PDA

View Full Version : Rain anyone?

amyleigh1204
07-06-2007, 10:05 AM
OMG!!!! I live in North East Texas where we have lived with drought conditions for about the past 4 years. Not anymore!!!! We generally have showers in the spring, but not ever enough to relieve the drought. In June we had rain 25 out of 29 straight days, then a little let up and then right back to it. And, I am not talking about a 30 minute shower! All day, dark sky, pouring buckets on our heads!! There is flooding everywhere!! I am not really complaining about the rain, we definitely need rain, just maybe not so much all at one time! I need some sunshine!!!!!!!!! At least it's not 105 degrees out, as it usually is this time of year.

Who else is getting the torrential rain?

Helen
07-06-2007, 10:46 AM
Not in my area.

I'm so sorry you Texans, and other states are getting so much rain.
Seems like the news is all about flooding in the SW and fires elsewhere.

I would be miserable if I had as much rain as you have had!

Wishing you LOTS of SUN in July and August. (no high heat - just sun!)
:3:

Maisie
07-06-2007, 11:42 AM
We need rain here in Maryland.
But not buckets.

I hope the sun comes out soon for you, Amy Leigh.

twirlyjoy
07-06-2007, 11:45 AM
We have had a ridiculous amount of rain here in England - further north there have been floods and loads of people made homeless, some have even lost their lives - not good at all. I guess we had our summer back in April!

Andrea
07-06-2007, 12:05 PM
We need rain in Utah too! It is so dry! There are wildfires everywhere. They said on the news last night that it hasn't rained in 28 days! My lawn has dead spots in it too. There just isn't enough water. Isn't mother nature funny? Too much rain in one place and not enough in another.

saraschlick
07-06-2007, 12:13 PM
You can send some rain my way, Amy. All of Nebraska is SO DRY right now. The western part is far worse than here in the northeast corner, but the corn is looking pretty curly already. I work in the agriculture industry, so I am definitely feeling the need for RAIN!!

sillyleann
07-06-2007, 12:23 PM
We are getting the rain too. I agree with you. It is so nice to have the rain and cooler summer days. I'm not sure where we can put anymore water around here. Everything is so full. But, I'm just to your north in OKC.

alfenner
07-06-2007, 12:37 PM
We'll take some rain!!! We've been in a drought for 7-10 years (depending on who you talk about), and this is the first year in a long time that we got enough moisture in the winter/spring to have a decent wheat harvest........BUT, it's so dry right now, that the combine's are catching fire from the static! ACK! Wait about one more week (when harvest is done) and we'll take a bunch of rain.........would be great to have a good corn harvest too! hehe.......

PS - the central/eastern KS areas are flooded, just us here in the northwest that are dry!

Love4Scrap
07-06-2007, 09:40 PM
OMG ! Amy get the rain out of HERE !~:eek1:eek1

AMY IS NOT KIDDING WHEN SHE SAID BUCKET FULLS ...We here in North Central Texas (Wichita Falls, Texas ) area , have had more rain then We know what to do with ... We have never ever seen this kind of rain EVER !~ I have lived here in North Texas for all of the 35 years of My Life and THIS RAIN , has been more than I can stand... We needed the rain , but not ALL @ ONE TIME !!!

We are still in the clean up efforts and there are those that have not even started , because there is still water in thier homes... :no::no::no::no:

We have had 1 1/2 days of Sunshine . :vb_chirolp_iei::vb_chirolp_iei::vb_chirolp_iei::v b_chirolp_iei:

there are chances of Rain EVERYDAY though for the REST OF THE WEEK AND THRU THE WEEKEND HERE !~ YIKES!~ :sad44:

:sad44::sad44::sad44:

We have not had the 105 degree weather that we usually have at this time as Amy already said , so hopefully the ELECTRIC BILL WON'T BE THE 500.00 THAT IT USUALLY IS IN JULY AND AUGUST !~ :3::3::3::3::3::3:

IF YOU WANT THE RAIN THEN AMY AND I WILL GLADLY PRAY THAT YOU RECIEVE IT, AND I WILL TRY TO POST THE RAINFUL FORCAST HERE FOR ANYONE THAT WANT TO TAKE IT .:laugh::laugh::laugh: LOL...LOL...LOL...

Hope you are drying out Amy?

Have a Great Evenning Everyone !~

KattyZak
07-07-2007, 07:51 AM
I can't imagine that kind of rain...geesh! I hope it dries out soon for you guys.
Up here in MN its pretty dry, too. We had a good rain the other day but we could use quite a few more of those kind of rains...especially now that vacation is coming to an end.

Robbi1
07-07-2007, 07:57 AM
Here in Sunny CA - we are in the Southern High Desert and it has just been so misserably hot - 100's+ back and forth from 105-120 depends on where you are. Not a drop of rain here! Would welcome some now too, but not in buckets. Our prayers that it will slow down and be gentle from here on in for those of you getting the buckets full.:)

emst
07-07-2007, 12:22 PM
I live on the coast of North Carolina and we would love to get some rain, not the buckets of it but enough so we don't have to keep watering everything. Now my youngest daughter who live in Killeen Texas last month had a lot of flooding, so much so that the water covered more than half of the stop sign at the end of her street, luckily she lives on the high side of the street but jokingly asked at work if they thought she could sell her house as waterfront property. I feel bad for anyone who is living near the flooding or the bad fires.