PDA

View Full Version : Family Feedback

bdjeepers
07-12-2007, 05:51 AM
I was wondering what kind of feedback about layouts all of you get from family members; especially the children. Has someone said something that made you feel really good about what you do?

I had such a special moment last night I'd like to share it with you. I had emailed my latest layout, and got an email right back saying that my grandson had just seen it had the journaling read to him. (He'll be three in a couple of weeks.) His comment wasn't about the picture, per se, but something to make a grandmother's heart melt. His comment was, "I love her so much." To know that he knows that his grandmother loves him is all the reward I need. It is my purpose for scrapbooking, and now I know my message has gotten through to him. We give our families messages in so many ways, and to scrapbook is to show our love in a tangible way that they can keep long after we are gone.

How does your family show their appreciation?

HollyS
07-12-2007, 05:56 AM
Aw....how sweet! I show my kids all the layouts I make of them and they get this look of pride when they see them and read the journaling... I think they see it as yet another expression of my love for them. My youngest son keeps making me show him the layout of him and his brother where I quoted them as saying "You touch it! No you touch it! No you touch it!" and he reads that back to me. It's so sweet!

KattyZak
07-12-2007, 05:57 AM
That's really sweet.

Pahina722
07-12-2007, 06:07 AM
DH looks at each as I do them and usually starts laughing. We're both quite sarcastic, so I tend to make jokes in my layouts. DS LOVES seeing himself in layouts--except for the bathtub ones, which I call my blackmail layouts. I haven't posted them here yet, but I'll show y'all later! The latest convert has been my father (my heart nearly stopped at this one) who asked me to put the link to my gallery in his "favorites." When I started doing heritage layouts for his side of the family, he got interested.

twirlyjoy
07-12-2007, 09:02 AM
awww how sweet!! I did a calendar of Los of the girls for my dad for his birthday and it certainly brought a tear to his eye! My girls love seeing LOs of them and they were almost as excited as me when I got my awesome 12x12 layouts printed here at gds (I was very fair and got equal ones of each of them done!!). They have been asking me for a while to get individual 8x8 albums for each of them as their own personal albums!

I fully believe that it boosts kids confidence when they see that we take the time to create LOs of pics of them - my eldest is quite self-concious and hated photos of herself, but the more LOs she sees of her, the more she likes the pics!

bdjeepers
07-12-2007, 09:32 AM
I think you're so right, Joy, about boosting self-confidence and self esteem, too. I believe good layouts can help gently lead, provide constructive comments, and show them proof that they have value through praise and sharing our private thoughts about them.

Maisie
07-12-2007, 12:40 PM
Everyone in my family loves my pages.
I made an 8x8 for my DGD. She loves it. She looks through it everyday.
When my DGS Nathan see one of him, he says, "there's Nathan!!!, there's Nathan, he's so cute." LOL
I made and framed one, for DD of her wedding day, for her B-day and she loved it!!! Here: Wedding Day (http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.net/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=2020&ppuser=182&sl=m)
Now, I am doing one for DIL for her B-day. I hope she likes it. Here First Day of School (http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.net/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=5813&ppuser=182&sl=m[/URL)

Makes you feel wonderful, that they love our work, doesn't it??

babyofmine
07-12-2007, 02:48 PM
DH loves that I'm actually using products. LOL compared to my paper stuff, which just collected dust. :D My boys love seeing themselves, and sometimes sit and watch while I do my pages.

Xaria
07-12-2007, 10:19 PM
My partner Dale gets annoyed if I do a layout and forget to upload it as he "spies" on me and looks at my gallery online.
He says he doesn't like it when I use his pic, but he always wants to know when I have scrapped the latest pics I took of him