PDA

View Full Version : Whats on your bucket list ?

Art for Scrapbooking
11-10-2012, 09:49 PM
Just for fun let's join in the Round 2 theme and share what's on our bucket lists. Who has the funniest or strangest thing. :laugh:

Here is one from me - eat genuine german style pork knuckles one more time.

and from my DH - have a monty python movie marathon with his son

aeryn
11-10-2012, 10:34 PM
The most important thing on my bucket list is kind of different, almost depressing in a way but it would make me extremely happy. I wish my fibro would go into complete remission just long enough to let me be able to get down on the floor and really play with my great-grandbabies before they get too old to want to play with grammy. I have 4 - 6 wks, 11 mos, 16 mos and just over 2.

Art for Scrapbooking
11-10-2012, 10:44 PM
The most important thing on my bucket list is kind of different, almost depressing in a way but it would make me extremely happy. I wish my fibro would go into complete remission just long enough to let me be able to get down on the floor and really play with my great-grandbabies before they get too old to want to play with grammy. I have 4 - 6 wks, 11 mos, 16 mos and just over 2.

Here's hoping that wish comes true. If it doesn't I am sure they will still appreciate and love you and as they grow you will be able to play in new ways.
Thanks for sharing.

Els AW
11-10-2012, 11:07 PM
I am a 'miss chillybody' so traveling to HOT places is on my bucketlist!

aeryn
11-10-2012, 11:18 PM
Here's hoping that wish comes true. If it doesn't I am sure they will still appreciate and love you and as they grow you will be able to play in new ways.
Thanks for sharing.

Thanks Sharon!

Art for Scrapbooking
11-10-2012, 11:21 PM
I am a 'miss chillybody' so traveling to HOT places is on my bucketlist!
Well thats funny cause I am a miss hot body - in temperature only and I love the cold. Last year I went to visit my son for christmas in Montreal canada just to get cold You will have to come visit me in australia lol.

Els AW
11-10-2012, 11:35 PM
Well thats funny cause I am a miss hot body - in temperature only and I love the cold. Kast year I went o visit my son for christmas in Montreal canada just to get cold You will have to come visit me in australia lol.

:D Would love to!!

Art for Scrapbooking
11-10-2012, 11:42 PM
:D Would love to!!

Anytime. It is funny how some are chilly bodies. One of my daughters is one. I think it is because she is so skinny lol

Els AW
11-10-2012, 11:49 PM
Anytime. It is funny how some are chilly bodies. One of my daughters is one. I think it is because she is so skinny lol

Could be, I am not very 'fat' LOL!
And wich part of Australia you live?

Art for Scrapbooking
11-10-2012, 11:59 PM
I am in brisbane - about halfway up the east coast. If you have never been here there are lots pf wonderful and very hot places lol.

Els AW
11-11-2012, 01:58 AM
I am in brisbane - about halfway up the east coast. If you have never been here there are lots pf wonderful and very hot places lol.

10 years ago we spent 29 days in Australia, with a bus from Darwin to Sydney.
It was great, but... so far away!
But, you never know: whenever we got plans to go to Australia once more, we will visit you!! ;-)

Art for Scrapbooking
11-11-2012, 02:04 AM
10 years ago we spent 29 days in Australia, with a bus from Darwin to Sydney.
It was great, but... so far away!
But, you never know: whenever we got plans to go to Australia once more, we will visit you!! ;-)
You have probably seen more hen me lol. I have been to Fussen in germany around the castles, munich for a night and prague. Thats the closest i have come to you. My uncle was Finnish and his brother lives there and I know someone in Brussels so you never know. i will yell if we come your way too.

jakrn
11-11-2012, 05:21 AM
I guess I don't have anything "funny" for my bucket list.
November 16th is my last work day and I will be retired so I will be able to cross retiring off my list! :party1:
There are a few states here in the US that I would like to travel to yet.......have 5 or 6 left that DH and I have not been to.
Even though I am retiring from the work place, I would like to start a scrap for hire business from home. Friends have advised me not to take something that I love to do as a hobby and turn it into a "job". Anyone have any thoughts on that?

Els AW
11-11-2012, 05:51 AM
November 16th is my last work day and I will be retired so I will be able to cross retiring off my list! :party1:
There are a few states here in the US that I would like to travel to yet.......have 5 or 6 left that DH and I have not been to.
Even though I am retiring from the work place, I would like to start a scrap for hire business from home. Friends have advised me not to take something that I love to do as a hobby and turn it into a "job". Anyone have any thoughts on that?

You will probaly be more occupied than when you were working LOL! but enjoy it!

And do I understand friends advised NOT to start a job of something that is your hobby?
Why? I should say: give it a try!!

britnkaysmemaw2
11-11-2012, 07:14 AM
Joyce - you never know unless you try! It would be different doing it for others vs. doing your own scrapping.

Debra
11-11-2012, 07:26 AM
You will probaly be more occupied than when you were working LOL! but enjoy it!

And do I understand friends advised NOT to start a job of something that is your hobby?
Why? I should say: give it a try!!

One thing I always remember my Grandfather saying... if you find a job that you truly love, you never "work" a day in your life :love-smiley-011:

Can't hurt to give it a try :biggrin:

Els AW
11-11-2012, 09:11 AM
You have probably seen more hen me lol. I have been to Fussen in germany around the castles, munich for a night and prague. Thats the closest i have come to you. My uncle was Finnish and his brother lives there and I know someone in Brussels so you never know. i will yell if we come your way too.

;-) You are very welcome! But... if you come this way: make sure it is in sept/oct. for the beautiful Fall colors!

mollyscraps
11-11-2012, 09:12 AM

Oh Jody, I hope so too!!!

mollyscraps
11-11-2012, 09:15 AM
Could be, I am not very 'fat' LOL!
And wich part of Australia you live?

Well, I am very NOT skinny and I also am a chillybody (I love that term!!!)

My bucket list includes living in Miami and well, let's just leave it at "meeting" Chef Sam Talbot.

:wink:

mollyscraps
11-11-2012, 09:17 AM

YAY for retirement!!!

About hobby to job. I kinda get that but as long as you are not dependent on the money I think it could be okay. The danger comes when it becomes about the money I think. Oh, and don't over commit yourself. That could ruin it too!

Art for Scrapbooking
11-12-2012, 11:57 PM
Well, I am very NOT skinny and I also am a chillybody (I love that term!!!)

My bucket list includes living in Miami and well, let's just leave it at "meeting" Chef Sam Talbot.

:wink:

Well I had to google him and I can see why you would like to 'meet' him rofl:p

2SparkleOn
11-13-2012, 09:08 AM
My main bucket list item is to visit great Christmas festivals and events all over the U.S.A. And maybe someday in Germany too. It is my favorite holiday and time of year.

Art for Scrapbooking
11-13-2012, 12:20 PM
My main bucket list item is to visit great Christmas festivals and events all over the U.S.A. And maybe someday in Germany too. It is my favorite holiday and time of year.
Sometimes I think we should have christmas all year round lol. Visiting the christmas markets in germany is on my list too although prob not too high up s last year I crossed off having a white christmas.

britnkaysmemaw2
11-13-2012, 01:55 PM
One thing on my bucket list would be to visit the New England states in the Fall, at least one more time!

We lived there for 6 years, and I have to say it is beautiful!

KarenDiamondDesigns
11-13-2012, 04:14 PM
Before Round 2, I never really bothered with a "bucket list" so it took me a couple of days to come up with a list, and then try to match colors was another challenge! LOL.

I always knew there were things I wanted to do in my life but never really put them together with a "bucket list".

So, what's on my bucket list....?

Sailing
Scuba Diving (am learning how to snorkel, which is the first stages of scuba diving, so I'm working toward this one)
Horseback riding
Washington DC Tour w/ daughter

A goal is to be able to be fit enough to climb a mountain with my daughter.... so Mountain Climbing is on my list as well.

I don't think anything on my list would be strange or weird or anything... at least I don't think so. Thanks for letting me share!!

Art for Scrapbooking
11-13-2012, 04:45 PM
Great list Karen. I am one of those people who as long as I am healthy and happy don't care if there are things I don't do lol. Not like - I just have to do this or that. there are things I would enjoy but if I don't do them it is no big deal lol
You are braver then me with the scuba diving - that is not on my list. you should add to your list visit the whitsundays in australia. We had a short 4 day visit to my cousins last month and went out on a sailing boat for a day to a fantastic place for snorkelling. it was just off the shore of and island and totally awesome. I haven't snorkelled for about 20 years so it was great. I was a bit nervous about getting tired but its so close to shore and the boat had 'pool noodles' and with them under your arms you just float on top of the water. it was totally awesome. they also have beginner scuba dives where you learn on the boat then go in to 6 metres in groups of 3 or 4. My hubby did it as that was on his bucket list. i had no inclination to join him lol.
Here are a pic to inspire you more. I am the big fish or should I say whale rofl

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/308852_4455053947212_1048504885_n.jpg