the Contestants and stand firmly in honoring the Contestant who won this contest fair and square.

Congratulations again to our winner, Seoul 2 Soul Scraps!

Pink
12-04-2012, 12:21 PM
I am sure it was judged with a great deal of time and many things taken into account. I was just saying it could have been named a little more appropriately is all. By saying designer it gives the impression people are going to be making everything. Kit contest may have been more apt.

I to congratulate all winners, all kits were fabtastic!

criostirado
12-04-2012, 12:40 PM
I think the right person won and the others that were winners also did a great job!!!

My way of thinking is, when you go to the craft store and you buy some fabric...or some yarn...and you make something with it, people will say wow that is a beautiful shirt. They are also considering the fabric that you used, which you didn't make yourself. The same with if they love the hat you knitted. You have the skill to take something, work with it and make it your own. To me that is designing. The people that make CU items make them for a reason, and there are THOUSANDS of different CU items out there, the reason being is because some people don't have a photography skill it takes to photograph a picture, extract it and make it look right. I know personally, I stink at that part. I was doing the play along and could not get the photos to be good enough to use the items to be extracted.

I think its very unfair to make a comment and take away from starwarsfan and the other ladies celebration. they worked very hard on their kits and did a great job. I think just like the person who buys fabric to sew or yarn to knit, they made each item their own and THAT is hard work. I am pretty sure if these ladies put their minds too it they could make their own elements as well, but with only a few days for each part of the contest it would have been virtually impossible for them to make each and every element themselves and make the dead lines.

You can think what you want, everyone has a right to their opinion but Nobody has the right to take away one second of joy and excitement from these ladies they earned it.

Scrappinsass
12-04-2012, 01:29 PM
Well said!

vicki23
12-04-2012, 01:34 PM
Ditto, on the well said.

stmac88
12-04-2012, 02:39 PM
Ditto 2!!

Andrea
12-04-2012, 03:04 PM
Congratulations!

hivart
12-08-2012, 02:01 PM
Congrats! :gogo:

webdesignmom
12-08-2012, 05:23 PM
Congrats Tricia and the rest of the ladies!!

SparkysGirl
12-11-2012, 05:40 PM
Congratulations to Tricia and the other winners!

Ingrid1963
12-12-2012, 11:26 AM
Congratulations!

ladyofthethorns
12-17-2012, 06:59 AM
Oh boy, I'm a bit late at posting my congratulations :p but, better late then never, right? :laugh:

Congratulations to all!

britnkaysmemaw2
12-18-2012, 05:24 PM
I saw our new designers have their shoppes started. Can't wait to see the products they will load in them!

Gem
12-19-2012, 06:30 PM
I think the right person won and the others that were winners also did a great job!!!

My way of thinking is, when you go to the craft store and you buy some fabric...or some yarn...and you make something with it, people will say wow that is a beautiful shirt. They are also considering the fabric that you used, which you didn't make yourself. The same with if they love the hat you knitted. You have the skill to take something, work with it and make it your own. To me that is designing. The people that make CU items make them for a reason, and there are THOUSANDS of different CU items out there, the reason being is because some people don't have a photography skill it takes to photograph a picture, extract it and make it look right. I know personally, I stink at that part. I was doing the play along and could not get the photos to be good enough to use the items to be extracted.

I think its very unfair to make a comment and take away from starwarsfan and the other ladies celebration. they worked very hard on their kits and did a great job. I think just like the person who buys fabric to sew or yarn to knit, they made each item their own and THAT is hard work. I am pretty sure if these ladies put their minds too it they could make their own elements as well, but with only a few days for each part of the contest it would have been virtually impossible for them to make each and every element themselves and make the dead lines.

You can think what you want, everyone has a right to their opinion but Nobody has the right to take away one second of joy and excitement from these ladies they earned it.

I like the way you put this and I agree. Congratulations to all the hard working ladies who participated in the contest and to the chosen ladies who were selected as the winners of this contest. BRAVO!!!