PDA

View Full Version : Lost and Harry

amyleigh1204
07-06-2007, 10:23 AM
OK--Sara (saraschlick) and I are going to have to start a club! I am a huge Lost fan (very nerdy, read all the message boards about theories, etc.) and an even bigger Harry Potter fan. I noticed that she has a Harry avatar and a Lost blinkie! Yay!! I am not alone! Any more of you out there?

bdjeepers
07-06-2007, 10:50 AM
I plead guilty to being a Lost fan, along with DH. We have to stay tuned to find out all those secrets - it's drivin' us crazy! I haven't read Harry Potter, but I'm a fan of anyone who can make kids want to pick up a book and READ. Besides, Rowlings' life is a real rags to riches, Cinderella story, and I think she's awesome for what she's done for kids!

Maisie
07-06-2007, 11:40 AM
Oh yeah,
Sign me up as as a Lostie!!! I won't read any websites because I want to be surprised, my son, Chris, e-mails them to me after every show.
My other 3 kids, I included my SIL in this, are big Harry Potter fans. They have preordered the book from Amazon. So on big release day they will have their books, without having to wait in any lines.
I haven't read any of the books, but I have seen all the movies.

Pahina722
07-06-2007, 11:51 AM
Har-ry! Har-ry! Har-ry!

(That's cheering, in case you're totally confused.)

I don't watch Lost--never have, but Harry Potter, count me in. And if you want to start talking about CSI, Law & Order, or The Closer, I'm your girl.

saraschlick
07-06-2007, 12:10 PM
Now why didn't I notice this earlier?!

WAHOO!!!!!!!

I love Harry and Lost!! I'm like you, Amy, I read all the boards about the LOST theories. I try to avoid HP boards, though, because I just don't want those to be spoiled!

I have pre-ordered by book #7 from Amazon, so I plan to hole myself up that day and do nothing but READ!! Anyone else order theirs?

Also, do you plan on seeing the "Order of the Phoenix" movie next week? :popcorn: I personally LOVE the HP movies, I think they are very true to the books and do a great job of bringing them to life.

Sara Potter (ahem, I mean Schlick :wink:)

babyofmine
07-06-2007, 01:10 PM
uh, yah! Have you SEEN my blinkie??? *points down* :laugh:
Lostie, all the way. I'm totally into reading forums about the theories, though I don't do it as much right now, because I'm so DISTRAUGHT over what happened in the season finale. :cry: And confused. BTW, without giving anything away, I figured out why Jack was acting so weird, before that last scene there. But that comment about his father.. WTH??? :eek1

So....yeah...Harry Potter has been a dear, dear friend to me, ever since I was preggers with #1. I pre-ordered the book from Walmart waaaaaay back in February. :giggle: I am even thinking of attending a Release Party somewhere, like Borders. :D The only thing that really sucks about me liking it, is that DH won't participate (though he will watch the movies with me) and the boys are too young to care. And I'm 4 states away from any family. :frown:

I saw a funny thing on TV: On ESPN, they were showing the coverage of the Hot Dog Eating Contest for July 4th, and some dude in the audience had a sign that said "Go *forget the name*" on one side, then he flipped it over and it said "Hermione Dies". I couldn't stop laughing! :lmao:

Anyway, we're going to the Harry Potter movie in 1.5 weeks, since DH will have some time off then.:party1:
Thanks for reading my novel! :p

saraschlick
07-06-2007, 01:15 PM
BTW, without giving anything away, I figured out why Jack was acting so weird, before that last scene there. But that comment about his father.. WTH??? :eek1

Ok...do tell!!! I love hearing LOST theories. On other boards they write the spoilers in white so the readers have to highlight them to read it. Pretty please do that!! :)

So funny about the "Hermione Dies" sign. Can't wait to find out!!

Sara

amyleigh1204
07-06-2007, 01:20 PM
I think that The Survivors and The Others will have to band together to fight whoever is coming to the island. I don't think these "rescuers" are good people, even though they sounded like it over the radio. I have a theory about Penelope's father being behind the whole "rescue" thing. I think that he allowed Pen to look for Des (because he would do anything for her), but he was looking, too (that is why the parachute girl had the pic). When they found Des, they have orders to kill him, to keep him away from Pen. Just my little theory there.

The flash forward was crazy wasn't it? I had a friend that fell asleep before the end of the episode, so she didn't realize it was a flash forward! Who was in the casket? Who was Kate saying she had to get home to? (Sawyer, of course!) Did Charlie really die? What in the heck is Jacob? So many questions and only 48 more episodes to answer them!!!!!!! What will we do after 2010? I don't think I will make it until next February!!!!!!!

On the Harry topic--Of Course, I will be going to see The Order!!!!! No, I did not pre-order because I have done that in the past, and found it cheaper at Target, just on the shelf on the release day!! I can't wait!

Lainey
07-06-2007, 02:19 PM
I've never heard of Lost -- but then I don't watch TV.

My granddaughter got me hooked on Harry Potter! I've pre-ordered one for me, one for my granddaughter and one for a friend who has moved to Uganda ---YIPEE!

Also, I've been to Platform 9 3/4 at Kings Cross Station in London -- unfortuately my camera wasn't being cooperative and I only got a few pictures ---BooHoo. That was in 2004 -- I've heard they did a bit of remodeling to Platform 9 3/4 for the upcoming movie and now there's a buggy embedded in the wall. I guess I'll just have to go back to London for another peek!! *LOL*

The movies are fabulous. Can't wait to see the next one. I also have the books on CD ... Jim Dale is the American reader and Stephen Fry is the British one. I couldn't decide which one I liked better so I got them both.

babyofmine
07-06-2007, 08:49 PM
LOST SPOILERS

I agree with you, Amy; I have thought all along that Penelope's father is behind the whole experiment. The whole thing, Dharma, the whole bit. We never do see the guy that's behind it, but the timing makes sense.
I think Charlie really is dead. BUT I think the island does weird stuff, and that he'll come back somehow. But that's just me. :D But I think that fits in with what Jack said--remember, in the hospital (when he was all hairy and was acting crazy) he said "Bring my father in here, and if I'm more drunk than he is, then I'll go home" or something to that effect. uh...his dad is dead...so either his dad comes back, or Jack was really crazy. ROFL
And the way that everyone is connected, just totally blows me away. Even Des and Charlie had a connection, right after Des went to see Pen's father.
Did anyone else notice that lil' Walt ain't so little? :laugh: I wonder how they'll explain that. Because they've only been on the island for a few months, but in real life they've been taping for 3 years! :D
I just ordered a book about LOST, I'll have to tell ya'll about it when I'm done devouring it. *wantmore

Harry Potter #7, I only paid $17 including shipping, so I'm okay with the price. :D

Love4Scrap
07-06-2007, 09:19 PM
Ok !` Ladies My Tuurn I Guess?? Heheheheheee!!!! I Have Never Watched Lost, Because I Never Seem To Remember To Tape It , Or At That Ever Have The Time To Watch It ... Lol...lol...lol... , So I Know Nothing Of The Show , But Just From What I Have Seen From The Previews Its Better Than Great!~

Now !!! The Harry Potter Movies Are #1 In This House , All 4 Of My Kids Are Harry Potter Fans And They Got My Husband And I To Watching It Too... Yeah !~

As For The Books , I Have Not Read Them, But My 13 Year Old Son Has And Loves Them... He Has Chosen All Of The Books To Be The Ones That He Has Had To Do Book Reports On......

Now Even More So That They Call Him Happy Potter Jr .............. Friends Started That At School After He Got His Glasses !!!! . He Is My Little Harry Potter !~

I Think Its Like A Cindrella Story , But For Boys !!!! , Did That Make Since? Lol...lol...lol...lol...

CrayonQueen
07-07-2007, 04:20 PM
I found this quiz on another site, and I thought it was fun....

Harry Potter Mega Quiz (http://parentingteens.about.com/cs/harryp5/l/blharrypotterq9.htm) Be warned though! This quiz is like 113 questions long!!!

I am a Harry Potter freak!! lol Waaayyy back in the day, I made stats and tags for a bunch of HP yahoo groups using PSP. I know all 6 books backwards and forwards (or at least I thought I did, I got a 91% on the quiz!:eek:) I haven't preordered the book, only cause our UPS dude here is sooo erratic in his delivery times, with my luck I wouldn't get the book till the evening.....so I'm going to pick it up at Costco....they've always had plenty of the books in the past, and for roughly the same price.

I can't wait till the 21st....but at the same time, I will very sad to know that this is the end of the series.....but all things must end right?

lacyrenfro
07-07-2007, 08:06 PM
Give me a CockRoch Cluster, Bertie Bot's Every Flavor Bean, a Chocolate Frog, and a Butter Beer:cheers:! IM A HARRY POTTER FAN!

Warning: If you get a Boggie flavored one...its not my fault! :fight:

:marchmellow:

babyofmine
07-08-2007, 09:04 PM
hhmmm...that quiz was inaccurate on a few, like the "positive human emotions"...NONE would have been the correct response. Dementors feed on negative emotions. too bad.

You answered 78 items out of 113 correctly.

Your score is 69%. Not bad.

eh! I need to read the books again! :D

petitflocondeneige
07-09-2007, 07:41 AM
I'm not really a Lost addict: it's too frustrating... In France, we have Lost during summer, 3 eps at a time, and even after 3, it seems I've learned nothing! However, this year, Lost is late on Monday evenings, and we have season 1 of Heroes on Saturday nights. I'm totally addict! And best of all: it's on the first channel, the episodes are in the correct order (which doesn't arrive that often!), and... we can have it in English!!!

I'm a huge addict of Harry Potter, currently re-reading Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, so I'll be ready on July 21th!!

edit: Hey! I'll have it 6/9 hours before you!!!!!

babyofmine
07-09-2007, 12:39 PM
petit, do you think you'll have book #7 read before we get it??? ROFL I know I could blitz through it without pesky interruptions such as kids and eating.:giggle: Of course, I miss some good stuff that way. :lmao:

Heroes is in my top 3 shows. I am on the edge of my seat! Can you access the nbc.com website? They have all the episodes online for Heroes. That's how I got all caught up when I missed a few weeks. :D check out the World Tour plan:
http://www.nbc.com/Heroes/heroesworldtour/

Okay, I really should eat something. later! :laugh:

petitflocondeneige
07-09-2007, 11:16 PM
petit, do you think you'll have book #7 read before we get it??? ROFL I know I could blitz through it without pesky interruptions such as kids and eating.:giggle: Of course, I miss some good stuff that way. :lmao:
LOL I will probably miss some good stuff too, but it will probably be like previous times: I'm there, but so totally hooked by the book that I don't hear when somebody talks to me... We'll be on the beach with 2 little girls, I'm working on a deal with my husband to have free time from July 21st to 24th!!

Heroes is in my top 3 shows. I am on the edge of my seat! Can you access the nbc.com website? They have all the episodes online for Heroes. That's how I got all caught up when I missed a few weeks. :D check out the World Tour plan:
http://www.nbc.com/Heroes/heroesworldtour/

Okay, I really should eat something. later! :laugh:

I was about to say this was really bad: I've seen only 6 episodes so far. I tried to watch number 7, and I got this message "We're sorry but the clip you selected isn't available from your location. Please select another clip." This is bad, but not for the same reasons!!!

babyofmine
07-11-2007, 10:03 PM
true story -- I didn't really start watching Heroes until about 2/3 of the way through...BUT I knew what was going on, because of the way the commercials were. :laugh: So when I say I missed a few weeks...it was more like MOST of them, but then I watched the last 5 or so "live".
DANG about not being able to watch them. That's weird! Will you be able to buy the DVDs when they come out?