PDA

View Full Version : Whining...8 hours later

KattyZak
07-07-2007, 08:31 PM
Waaaa!
I can't cool my house down and it is so miserably hot!
We got home from vacation at about 3 and cranked the air. No big deal, right? Wrong.
Around 6, I checked the temps....95 outside...89 inside. DANG!
Up to an hour ago, it was still 88 in here but has dropped to 85 outside. Last time I checked, maybe 30 minutes ago it has dropped to 86. I can't believe it takes this long to cool a house.
So I am hot and I am getting very crabby.
...so that is my vent! =[

Pahina722
07-07-2007, 08:41 PM
I understand your pain! We turned the air WAY up once when we left for a week's summer vacation. When we returned in 95 degree heat with 90% humidity (typical for July in Pensacola), the house didn't get what I considered cool until the next morning. Heat pumps just can't deal with the heat/humidity problems. Since then, the A/C stays on even if we aren't home.

KattyZak
07-07-2007, 08:47 PM
I thought we were leaving the air on at about 80. Dh wanted to leave it on at about 72 and I was no way so he turned it off. We have a lot of western exposed windows with nothing blocking it so its like an oven.

Xaria
07-07-2007, 10:09 PM
I have the opposite problem at the moment.
It is the middle of winter here and it is only above freezing. It hardly seems worthwhile turning on the heater as it doesn't seem to make much difference. I am sitting at the computer in a sleeping bag with a wheat bag on my knee.

yvonnew
07-07-2007, 10:13 PM
Oh I am so sorry to hear about your hot house.
Hopefully it is better now.

Pahina722
07-08-2007, 11:31 AM
Hmmmmmmm . . . . well, Xaria, I've always thought that New Zealand sounded like a fascinating place to visit--and WOW the scenery in Lord of the Rings from there is amazing. But, I've never had to sit in a sleeping bag in my house, even when the heat was broken, so I think I'll forego a permanent move "down under"!

Maisie
07-08-2007, 06:15 PM
Kattyzak,
I know how you feel...
We were living with the FIL for a while, and after a hard day at work, and a long hot drive home, I'd come home to a steamy, hot, smelly house.
The FIL was always cold so he left the AC off until I got home. Needless to say it never really cooled off all summer long.

KattyZak
07-08-2007, 06:23 PM
And funny thing enroute to Bible Camp today...just a mere 95 humid degrees...registered at camp and a big storm blew in and the temps fell to 71.
So all is good again.
[Did make for an interesting sign in at camp when they are registering 300+ kids and there are storm warnings. Power was out when I left.]

mosser77
07-09-2007, 04:27 AM
Growing up my parents' A/C would always go out on the 4th of July, like clockwork. Needless to say, my dad was on a first name basis with the repair guy!

petitflocondeneige
07-09-2007, 10:24 PM
give me your heat!!!
I'm in France, and the average temperature is currently 63F. That's not what we're suppose to have in the middle of summer! It should be more like 75 to 85... What happened to my summer? ;-)