PDA

View Full Version : NSBR potty taining

Maisie
07-13-2007, 08:20 AM
I am trying to potty train my 3 yo grandson today.
He knows how and what to do.
He's just throwing the most god awful tantrums.
I'm sure I'll be ready to be committed by the time DD picks him up.

bdjeepers
07-13-2007, 08:35 AM
Aw, Mary, that's tough duty! With all boys in the family, I learned to send 'em in with the men to show them how to do it!

babydoe
07-13-2007, 09:37 AM
I'm glad I never had to go through any of this. My good friend (who had 4 kids of her own) kept Patrick from the time he was very small (and I was working) and had him potty trained at 18 months. He was moved to a twin bed at that age and never wet his bed once. So, I was VERY fortunate.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

mosser77
07-13-2007, 09:40 AM
I don't even wanna think about having to do this! I have no idea where to begin.

HollyS
07-13-2007, 10:55 AM
Well for me, I'd try things and they'd show little to no interest so I just dropped it. You could always try throwing cheerios in there and have him shoot them :) I know it seems that they'll never get it but sometimes kids can just recognize that you want it badly and dig their heels in :)

babyofmine
07-13-2007, 11:01 AM
I didn't even bother trying until they showed some interest. We've always had an "open bathroom door" policy (within reason, of course) so that the boys could see what the big deal was. And EVERY chance we got, send in the boys with DH so they could really see. I tried the reward charts, but they didn't care for them. They just kind of did it. :laugh:

mammacole1979
07-13-2007, 01:00 PM
My son is also 3 and has no desire to use the potty. He know what to do, he can even tell me when he has to go but just won't go on the potty. I'm so lost, my daughter was potty trained when she was 2 and all I had to do with her was put panties on her and tell her not to pee in them. :hairpull:

Maisie
07-13-2007, 02:30 PM
Well...
he so did not want to use the potty! The little stinker!
I'll be shampooing my rug this weekend. LOL

Maisie
07-13-2007, 02:31 PM
Girls are so much easier to train, aren't they???

My son is also 3 and has no desire to use the potty. He know what to do, he can even tell me when he has to go but just won't go on the potty. I'm so lost, my daughter was potty trained when she was 2 and all I had to do with her was put panties on her and tell her not to pee in them. :hairpull:

bdjeepers
07-13-2007, 03:05 PM
GS Stephen has done very well, but nearly had a panic attack a short time ago when he developed a sudden case of the GIs and couldn't get to the bathroom on time. It scared him, and he insisted that he had to see the doctor NOW! He was quite angry that he wasn't taken!

Things are so much more relaxed now - when my boys were small, my parent's generation insisted that they had to be potty trained before age 2. I'm glad I always lived at least half a continent away from them! Each one had his own time table. I do think boys need more time than girls.

Andrea
07-13-2007, 04:27 PM
I think its true that boys are tougher than girls! My sister in law is so frustrated with her 5 year old boy. He will poop anywhere but the toilet. He often poops in the dog run with the dog poop. But, he won't go in the toilet! I didn't have that much trouble with mine. It was all about discovering their currency!

Maisie
07-13-2007, 04:55 PM
Well DD said she is going to wait until he's ready. Her ped. said he do it when he was ready.
I know I shouldn't push him.
But he knows how to use the potty.
He just won't.
His day care won't move him up to the 3 yo's until he's potty trained.